World 1992 cartoon series VS X-Men: Evolution

I still love TAS more than Evo!! It was the first time comic fans go to see their favorite characters come to life. The characters were all at their right ages, and the storylines were amazing. Evolution seemed like the movie version as a cartoon. I didn't like the characters so young and in high school, because we had to watch them develop into their powers for so long while Storm and Wolverine were in the background a lot!!! Cyclops wasn't that good of a leader as he was in TAS. The best thing I liked about Evolution was Scarlet Witch!!! TAS had more heart and better episodes than Evolution. Evolution only had better animation and character development!!

Out of 4 seasons, Evolution had 2 1/2 great ones. The show ended with a huge bang.

The only thing that it has in common with the movies is that it is different than the comics. Thats all. :confused:

I think people give TAS way too much credit. Sure it was the first X-Men cartoon series, but that doesn't mean it is as amazing as you guys say it is. Most of you were too young to notice all the flaws it had, anyway.

JP said:
Out of 4 seasons, Evolution had 2 1/2 great ones. The show ended with a huge bang.

The only thing that it has in common with the movies is that it is different than the comics. Thats all. :confused:

I think people give TAS way too much credit. Sure it was the first X-Men cartoon series, but that doesn't mean it is as amazing as you guys say it is. Most of you were too young to notice all the flaws it had, anyway.
Definately not. Going back and watching TAS now, Evolution has the superior animation and story telling. The only thing TAS has is that it's a lot more faithful to the comics.

Personally, I didn't mind even the earlier seasons of Evolution. Sure, they were slow, but the fact the characters had all been established so well early on with the less exciting stories is what allowed them to come into their own in the later seasons for the bigger stories.

Avalanche said:
Definately not. Going back and watching TAS now, Evolution has the superior animation and story telling. The only thing TAS has is that it's a lot more faithful to the comics.

Personally, I didn't mind even the earlier seasons of Evolution. Sure, they were slow, but the fact the characters had all been established so well early on with the less exciting stories is what allowed them to come into their own in the later seasons for the bigger stories.

Yeah, I agree.

Avalanche said:

Well what do you expect,one has like 10 years on the other.

TAS for everything except Mystique.Its a tie when it comes to the Rogues,and Moira never appeared in Evolution.

JP said:
Evolution had superior character development. An all around better voice cast. Original and good stories. Better animation. And more time was put into it.

Evolutions biggest flaw was that it started out very shakey. By the second season, it really came into its own and it was awesome.

TAS just had one flaw too many for my liking.

Evo had weaker stories.Also Storm and Wolverine lacked sufficient character development.Spyke was a big mistake,and the early storylines seemed to be targeted at 8 year olds who wouldnt notice the inconsistencies,and lack of sufficient resolution.The show got better once they wer outed though.

Abaddon said:
Evo had weaker stories.Also Storm and Wolverine lacked sufficient character development.Spyke was a big mistake,and the early storylines seemed to be targeted at 8 year olds who wouldnt notice the inconsistencies,and lack of sufficient resolution.The show got better once they wer outed though.

Storms character in Evolution was no different than in TAS. In each show she had only 1 or 2 story lines devoted to her. As for Wolverine, well the fact that he wasn't a major player can be seen as a good thing to some. More focus on other characters than on Wolverine all the time. Something TAS had a habbit of doing.

I totally dissagree about Evo having weaker stories. The storylines were all well developed and actually made sence. Best of all, they were charcter driven. TAS tryed to cram entire comic arcs into 3 episodes at a time.

JP said:
Storms character in Evolution was no different than in TAS. In each show she had only 1 or 2 story lines devoted to her. As for Wolverine, well the fact that he wasn't a major player can be seen as a good thing to some. More focus on other characters than on Wolverine all the time. Something TAS had a habbit of doing.

No,Storm rarely got play in Evolution.At best she showed up to complain about Evan.Either that or she'd pop up and make a wind or something.Wolverine despite being underdeveloped still had an obligatory episode devoted to him each season,which was usually unwatchable.

Abaddon said:
No,Storm rarely got play in Evolution.At best she showed up to complain about Evan.Either that or she'd pop up and make a wind or something.Wolverine despite being underdeveloped still had an obligatory episode devoted to him each season,which was usually unwatchable.

