1408: What The Hell Happened?!

what are you talking about? I was saying that both films are really good maybe it's because john cusack stars in both.

Well I finally saw 1408.

First let me say Identity was a terrible, horrid cliche of a movie that ironically, Adaptation predicted before its inception.

However, 1408 is one of the best horror movies I have seen in years. It doesn't rely on gore, blood or many cheap scares (though they use the guy with the hammer twice, but it works). It is just a really good psychological story that while not incredibly scary, is creepy and gripping. As the story progressed I became more and more immeresed into this man's journey and when he loses his daughter AGAIN it is just so sad and well played with the radio ****ing with him.

Just a really good movie and I think Cusack gave one of his best performances as he essientially carries this movie on his shoulders the entire time and it works. However, I have to say my favorite bit was Samuel L. Jackson's deliciously build up/exposition scene where he and Cusack have great chemistry and build this give and take that works. I love the ending.

The director cut ending is better.

Nice to see you like 1408, but how could you say that you hate identity that movie was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"