• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

20 Years After Chernobyl (Content Warning)

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
An event to which some highly point to as a major stepping stone to the fall of the Soviet Union, Chernobyl was remember this week on MSN.com

WARNING: Events and photos within this report are highly graphic...discretion is advised.
http://todayspictures.slate.com/inmotion/essay_chernobyl?GT1=8019

Make sure to review the WHOLE thing, especially Chernobyl Legacy
CHERNOBYL_002.jpg

I saw those pictures yesterday, they are heartbreaking.:(
The images are burned in my brain now, i'm still shock knowing that there's a kid living with it's brain outside the skull.

Duende Verde said:
I saw those pictures yesterday, they are heartbreaking.:(
The images are burned in my brain now, i'm still shock knowing that there's a kid living with it's brain outside the skull.
Saw that...I think I am more shocked by the giant butt kid and the kid with the weird long legs.

I read the timeline of how the "accident" ocurred, it almost sounds like the plot of a really bad B movie, but i actually happened.
They ignored a lot of safety issues and warnings just go foward with experiment.
At the end, the guy in charge was covered in radiation and had to be buried in a lead coffin!!!:eek:

Duende Verde said:
I read the timeline of how the "accident" ocurred, it almost sounds like the plot of a really bad B movie, but i actually happened.
They ignored a lot of safety issues and warnings just go foward with experiment.
At the end, the guy in charge was covered in radiation and had to be buried in a lead coffin!!!:eek:
Yep and the Soviet Government did not release the reactor blew for three whole days...then they released some small article buried in page 10 acting like it was nothing, held a parade in an irradiated area. That Soviet Government was so inept back then, not much better now I am afraid.

Whoever did the layout for that site was an idiot. Deadly obnoxious.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Whoever did the layout for that site was an idiot. Deadly obnoxious.
I did not think so:confused: how so...I found it very easy to navigate.

I didn't say it was difficult, just obnoxious.
Anyway, yes, those kids are f***ed up, the U.S.S.R. was f***ed up.

ShadowBoxing said:
Saw that...I think I am more shocked by the giant butt kid and the kid with the weird long legs.

That wasn't his butt, it was more like a flesh fannypack that's holding his kidneys.

I have to get ready for class so I couldn't watch all of it, but I watched about half....that was so sad :( :( I can't imagine having to take care of those children.

Duende Verde said:
That wasn't his butt, it was more like a flesh fannypack that's holding his kidneys.

yeah, now there's no ****ing way I'm seeing this.

Duende Verde said:
Thats a more apt description I suppose.

maybe I'm just lazy... but I fixed it anyway. :(

The worst... damn, that sucks so much. Damn radiation. These pictures are almost unbelievable...

Chernobyl%20Disaster%203.jpg

Chernobyl%20Disaster%201.jpg

Slipknot said:
The worst... damn, that sucks so much. Damn radiation. These pictures are almost unbelievable...

Chernobyl%20Disaster%203.jpg

Chernobyl%20Disaster%201.jpg
Yeah it really is something. I hope those politicians who didn't mention a thing about the incident for a full week can see this:mad: :(

This is unbelievable. What's worse is that I've never even heard of this incident.

I'm disappointed.

There are no three breasted women. :(

War Lord said:
I'm disappointed.

There are no three breasted women. :(
Leave it you to make a tasteless joke in light of a tragedy.

Stewie Griffin said:
Leave it you to make a tasteless joke in light of a tragedy.

Just doing me job, oh perpetually long face.

War Lord said:
Just doing me job, oh perpetually long face.

**** off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"