2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs will win their 5th title Thursday night.

That really disgusted me. I lived in Miami up until a couple months ago and I can tell you there are so many bandwagoners who don't really care about basketball it's pathetic. Than goodness the team isn't like the fans.

ESPN is killing me with how Lebron took over. Never mind the Spurs choked. Lebron has been subpar these Finals and if the Heat win, Miller should be the MVP. This is why people dislike the Heat because ESPMZ covers them to the extreme and Lebron can do no wrong. Even Skip Bayless, who's a notorious Lebron "hater" kills him with how unstoppable he is.

I dont even think Spurs can win...It would have to be an anomaly for them to pull this out. They must be dejected

Btw, as that Deadspin article proves...The Heat fans especially Darthphere knows why I piss on Miami fans so much. What a joke, like seriously. The game was still within somewhat of a reach.

Front-runners a large percentage of them.

Damian Lillard @Dame_Lillard about 1 hour ago
When ray Allen hit that 3... In my head I said "Jesus saves" ... Very true

Carl Landry @CarlLandry about 1 hour ago
Thought my boy T-Mac was gonna get a RING tonight lol #NBAFinals

Metta World Peace @MettaWorldPeace about 1 hour ago
I'm changing my name in August to Jesus Shuttlesworth

Metta World Peace @MettaWorldPeace about 1 hour ago
I'm purchasing mike millers shoe and lebrons headband for 1.754 million

Greivis Vasquez @greivisvasquez about 1 hour ago
Best game of the year!! El mejor juego del año..

Damian Lillard @Dame_Lillard about 1 hour ago
32 , 11ast , 10rebs... And a huuuuge win. But I bet I will see a lot of Lebron hate tonight.

Mark Cuban @mcuban 1 hour ago
Hate to say this, but this game felt like the Rangers in the World Series

Chase Budinger @CBudinger 1 hour ago
This is why free throws are so important! U see games where you win and lose from them. Practice your free throws kids

Jared Dudley @JaredDudley619 about 2 hours ago
Can they play game 7 right now?!!!!!!!! I can't get enough!!!!

Jeremy Lin @JLin7 about 2 hours ago
Wow that was a classic...isnt basketball the best???

Jamal Crawford @JCrossover about 2 hours ago
Bron took it over. Wow

Ben Gordon @BenGordon8 about 2 hours ago
That's about as close as you can get to an NBA Championship

Ekpe Udoh @EkpeUdoh about 2 hours ago
Spurs just lost the championship. Won't win game 7

Jerry Stackhouse @jerrystackhouse about 2 hours ago
One of the best games ever! #finals

Leandrinho Barbosa @TheBlur_Barbosa about 2 hours ago
That game is so tough mentally!!

Metta World Peace @MettaWorldPeace 18 Jun
Jesus!! What a great life!! U give me tv excitement!!! The damn NBA..wow!!!!

Mr. Dent said:
If you're talking about refball I don't even want to hear it. The Spurs were getting all the calls in their favor for the first 48 minutes of this game. Honestly we deserved to win the game after coming back like that.

:o

No, calm yourself.

It's because the Spurs had the championship in their hands and then they let it get snatched away. If one of the missed free throws were made, it would have sealed the victory. If Coach Pop would have just called the timeout, there was a huge chance it would have went into double OT. San Antonio f***ed it all up.

I dont even think Spurs can win...It would have to be an anomaly for them to pull this out. They must be dejected

Btw, as that Deadspin article proves...The Heat fans especially Darthphere knows why I piss on Miami fans so much. What a joke, like seriously. The game was still within somewhat of a reach.

Front-runners a large percentage of them.

Good god, it was a small portion of a 20,000 seat stadium. That lower bowl is full of rich entitled non basketball fans to begin with. The upperdeck is where the on time die hard true fans are..

ESPN is killing me with how Lebron took over. Never mind the Spurs choked. Lebron has been subpar these Finals and if the Heat win, Miller should be the MVP. This is why people dislike the Heat because ESPMZ covers them to the extreme and Lebron can do no wrong. Even Skip Bayless, who's a notorious Lebron "hater" kills him with how unstoppable he is.
I wonder if you'd be *****ing as much if it was Jordan's Bulls living in this time. :whatever:

No matter how much you hate it, they've earned all the coverage. These boys are literally making history this season we'll be talking about 20 years from now.

Good god, it was a small portion of a 20,000 seat stadium. That lower bowl is full of rich entitled non basketball fans to begin with. The upperdeck is where the on time die hard true fans are..

I wonder if you'd be *****ing as much if it was Jordan's Bulls living in this time. :whatever:

No matter how much you hate it, they've earned all the coverage. These boys are literally making history this season we'll be talking about 20 years from now.
Both of you are wasting your time trying to penetrate that orange and blue hide with anything resembling rational thinking. Just laugh.

Wilbon also said the some of the crowd began bad mouthing LeBron around the time he missed those clutch shot attempts and degrading Bosh throughout the game.

Alot of these Miami fans are beyond a joke with no knowledge or respect for the game. The Heat deserve better...That is rational thinking.

Both of you are wasting your time trying to penetrate that orange and blue hide with anything resembling rational thinking. Just laugh.

You guys dodged a bullet when you didn't play us. We killed you all year. There's always next year. :dry:

Over 2,000 fans left and police needed to ushered into prevents fans from coming back in because the Heat security staff couldnt hold them off

Wilbon also said the some of the crowd began bad mouthing LeBron around the time he missed those clutch shot attempts and degrading Bosh throughout the game.

Alot of these Miami fans are beyond a joke with no knowledge or respect for the game. The Heat deserve better...That is rational thinking.

