(2011) Hype-Time Achievement!

Does Franklin get his infractions re-set as a past winner of the award..?

THIS!

At least in June when I reach ten years. :D

I'll nominate JewHob since he asked. And because of his nice comic book binding.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Wait, Anubis has been here since 2002? :huh:

Anubis has done a wonderful job campaigning, I see. But in the end, Anubis' impact on the Hype is minimal. There are far more deserving candidates. Kipobe, Jewhob, C. Lee, and even Erzengel spring to mind (and I don't even like Erz all that much). But there is one person who stands out above all else. The fact that this person does not have a Hype-Time Achievement Award is a black mark on the history of the Hype (for which I have been around for the entirety of). While I thank Jewhob for the nomination, this person deserves it more than I as well. This is the person who broke the glass ceiling of the Hype so to speak. Therefore I humbly nominate and encourage others to support the Empress of the Hype:

Dew K. Mosi.

Dew's impact on shaping the culture of the Hype cannot be understated. She was our first female moderator and was crucial in building the Community forum. It saddens me to think that the Hype-Time Achievement Award is merely a popularity contest based on who is relevant at the time. I know most of you weren't here for Dew's prime and real life has sunk it's claws into her in recent years, but that does not marginalize her impact on this site. I encourage all of you to look back upon Hype history and rather than vote for your friend, vote for the person who is for all intents and purposes, the founding mother of this message board. Vote Dew.

Right back at ya. :up:

But I do appreciate the nod.

:up: I may not dig you, but you have certainly had an influence on the Hype and I believe that is what this award should recognize, rather than simply acknowledging who is popular this year.

I gotta go with C. Lee or Dew K. Mosi.

Also I'm assuming Marx is using the same policy that I used?

Previous winners, TMOB, the Lizard, Aunt Petunia/Franklin Richards & Hunter Rider are not eligible?

Doc, Dew and Erz have all been big parts of the Hype, all would make a good winner.

Also I'm assuming Marx is using the same policy that I used?

Previous winners, TMOB, the Lizard, Aunt Petunia/Franklin Richards & Hunter Rider are not eligible?

You're absolutely right Erz. Previous winners for this award are not eligible to win it again.

Anubis has done a wonderful job campaigning, I see. But in the end, Anubis' impact on the Hype is minimal. There are far more deserving candidates. Kipobe, Jewhob, C. Lee, and even Erzengel spring to mind (and I don't even like Erz all that much). But there is one person who stands out above all else. The fact that this person does not have a Hype-Time Achievement Award is a black mark on the history of the Hype (for which I have been around for the entirety of). While I thank Jewhob for the nomination, this person deserves it more than I as well. This is the person who broke the glass ceiling of the Hype so to speak. Therefore I humbly nominate and encourage others to support the Empress of the Hype:

Dew K. Mosi.

Dew's impact on shaping the culture of the Hype cannot be understated. She was our first female moderator and was crucial in building the Community forum. It saddens me to think that the Hype-Time Achievement Award is merely a popularity contest based on who is relevant at the time. I know most of you weren't here for Dew's prime and real life has sunk it's claws into her in recent years, but that does not marginalize her impact on this site. I encourage all of you to look back upon Hype history and rather than vote for your friend, vote for the person who is for all intents and purposes, the founding mother of this message board. Vote Dew.

I agree with almost everything. Last year was hardly a popularity contest. Well, maybe Hunter Rider...

MAYBE.

:D

...and of course I support my Empress.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I'll throw a nomination Dew's way. It can even replace my nom for Matt since no one else seems to like him :D

Well, I haven't seen her around...but you say she's here...this is tough, but...

C.LEE.

Dew K. Mosi.

I agree, with no disrespect to Anubisof course. I'm basing this purely off my experiences since I joined, which is why I voted for C. Lee. I don't really know much about Dew's prime, but I know that C. Lee has an impact here. Even though I am voting for C. Lee. I think that your nomination speech for Dew is very noble, and well done, and I commend you for nominating Dew.

I agree, with no disrespect to Anubisof course. I'm basing this purely off my experiences since I joined, which is why I voted for C. Lee. I don't really know much about Dew's prime, but I know that C. Lee has an impact here. Even though I am voting for C. Lee. I think that your nomination speech for Dew is very noble, and well done, and I commend you for nominating Dew.

:up: Dew deserves it, but Doc would also be a great choice.

And I too would like to express that I mean no disrespect for Anubis. Virtually any other category and I would give him consideration, but this one implies a certain impact on the Hype that I just don't see from him, at least not with the other candidates out there.

Geez, I'd vote for Dew if everyone drops that whole "Empress" crap. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"