2019 Hype Awards General Discussion

Spider-Fan

SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion
Staff member
Reaction score
JCtj9CH.png

Hey guys, looks like I will be hosting this thing this year. Be gentle! It's my first time :o

First, I would like to thank Kane for our amazing 2018 Hype Awards banner! His work really is second to none :up:

I am going to be posting nomination threads starting today/tonight (whenever I get time throughout the day basically). I want to try and get them all posted, but I may not have them all up until tomorrow. For this year, I am thinking we're going back to the ballot system. I don't think I have to worry about a PM box being full anymore, so I see no issues there. Also, I like drama in my awards shows :o

I know we are behind at this point, so I am thinking I will take nominations once posted until January 4th. That will at least give us 2 weeks of nominations. If you guys want to do 3 weeks instead and take nominations until January 11th, that's fine, too.

Once nominations are closed, I will post a ballot in here. Instructions are simple once it is available: copy the ballot posted in here and then send it to me in a message with your winners specified on the ballot.

Ceremony will be Saturday, January 19th. I am off on Saturdays and Sundays, so this just works best for me. That also will give everyone about 2 weeks if we run until the 4th to get ballots back to me.

Oh, and when nominating remember: don't be that guy who votes for yourself. It's a total party foul :o

So all that said, let the discussion begin!!!!

Last edited:
Post reserved for winners list

Categories:

2018 Vartha Award
@flickchick85
@Spider-Fan

2018 It Boy of the Year

@Iceman

2018 It Girl of the Year

@flickchick85

2018 Writer of the Year

@flickchick85

2018 Political Poster of the Year

@KRYPTON INC.
@Schlosser85

2018 Banned Member of the Year

@djKiDDvIcIOUs

2018 Smartest Poster of the Year

@Kahran Ramsus

2018 Funniest Poster of the Year

@Pink Ranger

2018 New Comer of the Year

@THORin

2018 Most Helpful Poster of the Year

@C. Lee

2018 TV Poster of the Year

@Sawyer

2018 Thread of the Year

-Lounge of Justice

2018 Superhero Poster of the Year

@Spider-Fan

2018 Moderator of the Year

@Spider-Fan

2018 Sports Poster of the Year

@Hunter Rider
@Themanofbat

2018 Most Improved Poster of the Year

@Spider-Aziz

2018 Misc Movies Poster of the Year

@Blitzkrieg

2018 Games Poster of the Year

@Iceman
@X Knight

2018 Community Poster of the Year

@terry78

2018 Comics Poster of the Year

@Milk Tray Guy

2018 Rivalry of the Year

-The Hype vs Xenforo Layout

2018 Pair of the Year

@flickchick85 & @Reek

2018 Artist of the Year

@RetrogradeOrbit

2018 Hypertime Achievement Award
-Committee Active:
@flickchick85
-Committee Retired: @Toven & @Daisy
-Popular: @Iceman

2018 DCEU Poster of the Year

@harlequinade

2018 MCU Poster of the Year

@Spider-Fan

2018 Sony's Spider-Verse Poster of the Year

@Infinity9999x

2018 Poster of the Year

@Spider-Fan

Last edited:
I posted several threads. I will post a bunch more tonight.

I actually think I got all the various threads posted now. That was quicker than I thought it would take!

I will be updating each thread as much as I can with a nominees list that will also rank by how many nomination votes they have tallied.

In future years I would like a category for the best poster for individual movie boards, at least the ones with movies that came out that year or are just about to come out. A lot of activity obviously takes place on those boards and they were probably the main original attraction for most posters when they joined the Hype.

I mean, I just posted the current threads today. So this is something I can still totally do if there is demand. Now, would something like this work:

Best MCU Poster (encompassing all 3 MCU films)
Best Spider-Man Poster (Venom/Spider-Verse)
Best DCEU Poster (Aquaman)

If so, I can make these 3 new categories easily. Or if someone has a better idea, open to suggestion.

I mean, I just posted the current threads today. So this is something I can still totally do if there is demand. Now, would something like this work:

Best MCU Poster (encompassing all 3 MCU films)
Best Spider-Man Poster (Venom/Spider-Verse)
Best DCEU Poster (Aquaman)

If so, I can make these 3 new categories easily. Or if someone has a better idea, open to suggestion.
Sounds great. :up:

I'm okay with it :up:

I will make those later. We'll keep the existing Superhero forum poster award, as well.

I'm okay with it :up:

I will make those later. We'll keep the existing Superhero forum poster award, as well.
Great, thanks.

