2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: You got Spur'd. - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what makes you think Durrant would leave OKC?

It would honestly make me sad if Durant and Westbrook ever split up. Even if they aren't always clicking together in game they seem like such great friends and teammates. Especially in Durants MVP presser, the way he talked about the relationship, you can never separate those two. It'd be great to see them both in OKC for their careers lol. They can be todays Stockton and Malone.

Fellas, fellas.....someone once said "Things in the past should be left in the past".

Wise words to live by. I can't remember who said it, I think it was Shia LaBeouf maybe...? :o

Well, Allen did go from the Celtics to the Heat, so, guess he left things in the past. :o

$$$ talks.

plus people said the same thing about LeBron with Cleveland back then so...anything can happen.

LeBron didn't leave Cleveland for money though, so theyre kind of different situations.

Even if Rose is healthy, he'll never be the same player he once was. He's just like Wade.

Some people said the same about AP. If Rose stays healthy and I'm talking a couple of Months, not 10 games. Then I could see him getting back somewhere close to where he was. He's still young and got time left in his prime.

Kevin Durant will play for his ex-teammate
Fisher in NY atleast I hope so :yay:

Lance Stephenson signs 3 year deal with the Hornets.

LeBron didn't leave Cleveland for money though, so theyre kind of different situations.

I'm quite aware but both my points weren't related. No one would've thought LeBron would leave Cleveland and it happened. If the Heat still have a competitive team with Bosh living up to his contract then Durant would probably come here where he would have a better supporting cast, especially if we can attract a solid C in 2016 as well.

Literally every team with cap space thinks they have a shot at Durant in 2016. I don't see why Miami would be the favorites to sign him over anyone else.

Literally every team with cap space thinks they have a shot at Durant in 2016. I don't see why Miami would be the favorites to sign him over anyone else.

-class organization
-proven championship contenders
-FO that delivers on promises
-owner that cares about winning
-strong family/professional culture
-no state tax
-south beach

If Bosh is still productive and our young players start improving then I don't see why it wouldn't be a great destination.

Dios mio, 2016 FA already? :doh:

^ I just said I'm excited for the future and hope we get KD in 2016, I'm more worried about this season coming up :p

It's hardly just you... or this thread. Talk of who's going where or who's pushing for who is steadily coming about. The Wizards hired one of Durant's HS coaches and it's drawing all attention FFS.

I'm quite aware but both my points weren't related. No one would've thought LeBron would leave Cleveland and it happened. If the Heat still have a competitive team with Bosh living up to his contract then Durant would probably come here where he would have a better supporting cast, especially if we can attract a solid C in 2016 as well.

What??? :huh::huh::huh:

Everyone was talking about LeBron leaving for years before he finally did.

What??? :huh::huh::huh:

Everyone was talking about LeBron leaving for years before he finally did.

People talk about players leaving all the time, but who would've actually seen a home town kid leave his team??

Either way, doesn't matter, things change and Miami is prime for a big 2016 offseason.

Durant won't leave OKC because his mommy will tell him he's not allowed. :o

He'd make more money in okc anyway. Nobody else can offer him as much. If he goes anywhere, I doubt it'll be Miami. Especially if Pat Riley retires.

I can't see Durant going anywhere. I think with this new age of social media and 24/7 news coverage (along with these younger players having extremely thin skin) it's gonna be increasingly difficult for sensitive guys drafted to small market teams to jump ship.

I mean, KD couldn't take one newspaper headline that criticized him, how in the world would he be able to deal with the constant scrutiny of playing in a large, media driven market? And if he's not going to switch to a bigger market, it makes little sense to go to a similar situation that he already has...

People talk about players leaving all the time, but who would've actually seen a home town kid leave his team??

Either way, doesn't matter, things change and Miami is prime for a big 2016 offseason.

A lot of people.

-----

In other news, I sure am glad the Magic signed Luke Ridnour. Wow, Ben Gordon, Channing Frye, and now Ridnour... this isn't going to be a long and frustrating season in the least bit.

I see Westbrook going to LA and Durant staying with Ibaka...I dont think Durant leaves

James Jones signs with Cleveland. I see what they're doing there.

I know this isn't directly NBA related but... am I the only one that thinks that, outside of a couple jokes, Drake was horrible in his opening for the ESPY's tonight?

The numbers for Melo's new contract have been released:

Y1 - 22.4M
Y2 - 22.8M
Y3 - 24.5M
Y4 - 26.2M
Y5 (the opt in year) - 27.9M

Right now, the Knicks are going into the 2015 offseason with 38.4M in salary attached. That probably leaves them at about 30M in space depending on what the cap is determined to be.

The numbers for Melo's new contract have been released:

Y1 - 22.4M
Y2 - 22.8M
Y3 - 24.5M
Y4 - 26.2M
Y5 (the opt in year) - 27.9M

Right now, the Knicks are going into the 2015 offseason with 38.4M in salary attached. That probably leaves them at about 30M in space depending on what the cap is determined to be.

and they gave him a no trade clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back