Nicolas Cage is a Gunslinger in ‘The Old Way’

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Nicolas Cage Follows ‘Pig’ With ‘The Old Way’, His First Western – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his lauded performance in art house darling Pig, Oscar winner Nicolas Cage has saddled up to lead action Western The Old Way.

The film will be Cage’s first foray into the genre (in a conventional sense), a journey he’ll continue with the previously announced Butcher’s Crossing. Both films will shoot back-to-back in Montana.

In The Old Way, Cage will star as Colton Briggs, a former gunslinger who now runs a general store and lives quietly with his family. When a gang of outlaws murders his wife in cold blood, Briggs returns home to find his world burning. He unearths his sidearm and saddles up with an unlikely partner: his twelve-year-old daughter.

The film will be directed by Acts of Violence helmer Brett Donowho. Carl W. Lucas wrote the script. Capstone is launching sales on the movie at this week’s Toronto Film Festival market.

Pretty cool it’ll be his first Western!

where did it go wrong for Cage... not saying he is doing anything bad, per se, but he was up there for a while and just started appearing in anything,..

When you spend your fortune on dinosaur bones, Action Comics #1, haunted houses in New Orleans, and pyramid tombs, you will be in debt.

where did it go wrong for Cage... not saying he is doing anything bad, per se, but he was up there for a while and just started appearing in anything,..

It's weird because it seemed in the 90s and 00s he was like a top movie star, you know with some flops here and there. Now he's in this weird Bruce Willis phase where he will as you say just show up in anything. I mean let's not forget, he is an Academy Award winner.

And don't get me wrong, some of it is interesting, but yeah as Vaibow says, I guess he's got a lot of debts.

I kind of feel like it all took a turn for him like post Ghost Rider 2 when he started doing more DTV and streaming schlock.

Even him showing up in Season of the Witch is something I found rather bizarre. How that movie even got a theatrical release in the 10s still befuddles me.

Last edited:
I mean, yeah, Cage seems like he will sign up for pretty much anything, but PIG is one of the best movies of the year and he's great in it.

Dude owes or owed the IRS a lot of money in back taxes, so I’m sure that had something to do with him taking any role he gets

**** it.

Nic Cage for Roland Deschain.

It's weird because it seemed in the 90s and 00s he was like a top movie star, you know with some flops here and there. Now he's in this weird Bruce Willis phase where he will as you say just show up in anything. I mean let's not forget, he is an Academy Award winner.

And don't get me wrong, some of it is interesting, but yeah as Vaibow says, I guess he's got a lot of debts.

I kind of feel like it all took a turn for him like post Ghost Rider 2 when he started doing more DTV and streaming schlock.

Even him showing up in Season of the Witch is something I found rather bizarre. How that movie even got a theatrical release in the 10s still befuddles me.
It's funny cos looking at his filmography... he has done a lot of b movies or lesser movies, even before he kinda hit it big... so I think he has always worked, it just got really good for him late 90's.

I think in the 00's he just aged out of the roles or didn't get as much luck... I mean, he needed a franchise in the 00's as national treasure wasn't too bad at all...

I kinda wished he got Magneto in the x men movies...

Eh... Lone Wolf and Cub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"