No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

For some reason, I thought at least one mainstream reporter reported and then retracted the report that Daredevil would be in the movie.

Variety, Hollywood Reporter and such have not. But it is a very prevalent rumor and having a small role would make sense. So while I don't think it is a guarantee, I think it is very possible

It's because none of the major trades have reported it that John Campea has disputed the rumors Cox is in the movie as Matt Murdock. He says that if it did not come from Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, The Wrap, Entertainment Weekly, it's not legit. As for Tobey and Andrew, he does think we'll see them because of the fact that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are confirmed to reprise their roles as Doc Ock and Electro.

It's because none of the major trades have reported it that John Campea has disputed the rumors Cox is in the movie as Matt Murdock. He says that if it did not come from Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, The Wrap, Entertainment Weekly, it's not legit. As for Tobey and Andrew, he does think we'll see them because of the fact that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are confirmed to reprise their roles as Doc Ock and Electro.

Why do I care about Campea's view? He isn't the all knowing authority here, he is just another dude trying to read the tea leaves just like us all. Campea could end up correct. But I also don't have to just take his opinion as the final word and gospel

Why do I care about Campea's view? He isn't the all knowing authority here, he is just another dude trying to read the tea leaves just like us all. Campea could end up correct. But I also don't have to just take his opinion as the final word and gospel

I give it a 40% chance he shows up. I still doubt the validity of him showing up, but I am not going to say "he's not going to show up in No Way Home, I am 100% sure of that." I am only 60% sure he doesn't show up. I give the chances of Tobey and Andrew showing up at 80% because of Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx being confirmed to show up and in fact I'll be surprised if neither don't show up. Right now, I need more evidence for me to say "yeah Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock definitely showing up in No Way Home." The fact that Molina and Foxx are confirmed for the movie and Molina's comments about how he ends up in the MCU increases the chances of Willem Dafoe, Rhys Ifans, Paul Giamatti and Thomas Hayden Church showing up as well. I got those guys at 70% chance of showing up. If Charlie Cox does indeed show up in No Way Home as Matt Murdock, I want it to be a surprise.

While not confirmed by any of the major trades and only confirmed by Charles Murphy, it's 100% likely Jon Favreau returns as Happy Hogan. In fact I'll be shocked if he doesn't show up. Now whether or not he's still with Aunt May is another story. Sadly it doesn't seem likely we'll see Michael Keaton, Bookeem Woodbine or Michael Mando in this film unless it's post-credits.

I think people are going to be disappointed when he’s not in this

If he isn't in the film, I'll be disappointed. But I'll judge the movie on its own merits. If anything, I think I'll be more disappointed if it just doesn't live up to its previous promise of the post-credits scene and just sort of sweeps everything under the rug or acts like it's no big deal that his identity was outed. As long as the movie treats that seriously, I'll be fine whether or not Matt Murdock is in the movie. But having Matt Murdock in the movie is still a great idea, imo.

If he isn't in the film, I'll be disappointed. But I'll judge the movie on its own merits. If anything, I think I'll be more disappointed if it just doesn't live up to its previous promise of the post-credits scene and just sort of sweeps everything under the rug or acts like it's no big deal that his identity was outed. As long as the movie treats that seriously, I'll be fine whether or not Matt Murdock is in the movie. But having Matt Murdock in the movie is still a great idea, imo.
I truly think the movie will feature Matt Murdock the lawyer, but not Daredevil the superhero. And honestly, that is enough for me.

The cooldown period with Netflix has expired so Disney can use the character again, and the plot calls for Peter Parker in court. Filming only court scenes with Charlie Cox isn't something hard to pull off at all.