But that was done by reason. Xavier, Beast, Storm and Logan were the teachers, while the rest of the cast were the students. Their stories weren't as important as that of Cyclops, Jean and Rogue.

I myself enjoyed all of Logans storylines in Evolution. From his rivalry with Sabretooth, to his history with Captain America. Even when X-23 was introduced. It was a lot less unwatchable then TAS, what with it's shaddy animation and terrible voice acting.

The voice acting was fine on TAS.And Wolverines rivalry with Sabretooth was never given explanation so it came off hollow.X-23 was a Mary Sue.

Abaddon said:
The voice acting was fine on TAS.And Wolverines rivalry with Sabretooth was never given explanation so it came off hollow.X-23 was a Mary Sue.

The voice acting on TAS was anything but fine. Storms voice was just terrible, and the lines they made her say didn't help it. Jean sounded like an over dramatic soap opera actress. Xaviers voice was just whiney. Even characters like Gambit and Cyclops, who I thought had pretty decent voices, still had bad voice acting. The only good voice in that whole show was Beast.

Abaddon said:

What are you talking about?Wolvie and Sabes rel'p in TAS had more explanation than in EVO.

GNR4Life said:
What are you talking about?Wolvie and Sabes rel'p in TAS had more explanation than in EVO.

what are you talking about?Thats what I was saying.:confused:

I was happy they didn't make Evolution into Wolverine and his X-friends. He still got a lot of screen time, and he wouldnt have worked as a student anyway.

GNR4Life said:
Well what do you expect,one has like 10 years on the other.

there are better cartoons from the early 90's though. Batman TAS is so much better for example.

TAS was ok but like Cyke said, when I watch the Batman Animated series, it just has much less moments where I'm cringing. The dialouge was the worst part...it just was handled really badly most of the time. Especially storm as Cyke noted...aghh, still loved it though, but I'd have to say BAS was the best Animated series I've seen out there. If you watch it, it still holds up today. Heck it'll always hold up, they just had great voice acting in that. I mean, can you get any more perfect then Hammil as the Joker? Or Conroy as Bats? When I watch reruns of the old x-men...I can definatley tell it's older.

JP said:
The voice acting on TAS was anything but fine. Storms voice was just terrible, and the lines they made her say didn't help it. Jean sounded like an over dramatic soap opera actress. Xaviers voice was just whiney. Even characters like Gambit and Cyclops, who I thought had pretty decent voices, still had bad voice acting. The only good voice in that whole show was Beast.

ditto. I loved Beasts voice, it just seemed perfect. And Wolverine's seemed to suit him, though they made him more like the 70's wolverine in that show. He was always the guy that would rush into a fight and get swatted away, then Cyclops would walk in ala superman style and just blast away the badguy, that always annoyed me.

JP said:
Xaviers voice was just whiney.
Xavier's voice spoilt many an episode in TAS for me. He had the most infuriating voice.

I liked the voices in TAS. Except for Storm. Wolverine, Beast and Rogue were really well done. Wolverine sounded like he had cancer in his troath but hs voice was bad ass. I just love Rogue's voice. Gambit's voice was smooth as hell but sometimes he sounded like ******. I have never heard him refer to himself in the 3rd person in the comics so why would he do that in the cartoon?

Could anyone say which are the mutant names of the students of the school in X-men Evo?

They are:

Amara
Bobby: Iceman
Jubilee
Jamie Madrox: Multiple man
Rahne: Wolfsbane
Robert
Ray
Sam
Tab

X-Men: the Animated Series (1992), across the God damn board.

It was pretty disappointing when I saw a cartoon that could be enjoyed by both kids and grown-ups when I was a kid only to be followed up by a flat-out kid's show when I grew up. Where's the reward in that for becoming a fan?

:wolverine

I remember getting up early on saterday to watch cartoons. X-men tas always was great and like most shows on fox kept you awake. But I also remember getting up on saterdays to watch EVO and it was on at like 10:30 11 and I would fall back asleep dang that show was so slow and boring.

Angamb said:
Could anyone say which are the mutant names of the students of the school in X-men Evo?

They are:

Amara
Bobby: Iceman
Jubilee
Jamie Madrox: Multiple man
Rahne: Wolfsbane
Robert
Ray
Sam
Tab

Amara - Magma
Bobby - Iceman