I'd say most. If you watched some of the Heat games during the year, the arena is barely full. They have to go on the road to sell out. When it comes to the Heat, you are either a "fan" of them or you hate them with a passion. Guess what category I fall into and honestly, I can't even tell you why. :huh:

You guys dodged a bullet when you didn't play us. We killed you all year. There's always next year. :dry:

We got alot of work to do...There is no second option on this team, we are quickly becoming "one of those teams" where if they only had another star who played and wasnt either a flop as a player or injured. For example: Amare

>killed us all year
>beat us once after a hurricane destroyed NY and none of the Heat wanted to play
>barely beat our bench and needed Melo to drop 50 to do it down the stretch

31285009.jpg

We would have destroyed you in the playoffs. You'd have been lucky for it to get to 6 and not be 5 game route just like last year. I remember you talk **** about beating the Pacers too while everyone was trying to tell you they'd destroy you. The Knicks suck, your roster doesn't fit and it's an AARP squad. Fans like you is why the Knicks can get away with being mediocre for the past two decades.

We got alot of work to do...There is no second option on this team, we are quickly becoming "one of those teams" where if they only had another star who played and wasnt either a flop as a player or injured. For example: Amare

I say trade Chandler, draft a big man who can actually score in the post, draft a foreign stretch four, which allows Melo to move back to the three if he can actually get into shape because he is not a four, move Shumpert back to the two, and get a pg on the market. Felton got torched this year and something just isn't there with him. That small ball is fool's gold as I've been saying all year and it caught up with them in the playoffs.

I'd say most. If you watched some of the Heat games during the year, the arena is barely full. They have to go on the road to sell out. When it comes to the Heat, you are either a "fan" of them or you hate them with a passion. Guess what category I fall into and honestly, I can't even tell you why. :huh:
All our home games were sold out this year and we had 3d highest attendance in the league. Please stop you have no idea about anything you post in this thread.

>killed us all year
>beat us once after a hurricane destroyed NY and none of the Heat wanted to play
>barely beat our bench and needed Melo to drop 50 to do it down the stretch

31285009.jpg

We would have destroyed you in the playoffs. You'd have been lucky for it to get to 6 and not be 5 game route just like last year. I remember you talk **** about beating the Pacers too while everyone was trying to tell you they'd destroy you. The Knicks suck, your roster doesn't fit and it's an AARP squad. Fans like you is why the Knicks can get away with being mediocre for the past two decades.

What the hell are you talking about? The Knicks beat the Heat 3 out of 4 times fair and square. Using the hurricane as a excuse is idiotic.

I love how this turned into Miami vs NY lol.

The wins vs the Heat were fun......but in June, when the Knicks season is over and the Heat are in the Finals, I'm not gonna really crow about it. They were great at the time, ego boosters for sure, but back in the day when the Knicks won reg season games vs the Bulls I wasn't saying s**t as Jordan and Co. racked up 6 championships. If the Heat win, you got to tip your hat and move on. I'm rooting for the Spurs though and they crushed my dreams back in 99. :(

As for Miami fans, yeah, clearly most are front runners and when the Heat go back to the tough times down the line, they'll be nowhere to be found. But here in NY, it's no different. I mean, there were always celebs eating up all the courtside seats but even with other teams like the Yankees, Giants and Jets it's not a very hardcore fan friendly environment. Tickets and parking are expensive as all hell, the stadiums are built like tourist attractions and no one stays in their seat. The most loyal of fans stay at home. I haven't been to a Yankee game in 3 years, a Giants game in 2 and a Knicks game since Reggie Miller's last game at the Garden (a night I'll never forget and I'm kinda proud to say I was there, applauding and showing respect for him).

I love how this turned into Miami vs NY lol.

The wins vs the Heat were fun......but in June, when the Knicks season is over and the Heat are in the Finals, I'm not gonna really crow about it. They were great at the time, ego boosters for sure, but back in the day when the Knicks won reg season games vs the Bulls I wasn't saying s**t as Jordan and Co. racked up 6 championships. If the Heat win, you got to tip your hat and move on. I'm rooting for the Spurs though and they crushed my dreams back in 99. :(

As for Miami fans, yeah, clearly most are front runners and when the Heat go back to the tough times down the line, they'll be nowhere to be found. But here in NY, it's no different. I mean, there were always celebs eating up all the courtside seats but even with other teams like the Yankees, Giants and Jets it's not a very hardcore fan friendly environment. Tickets and parking are expensive as all hell, the stadiums are built like tourist attractions and no one stays in their seat. The most loyal of fans stay at home. I haven't been to a Yankee game in 3 years, a Giants game in 2 and a Knicks game since Reggie Miller's last game at the Garden (a night I'll never forget and I'm kinda proud to say I was there, applauding and showing respect for him).

Yeah it really isnt about the Knicks here...And just because we are critical of the Heat fanbase dont mean its because we are Knicks fans.

Yankees stadium/Citi Field are so freaking expensive that its tough to go see them 81 times a game and its not a pretty sight to see those empty seats right behind the ump.

Forget all that...Lets talk Spurs/Heat.

What do the Spurs need to do to win Game 7? I'd have to think that Danny Green, Neal and more importantly Manu have to show up.

Will Pop feel the pressure or will he learn from his game 6 errors?

I can't for the life of me seeing Pop screw up G7 as much as he did G6. I think if they can hit shots, minimize turnovers and slow down Wade and Bosh on the defensive end forcing Lebron to do it alone, they can win.

I think the Heat are going to win. I just don't see the Spurs taking momentum back. I think anything they had left is just drained from them after last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"