Some possibly. But I more care if the movie is good. Like someone else said, I will be bothered if the identity thing ends up being written off like a joke or ignored entirely

Some possibly. But I more care if the movie is good. Like someone else said, I will be bothered if the identity thing ends up being written off like a joke or ignored entirely
I don't think it will, and I'm banking that on the idea of the Tobey/Andrew rumors. If they're in the movie and one of them takes their mask off, then Spider-Man's ID will be seen and it will not be MCU Spider-Man which should exonerate him

I don't think it will, and I'm banking that on the idea of the Tobey/Andrew rumors. If they're in the movie and one of them takes their mask off, then Spider-Man's ID will be seen and it will not be MCU Spider-Man which should exonerate him

How will that exonerate him? They all have different Spidey costumes and are of different heights, body types and ages. Just because one takes off his mask and proves he's not the Peter Parker that MCU earth are most familiar with doesn't mean one of the other Spider-Men couldn't be (especially one wearing the same costume people have seen). Surely people can't be that gullible.

How will that exonerate him? They all have different Spidey costumes and are of different heights, body types and ages. Just because one takes off his mask and proves he's not the Peter Parker that MCU earth are most familiar with doesn't mean one of the other Spider-Men couldn't be (especially one wearing the same costume people have seen). Surely people can't be that gullible.
It's not like the public has the knowledge of a multiverse and would even notice the different heights, body types, and ages of three web-slingers from afar.

I would assume that whatever footage is captured at the final battle will be presented at court, and Matt can make the argument that Spider-Man's face was revealed and it isn't Peter Parker here. While there may have been other Spider-Men also at the scene, then Matt can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his client wasn't there, and I think that would be enough. Either way, I think involving alternate Spider-Men will be part of the plot of getting MCU Peter out

I would assume that whatever footage is captured at the final battle will be presented at court, and Matt can make the argument that Spider-Man's face was revealed and it isn't Peter Parker here. While there may have been other Spider-Men also at the scene, then Matt can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that his client wasn't there, and I think that would be enough. Either way, I think involving alternate Spider-Men will be part of the plot of getting MCU Peter out

I kinda think everyone would have to be abit stupid to accept something like that. even more so to think everything could go back to normal after and no one would suspect him whenever he vanishes and spider-man appears.

I just don't think anything can be the same again after this.

I kinda think everyone would have to be abit stupid to accept something like that. even more so to think everything could go back to normal after and no one would suspect him whenever he vanishes and spider-man appears.

I just don't think anything can be the same again after this.
more stupid things have happened in real life, you know. things that are so stupid that it could come off as seriously offensive to a lot of people. tell me, why exactly would everyone come off as stupid if one of the Spider-Men take off their mask, and it's Tobey/Andrew? With that as one piece of evidence, I think Matt would be able to make an argument in court.

more stupid things have happened in real life, you know. things that are so stupid that it could come off as seriously offensive to a lot of people. tell me, why exactly would everyone come off as stupid if one of the Spider-Men take off their mask, and it's Tobey/Andrew? With that as one piece of evidence, I think Matt would be able to make an argument in court.

Purely because you would have to believe that would be enough for everyone to completely forget after and no one will ever suspect peter again. even when he isn't around and spider-man is. the whole experience won't be remembered and peter can go back to his life as spider-man.

Purely because you would have to believe that would be enough for everyone to completely forget after and no one will ever suspect peter again. even when he isn't around and spider-man is. the whole experience won't be remembered and peter can go back to his life as spider-man.
hasn't the whole "Peter Parker is the prime suspect of Spider-Man" been done before? I remember it happening at least in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

I think Peter being cleared by one of the alternate Spider-Men posing as him is likely myself. Like others have said, it aint like the average person in the Marvel Universe knows Andrew Garfield or Tobey exist, and at a distance they can look similar enough.

Personally i think it has to be something more drastic to fix the problem. this idea that all you need for everyone to give up any suspicion on him is to just show someone else in a spider-man suit just seems kinda easy of a fix.

And this is from a film series where MJ worked out he was spider-man very easily and the Vulture also put 2 + 2 together and worked it out.

Personally i think it has to be something more drastic to fix the problem. this idea that all you need for everyone to give up any suspicion on him is to just show someone else in a spider-man suit just seems kinda easy of a fix.

And this is from a film series where MJ worked out he was spider-man very easily and the Vulture also put 2 + 2 together and worked it out.

