1408: What The Hell Happened?!

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Samuel L. Jackson has checked into 1408, the Dimension Films adaptation of the Stephen King short story. Variety says that shooting begins in the summer.

Mikael Håfström (Derailed) will direct and John Cusack stars as a debunker of paranormal occurrences who encounters real terror when he checks into the notorious Room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel.

Matt Greenberg wrote the original script and Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski did the rewrite. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is producing.

The short story was originally published in the collection "Everything's Eventual."

Jackson, who'll next be seen starring in Snakes on a Plane and Black Snake Moan, will integrate the co-starring role into an already busy 2006 schedule. He's currently in production on the Irwin Winkler-directed Home of the Brave, then joins Josh Hartnett in the Rod Lurie-helmed drama Resurrecting the Champ. He also narrated the Bob Saget-directed documentary spoof Farce of the Penguins

And I thought John Cusack was going to make this movie great,but now with Sam Jackson in it too,this movie will be amazing.

Given that this is an adaptation of a Stephen King book, isn't this supposed to suck?

thealiasman2000 said:
Given that this is an adaptation of a Stephen King book, isn't this supposed to suck?

^Maybe they have learned to make the movies more like the books,because "Desperation" is turning out pretty good I hear.

Let's hope so, but w/ Sam it's either Hit: Jackpot, or Miss: terribly awful. Surprisingly, he's one of the few who can do a bad film and still have a career.

Let's hope this one turns out great; on a sidenote, I thought Cusack was great in Identity and Runaway Jury, so there's reason for optimism.

Alpha and Omega said:
Let's hope so, but w/ Sam it's either Hit: Jackpot, or Miss: terribly awful. Surprisingly, he's one of the few who can do a bad film and still have a career.

Let's hope this one turns out great; on a sidenote, I thought Cusack was great in Identity and Runaway Jury, so there's reason for optimism.

^Very true.

Galactus said:
Samuel L. Jackson has checked into 1408, the Dimension Films adaptation of the Stephen King short story. Variety says that shooting begins in the summer.

Mikael Håfström (Derailed) will direct and John Cusack stars as a debunker of paranormal occurrences who encounters real terror when he checks into the notorious Room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel.

Matt Greenberg wrote the original script and Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski did the rewrite. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura is producing.

The short story was originally published in the collection "Everything's Eventual."

Jackson, who'll next be seen starring in Snakes on a Plane and Black Snake Moan, will integrate the co-starring role into an already busy 2006 schedule. He's currently in production on the Irwin Winkler-directed Home of the Brave, then joins Josh Hartnett in the Rod Lurie-helmed drama Resurrecting the Champ. He also narrated the Bob Saget-directed documentary spoof Farce of the Penguins

This reminds me of Harlan Ellison's commentary on the 80's Twilight Zone DVD episode Grandma, I bought the only Stephen King story where nothing happens! I hope the movie is great.

What's happening with Afro Samurai? A SOAP, Black Snake Moan, Afro Samurai Sam Jackson exploitation trifecta is just what cinema needs right now.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/758/758770p1.html

1408 Late, King can Wait
Cusack-SLJ thriller now opens in December.
by Paul Davidson

79760;0.6936120742907793

US, January 26, 2007 - 1408, a supernatural thriller starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson, has been rescheduled from its original May opening to December 13th (alas, that's a Thursday the 13th, not a Friday). The film is based on a short story by Stephen King about a skeptical writer and debunker of the paranormal who spends a night in a haunted hotel room.

According to an interview with Stephen King fansite Lilja's Library, King himself, while obviously interested in the success of 1408, is not concerned about the delay, nor the film in general. Plenty of his other books and stories have made it to the silver screen, with both hits and misses among them, and he's prepared to approach the latest thriller as a fan rather than an author.

"1408 is done and the trailer is terrific and… it looks like The Shining only hot instead of cold, so maybe it'll be a great movie… John Cusack's in it and I love him as an actor. I respect him very much. Samuel L. Jackson is the hotel manager. He looks terrific and the hotel looks terrific … so maybe it's [going to be] a success and that's terrific."

And if the film is not a success?

"I'm not concerned about [whether the film will do well] at all. …Suppose it's junk. Then it's gone in two weeks."

Watch IGN Movies for the latest on 1408 and other upcoming Stephen King movies!

Trailer looks good, a little been there done that, but still good.

WOW:wow: i love the look of that movie:hyper:Cusak is looking really odd in it and Sam just brings the presence plus the story seems intriguing,cool visuals as well:up:

Can't wait. Reminds me of alot of haunted hotel stories, King and the writers definitely did their research- it's usually A room in a hotel that's haunted. I really love Steven King movies and etc. The feel of the movie is going to be very eerie, even from the trailer there's a sense of awkward paranoia in "what the hell is going on here?" (specifically noted- the police being in the room already!).

It looks like a really awesome movie, great leads. It opens on my birthday, too. :yay:

I've had it with these mother****ing ghosts on this mother****ing hotel!!! :cmad:

Looks good. :o:up:

^Optimutt Prime...LMAO!
Great avvy DL:woot:

Trailer was really good. The part with the reflection in the window made me jump a bit.

I don't care to see horror movies, but I want to see this one. The trailer did it's job on me.

The Shining part 2! Crazy ****. Looks good.

I want to see this trailer in the theater. See if anybody jumps.

so in how many movies will jackson be in 2007?

Um yeah, this is one I can't wait to see. :wow:
I had earphones on up loud and almost jumped out of my freakin chair at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"