20 Years After Chernobyl (Content Warning)

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
An event to which some highly point to as a major stepping stone to the fall of the Soviet Union, Chernobyl was remember this week on MSN.com

WARNING: Events and photos within this report are highly graphic...discretion is advised.
http://todayspictures.slate.com/inmotion/essay_chernobyl?GT1=8019

Make sure to review the WHOLE thing, especially Chernobyl Legacy
CHERNOBYL_002.jpg

I saw those pictures yesterday, they are heartbreaking.:(
The images are burned in my brain now, i'm still shock knowing that there's a kid living with it's brain outside the skull.

Duende Verde said:
I saw those pictures yesterday, they are heartbreaking.:(
The images are burned in my brain now, i'm still shock knowing that there's a kid living with it's brain outside the skull.
Saw that...I think I am more shocked by the giant butt kid and the kid with the weird long legs.

I read the timeline of how the "accident" ocurred, it almost sounds like the plot of a really bad B movie, but i actually happened.
They ignored a lot of safety issues and warnings just go foward with experiment.
At the end, the guy in charge was covered in radiation and had to be buried in a lead coffin!!!:eek:

Duende Verde said:
I read the timeline of how the "accident" ocurred, it almost sounds like the plot of a really bad B movie, but i actually happened.
They ignored a lot of safety issues and warnings just go foward with experiment.
At the end, the guy in charge was covered in radiation and had to be buried in a lead coffin!!!:eek:
Yep and the Soviet Government did not release the reactor blew for three whole days...then they released some small article buried in page 10 acting like it was nothing, held a parade in an irradiated area. That Soviet Government was so inept back then, not much better now I am afraid.

Whoever did the layout for that site was an idiot. Deadly obnoxious.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Whoever did the layout for that site was an idiot. Deadly obnoxious.
I did not think so:confused: how so...I found it very easy to navigate.

I didn't say it was difficult, just obnoxious.
Anyway, yes, those kids are f***ed up, the U.S.S.R. was f***ed up.

ShadowBoxing said:
Saw that...I think I am more shocked by the giant butt kid and the kid with the weird long legs.

That wasn't his butt, it was more like a flesh fannypack that's holding his kidneys.

I have to get ready for class so I couldn't watch all of it, but I watched about half....that was so sad :( :( I can't imagine having to take care of those children.

Duende Verde said:
That wasn't his butt, it was more like a flesh fannypack that's holding his kidneys.

yeah, now there's no ****ing way I'm seeing this.

Duende Verde said:
Thats a more apt description I suppose.

maybe I'm just lazy... but I fixed it anyway. :(

The worst... damn, that sucks so much. Damn radiation. These pictures are almost unbelievable...

Chernobyl%20Disaster%203.jpg

Chernobyl%20Disaster%201.jpg

Slipknot said:
The worst... damn, that sucks so much. Damn radiation. These pictures are almost unbelievable...

Chernobyl%20Disaster%203.jpg

Chernobyl%20Disaster%201.jpg
Yeah it really is something. I hope those politicians who didn't mention a thing about the incident for a full week can see this:mad: :(

This is unbelievable. What's worse is that I've never even heard of this incident.

I'm disappointed.

There are no three breasted women. :(

War Lord said:
I'm disappointed.

There are no three breasted women. :(
Leave it you to make a tasteless joke in light of a tragedy.

Stewie Griffin said:
Leave it you to make a tasteless joke in light of a tragedy.

Just doing me job, oh perpetually long face.

War Lord said:
Just doing me job, oh perpetually long face.

**** off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"