Agree. If people see 3 Spider-Men battling the Sinister Six and only one takes his mask off, that doesn't suddenly exonerate the other two. It's like if there are a group of masked bank robbers and someone denies being involved. Then to prove he wasn't he points to the fact that one of the other bank robbers was unmasked and says "see, that wasn't me!" What about the others that are still masked?

Why? Peter has used this trick in comics before. One example being having Daredevil act as Spider-Man to clear his name. It is an obvious solution to the problem. Is it realistic? Maybe not. But this is a world with sorcerers, a dude who has unlimited money and can blow up 43 multi billion dollar suits and not be broke, a dude coming back from the 40s, etc. This is an eccentric universe and this is the exactly the type of comedy and shenigans that has been the tone of this Spider-Man series

I agree with @Spider-Fan . I don't see it as an "easy" fix, I think it is good storytelling actually. The fact that there are Peter Parkers in alternate universes who are completely different people and somehow get involved with the MCU to draw attention away from its Peter Parker is a convenient but very interesting way to get MCU Peter off.

MJ and the Vulture had direct ties to Peter. We are talking about the general public here. As far as I know, there are no Riddler-type villains in Spider-Man's rogue gallery who is obsessed with finding out who he really is.
Agree. If people see 3 Spider-Men battling the Sinister Six and only one takes his mask off, that doesn't suddenly exonerate the other two. It's like if there are a group of masked bank robbers and someone denies being involved. Then to prove he wasn't he points to the fact that one of the other bank robbers was unmasked and says "see, that wasn't me!" What about the others that are still masked?
okay, well then maybe the full fight with three Spider-Men won't be public, but at some point during the fight with Dr. Strange present, one villain is attacking Tom Holland, Tobey goes to save him and Strange from another angle opens a portal bringing Tobey and that villain into a public space. They resume fighting there and there at some point Tobey takes the mask off. This way the public stays ignorant of the multiverse.

Why? Peter has used this trick in comics before. One example being having Daredevil act as Spider-Man to clear his name. It is an obvious solution to the problem. Is it realistic? Maybe not. But this is a world with sorcerers, a dude who has unlimited money and can blow up 43 multi billion dollar suits and not be broke, a dude coming back from the 40s, etc. This is an eccentric universe and this is the exactly the type of comedy and shenigans that has been the tone of this Spider-Man series

It just sounds messy.

It just sounds messy.

Yeah, I don't see the complaint here amigo. Last movie literally had Peter leaving the trip every 5 seconds, a student noticing and point it out to everyone, and everyone forgot because MJ made him look like a creeper. Despite him having absolutely valid points. If this was a more grounded or more super serious version of Spider-Man, then maybe this would be too silly. But for MCU Spider-Man.....this sounds exactly like the kind of gag the MCU strives for.

MJ and the Vulture had direct ties to Peter. We are talking about the general public here..

But there are many people who have ties to him. What about those people? is it really gonna be that easy to sweep under the rug? it feels too big to suddenly be able to get back to his normal life afterwards. back to being spider-man and everyone just kinda forgetting these events ever happened.

And using the excuse that the comics did it. doesn't make it any less silly. Sure Marvel and Sony could do it. still is abit cheap.

Id more likely believe Dr Strange will have some involvement in making the world forget.

As far as I know, there are no Riddler-type villains in Spider-Man's rogue gallery who is obsessed with finding out who he really is

Well in the MCU there has only been 2 villains from his rogue gallery and they both knew who he was anyway.

Yeah, I don't see the complaint here amigo. Last movie literally had Peter leaving the trip every 5 seconds, a student noticing and point it out to everyone, and everyone forgot because MJ made him look like a creeper. Despite him having absolutely valid points. If this was a more grounded or more super serious version of Spider-Man, then maybe this would be too silly. But for MCU Spider-Man.....this sounds exactly like the kind of gag the MCU strives for.

And there was me thinking fans hoped they would improve on that. not double down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"