2018 New Comer of the Year

How does this work anyway? Where do you nominate people etc? Is there like a poll?

How does this work anyway? Where do you nominate people etc? Is there like a poll?

Just post the names of the poster(s) you'd like to nominate in the appropriate thread. :yay:

I can't believe I haven't done this already, but I nominate @THORin for the following reasons:
  • He's a Cate Blanchett fan
  • He has a Tolkien quote in his sig
  • His username is a character in The Hobbit (awesome), and also has the name Thor (awesome) in it
  • He's super friendly
All of these things make him more than worthy of this illustrious award. :thor:

Just post the names of the poster(s) you'd like to nominate in the appropriate thread. :yay:

I can't believe I haven't done this already, but I nominate @THORin for the following reasons:
  • His username is a character in The Hobbit (awesome), and also has the name Thor (awesome) in it
  • He's super friendly
Thor, Tolkien and Cate. The Holy Trinity/Golden Triangle. Fin is the leader of our cult. :cool:

:funny:

Ice, what did we discuss about not mentioning the cult to outsiders? :nono:
These aren't outsiders, they are potential recruits from the best of the Hype! I will take a blood sacrifice and carry out trials of worthiness and commitment (usually first-born) before putting any of them in front of you.

These aren't outsiders, they are potential recruits from the best of the Hype! I will take a blood sacrifice and carry out trials of worthiness and commitment (usually first-born) before putting any of them in front of you.

:lmao:

giphy.gif

If I don't get a chance to say it later, Happy New Year to all you crazy cats, especially my deputy cult leader and second in command, @Iceman. :chd:

@geosphere
There are threads here The 2017 SuperHeroHype Awards! first we choose the nominees and the polls will be done once this stage ends :D

Actually, there is going to be a ballot system. That is how it was always done prior to last year, I think. So once nominations end, I am going to be posting the official ballot, which you will send to me filled out in a PM :)

My issue with the poll system is you guys know who won the award in advance. Where is the suspense/fun in that?

• He's super friendly
Can you nominate more than one person?

This award is a bit unfair on new guys who joined halfway through December with hardly any time to make an impression before the awards.

@frankgutz definitely deserves something for his Aquaman board blitz, and I expect could have won a Newcomer award next year if he had joined a month later. So I'll add a nomination for him here to show appreciation for how he has started his Hype career. :up:

in past years i think we used to allow the december users from the previous year to be eligible for this. Erz might be able to confirm or deny

in past years i think we used to allow the december users from the previous year to be eligible for this. Erz might be able to confirm or deny
Ah, makes sense. Cool.

Some great late contenders here who have made an impression in a matter of mere days! Hopefully they can keep posting like they have and stay at the Hype for the long haul. :up: I would also like to add @Hannah Panana

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"