(2011) Dick of the Year!

this is a place to nominate posters, and have fun.

if you have an issue with a poster, don't derail the threads with back and forth arguments. they're not wanted, nor are they required.

if you have an issue with someone, talk to them via pm. or better yet, be mature and responsible and if you can't say something nice...

Marx, Dragonator actually invited me (through PM) to come here & get flamed. So yeah, I think my colleagues from the Avengers forum don't really understand the intended purpose for this thread. But again, its nice to see them all together here at full force. These guys aren't usually worried about infractions for flaming, but even so, I guess they saw this as the very definition of safe haven.

They would be mistaken. This thread is not a safe haven.

For the record, I've never run off a poster, intelligent or not. I have the influence of a newt on this site, a newt who has the least amount of influence compared to other newts.

I know that Erz. Trust me. I'm just saying that the award has evolved from its original purpose.
I'm actually amazed it was included last year with the PG Hype. :woot:

I understand the evolution, it's just a hard disconnect for me to go from "most disliked/worst poster" to the "Scoundrel" of SHH.

Perhaps the title of the award needs to change. Most Notorious?

Aren't these "awards" just for ****s and giggles at the end of the day? I think people are taking them a wee bit too serious. Seriously.

Spoken like someone who's never been an "It Boy". :o

This is serious business.

vintage-classic-computers-13.jpg

Spoken like someone who's never been an "It Boy". :o

This is serious business.

we're a pair of ITs you and I

:highfive:

has anyone ever won a title two years in a row?

tumblr_krsqyhJzid1qa7z5do1_500.jpg

2006 under Jake's Awards and 2007. :o

Perhaps the title of the award needs to change. Most Notorious?

It needs to be changed or done away with. It's just an excuse for bad behavior.

no yall don't :huh:

eh, I thought that was pretty obvious I was joking around there, in actual fact, I can't think of any guy who qualifies for the 'It Boy' title, I can think of one woman who qualifies for the It Girl title, but I don't wanna vote for her, she doesn't need an award to know where she stands.
just as I don't need noms or an award for validation.

sometimes it's hard to tell when you're kidding or not

Well, it didn't matter with that comment really, it was a pretty harmless gag, on the other hand, you have a poster coming in here boasting about winning the title two times in a row and insinuating that I am not a likeable person.
Now, to me, that is not the actions of someone who is exceptional in any way, that to me is just average, expected egocentric behaviour, of the type that my gag was parodying.

anyway, there has been enough nastiness and arguing in this thread, so I'm not gonna say anymore, it appears that these awards can bring out a lot of feuding that goes on all the time round here.

I don't see where I insinuated that you weren't likable anywhere. :huh:

Secondly, you're just figuring that egocentric behavior about me just now? :huh x 1,000

You do know what the word 'insinuate' means Erzangel, and this is what you said in your reply to me when talking about the 'it boy' award...of course, it is within the boundaries of insinuation, and therefore deniable...

Well you have to have charisma too. And what's the word I'm looking for....oh....likable.

...but that's ok, you may like to follow me around on the boards making this that and the next comment, but that's ok, i can see why you do it, what else have you got to do with your life?
Anyway, we're not friends, and we never will be, so follow me around, comment on my posts, blah de blah, you don't register with me, you're nothing to do with my life.
So, y'know knock yourself out with that, I'm sure it makes you feel very important. Who am i to deny you one of the only pleasures in your life?

Last edited:
Hahahaha. I totally blanked on writing that. :o

Anyway, I was just ribbing you a bit. It wasn't malicious.

And no offense, I don't think many people "follow" you around the board looking for what you are going to say next. I post in Community, this is an extension of Community. You've been here a whole year, you should know I'm somewhat of an active poster here.

If you feel, I'm following you and need to comment on your posts, I think you have the issue of feeling self importance. Especially since you have a long list of people you have ignore, who I'm sure you figure most of them are following you too.

So just add me to your ignore, so we can avoid this little song and dance in the future or you don't have to do that and just don't respond to my posts.

:huh:

No, there are only a couple of people who actively follow my posts to comment right behind them, you being one of them.
Most of the people I have put on my ignore list are just so possessed of bitterness and hate, that it brings down the experience of going on the boards, so I ignore them.
and sure, I have an important job in my real life, but my life is no more important than anyone else's. But, a lot of other people spend a helluva lot of time focusing on me when they are on the boards, believe me, i would rather it were not the case, but there it is.

Anyway, as said, there has been enough feuding going on in here, best not to say anymore. Take it easy.

When you post in the relationship thread, where I'm a a staple in, the chances are high that I'll respond to you. :huh:

But since, you seem to think that everyone is following you, it just seems funny that you accuse yet another poster of the same exact thing. Weird.

I just think you should loosen up your grip on this little obsession you are developing with me Erzengel, it doesn't bother me, but I just don't think it's healthy. Whatever you think I am, it's probably very different from the reality.
You type up this that and the next thing, always trying to find little angles to engage me in a to and fro, you're still doing it here, but man, it's just not healthy, I dunno, I think you must have collected just about every Star Wars statue out there, and now you're going after the real thing.

Ok, now I've left an opening for you, so you can make some kind of Star Wars related remarkhamill, knock yourself out. haha

I don't know if you are trying to be funny. It's a little hard for the rest of us because most times we can't tell if you are making a joke because it comes off as weird or just not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"