One other thing, is there an equivalent of the Hype’s Best Picture award for best overall poster for the year? I see It Girl/Boy more to do with edginess/naughtiness than overall..greatness. :funny:

Also the Vartha award I see as the nice guy/gal award for poster who best personifies Vartha's attributes. I see that as slightly different too. But I agree with the intro to that thread that it was a great award designed by @Spider-Aziz and I hope it becomes a permanent addition.

Last edited:
If there was a section for “Most annoying thread creator” I’m pretty sure I’d walk away with it... :D

Also the Vartha award I see as the nice guy/gal award for poster who best personifies Vartha's attributes. I see that as slightly different too. But I agree with the intro to that thread that it was a great award designed by @Spider-Aziz and I hope it becomes a permanent addition.

I can tell you that if I continue hosting this event, it shall be a mainstay :up:

Great, thanks.

One other thing, is there an equivalent of the Hype’s Best Picture award for best overall poster for the year? I see It Girl/Boy more to do with edginess/naughtiness than overall..greatness. :funny:

I think traditionally, we always equated Best Picture to Best Thread in the past. But I am not sure how accurate that is now, especially since that thread has zero attention so far, LOL!

I think traditionally, we always equated Best Picture to Best Thread in the past. But I am not sure how accurate that is now, especially since that thread has zero attention so far, LOL!
There should be a main event poster award that is the last one of the night to build up to like that IMO. I guess it would be more like Best Director lol.

Also the addition of the "@" with the new forum code has made nominating much better this year as people who get nominated can get an alert and know that someone has recognised their excellent work.

I can tell you that if I continue hosting this event, it shall be a mainstay :up:
Great to know . I think it needs to be written into Hype law that this award can never be removed. Keep Vartha's legacy alive and continually motivate posters to behave in the way that he did.

There should be a main event poster award that is the last one of the night to build up to like that IMO. I guess it would be more like Best Director lol.

Also the addition of the "@" with the new forum code has made nominating much better this year as people who get nominated can get an alert and know that someone has recognised their excellent work.

I am not against this. If we got the support, we can make it happen :up:

Great to know . I think it needs to be written into Hype law that this award can never be removed. Keep Vartha's legacy alive and continually motivate posters to behave in the way that he did.

I am in complete agreement :up:

I apologize to anyone irked by all the threads I posted in a few forums, but they are sticky threads that cannot support replies just to put out awareness for the Awards. Included in the threads in the targetted forums are direct links to the nomination thread to the correlating forum. I figured it was the best way to make people who don't come into this neck of the woods often aware so your voices could be heard as well. But the threads cannot support replies, so if you're watching those forums, you'll only get that notification once.

But that all said, I love the activity so far!!! Keep it up guys. On a personal note, I don't think I have ever received this many nominations in any prior Hype Awards, so I will just say I love you guys and thank you :hrt:

I apologize to anyone irked by all the threads I posted in a few forums, but they are sticky threads that cannot support replies just to put out awareness for the Awards. Included in the threads in the targetted forums are direct links to the nomination thread to the correlating forum. I figured it was the best way to make people who don't come into this neck of the woods often aware so your voices could be heard as well. But the threads cannot support replies, so if you're watching those forums, you'll only get that notification once.

But that all said, I love the activity so far!!! Keep it up guys. On a personal note, I don't think I have ever received this many nominations in any prior Hype Awards, so I will just say I love you guys and thank you :hrt:
I think those announcements were a good idea and it means that it's probably a good idea that a mod host these awards going forward, or at least help whoever is hosting them. I really like attracting attention for particular forum awards within that forum.

And you are totally overdue for awards dude. I don't know where you were a few years ago but you have been lighting up all the best threads with top posts since your comeback. I would vote you overall top Hype poster of 2018, just ahead of @flickchick85. (I would have voted for Hunter on that many years straight, but he's unfortunately less active these days). I think overall recognition, beyond category by category awards is important, and that's the reason I was asking to get an overall award included. I'm surprised there isn't already one as you usually get something like that at awards ceremonies.

I was actually thinking of having that category (2018 Poster of the Year)...but with the possible twist of making it all write in candidates to enhance the chaos lol :devil: So basically, just have the category left blank for you to decide (only you cannot vote for yourself...obviously, LOL)

But if we want to do a nomination thread like the other awards, we can make this happen!

Last edited:
if you're keeping track of votes, are you still planning on doing a ballot too? or is votes = nominations?

also, nice work on the banner Kane8675309 :up:

There will be a ballot with the most nominated people within a specific thread making the official ballot list (and a Write-In option included in each category). I haven't decided on a number for the max amount of nominees, though.

I was thinking of making Poster of the Year special though and have that just be decided by whoever you Write-In on the ballot. That way, no one has any idea who is going to win that one!!!

I will be posting the official ballot once the nomination period ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"