2007.....a look!

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
So this year is expected to be an exciting one as far as movies go. But so far has 2007 for movies disappointed you so far? Has it been great for you? Lets take a look at what we had so far and my thoughts on them.

JAN-

Smokin Aces-I was looking forward to Aces. I was let down big time. I was expecting a movie about all these different groups causing mayhem with a Taratino edge to it. God I was so wrong. We got action, but not much. Now it's been reported that there will be a direct to dvd prequel. Wow can't wait :dry:

Alpha Dog-Better then what I thought it would be. I thought it was entertaining. Did Justin suck? He did for most part. He did alright when
the kid was about be shot

Epic Movie-I was kinda hoping this would be a good one, like so bad it would be good. But it was just plain bad.

FEB-

Hannibal Rising-I haven't seen it but I heard no buzz and heard negative things.

Ghost Rider-Kinda fun in parts. But a HUGE let down for me.

Reno 911-Not bad. Some jokes were great some fell flat for me.

The Number 23-Another film I have not seen. I want to see it, but like Rising I heard negative things.

MARCH-

300-I really liked 300. Slow at the start but lead into great battle scenes. I saw it twice and I did enjoy it both times.

TMNT-I love TMNT. The animation was amazing. Had a dark but not too dark tone to it.

Blades Of Glory-I thought it was alright....Heder should drop the acting gig.

Zodaic-It was just released here last week. Still have to check it out.

Wild Hogs-Wild s***

APRIL

Are We Done Yet?-I hope so

Perfect Strangers-Not as bad as I thought, but not great.

Hot Fuzz-Good movie. Not as good as Shaun Of The Dead.

Pathfinder-...........:dry:

Grindhouse-Has not been release yet. I really want to see it. From the buzz people seemed to love Planet Terror, but not so much Death Proof.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force-****, still has not been released here yet. I really want to see it.

MAY

Spider-Man 3-Loved it. Venom was a HUGE let down though.

28 Weeks Later-Didn't like it at all.

Now if I'm not adding films on the list it's because they have not been released here yet.

So far 2007 has been a disappointed for me. I'm not looking forward to POTC 3 because I hated the second one and read that the elements I hated from the second are present in the third.

Bring on Transformers:woot:

Best movies released in Sweden so far:

The Departed
Pan's Labyrinth
Children of Men
The Illusionist

And I'm amazed how a $258 million movie about my favourite superhero could turn out to be the most boring movie I've seen in a long time...

300 has been the only great movie this year imo. Ghost Rider and Spiderman 3 we're pretty big disappoinments for me.

At World's End, Die Hard or Live Free, Transformers, and AVP 2 are the films I'm looking forward too the most.

I've seen 2 so far:

Hot Fuzz - Butt****ing awesome flick, probably even better than Shaun.
The Prestige - Great flick to, can't wait to see it again to really understand it.

I've seen lots of movies this year in theaters, but most of them have been 2006 (or older) films. So the only 2007 flicks are:

Ghost Rider. Didn't really wait nothing from this. The trailers brought my hype little bit up, but nah. It wasn't really good. 2/5

Grindhouse. I had really high hopes for this. First comes Machete trailer! Woohoo! Rocked! Then comes Planet Terror! Woofckinghoo! More trailers: Woohoo! Death Proof: Well, okay. Ending was the best. 4/5

300. This is technically a 2006 movie, but because it got it's wide release in 2007 everywhere I inculed it here. Trailer was awesome. Haven't read the comic at that time. I waited. It was like Commando meets Braveheart. Not bad, but not as good as the trailer. 3/5

Smokin' Aces
. This looked too cool to pass. I have only two complaints about this one: 1. not enough action 2. the ending was odd. 3½/5

Spider-Man 3. I lost faith in this movie long ago. But I still thought maybe it'll be good. Nah. 2/5.

Sunshine. I've always liked Danny Boyle and scifi. Sure the it looked awful lot like 2001/Event Horizon/Sphere/etc. in the trailers, but it was still a good ride! 3/5

V2 - Jäätynyt enkeli. A sequel to Finnish hit action movie. I don't get it how I was dragged to see this. 1/5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"