Superman Returns *OFFICIAL* Superman Returns Noob question thread.

I'm not a noob, but I don't seem to remember the running time of the movie...Can anyone help me?

Mr. Socko said:
Is Lex Lufa going to wear a wig?

No, the first script had a scene with Luthor discussing wigs. Singer took it out because it was in the third act and was messing with the darker stage of teh film.

Guy Dyas said that the scene is no longer in the film and Luthor does not wear a wig in the film.

There is still a scene on the monopoly board with Lex wearing a wig, if you are curious to what it might have been.

Mentok said:
No, the first script had a scene with Luthor discussing wigs. Singer took it out because it was in the third act and was messing with the darker stage of teh film.

Guy Dyas said that the scene is no longer in the film and Luthor does not wear a wig in the film.

BUT MORIARTY SAID...!!!!

Nivek said:
BUT MORIARTY SAID...!!!!

He read an early draft of the script. Singer removed the scene during production ;)

No more sticky love for the question thread :( :down

I can't say that it doesn't hurt. :(

Hey, a while back I heard there was going to be a nod to Batman with some newspaper headline reading "Giant Bat terrorizes Gotham" as a little "cameo" in one scene in the Planet, is this true? False? Speculated? Rumored? Anything?

From what I remember, it was part of the set detail at the Daily Planet. I'm not certain if it will make its way into the movie.

Can I tell you something about the costume?

Now its obivious that in that shot of Brandon reading the paper of Lois' article thats its after he returns but before he goes back to Krypton. The picture there is the SR one. So he has been wearing it before the 5-6 year gap.

So that means one thing: the SR suit, in this series of films, is the primery suit. He never wore the other suit before hand.

Ok we know supes gets stabbed with Kryptonite...

so once it's removed, won't he get his powers back?

Why does Jor-El need sacrifice himself to reinstate his powers?

about the wig thing: its weird that everyone is saying that he won't wear one at some point in the film. there's that interview with parker posey on comicscontinuum.com she talks about how lex is obsessed wigs and her character isn't evil...and there's that interview with the writers that says there is one scene with lex in a wig and how everyone thought he looked like russel crowe.

Seems like he'll wear a wig for disguises.

Also, I've been thinking about this for a while about the reused sequence in Donner's Superman II vs the hospital scene we know vs the spoilers of what happens afterwards: Most likely, Singer would've done something new that would tie in to something old.

He wouldn't really rip off something from Richard Donner whom he met and is the husband of the wife that produces the X-Men movies, even something that he, as a Superman fan, would even mean something to him to preserve.

So I would very doubt he would rip off this sequence.

Ehm , maybe this is something you guys might be interested.

Now we know that singer said the budget was somewhere around 180 million.
But read this : http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060515k.php

One of the most difficult things to ween out of any filmmaker or studio is a film's budget. More often than not they generally underestimate the amount by a good 20-30%, and of course it almost always never includes development costs or marketing/publicity expenses - an amount which can be as high as the film itself.

This past weekend though, The Wall Street Journal surprised everyone with a breakdown of some Summer movie budgets for the newest club on the block, the $200+ million epic. Amongst their estimates:

"Spider-Man 3" - $250-$300 million
"Superman Returns" - $261 million
"King Kong" - $250 million
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" - approaching $225 million
"X-Men: The Last Stand" - $210 million

How they got the numbers remains unsure but for the most part they do seem rather spot on with the word through the grapevine rather than the on the record statements.

Officially X3 cost $165m, Kong cost $207m, and Superman has drawn conflicting amounts ranging from $190m to $250m. In Superman's case its not sure whether that amount includes the $45-65 million in development costs accumulated over nearly ten years before Bryan Singer came onboard.

Also, Spider-Man 3 is still shooting so there's no telling how much higher it will go, whilst Pirates is being worked on to the last minute and may climb further. Pirates will be balanced though with the third film which will obviously re-use much of the elements from the second one and save on costs - by how much though is uncertain.

Mentok said:

the wig scene was long enough in the script that they filmed this wig scene.

so we will have a deleted scene with lex and the wig.
looking at teh pic of lex with the wig.....i can not see how could this scene hurt the dark parts of the movie.i guess it contained campy acting of spacey and funny lines.

Binker said:
Can I tell you something about the costume?

Now its obivious that in that shot of Brandon reading the paper of Lois' article thats its after he returns but before he goes back to Krypton. The picture there is the SR one. So he has been wearing it before the 5-6 year gap.

So that means one thing: the SR suit, in this series of films, is the primery suit. He never wore the other suit before hand.
i am very happy that you know that now. this is old news but its ok. :up::)

there was no reeve suit. only the SR suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"