3 Body Problem

That trailer was fantastic

Looks like the social media embargo is lifted

Last edited:
collider: 'Game of Thrones' Creators Successfully Adapt Your Next Favorite Sci-Fi Binge

variety: Netflix’s ‘3 Body Problem’ Cements ‘Game of Thrones’ Creators as Masters of Adapting the Unadaptable

rollingstone: ‘3 Body Problem’ Is One Great Big Miss: 'Game of Thrones' creator David Benioff and D.B. Weiss return to adapt an equally dense literary source — Cixin Liu's 'Remembrance of Earth's Past' — and fail to crack the code

hollywoodreporter: Netflix’s Ambitious Sci-Fi Adaptation Is More Serviceable Than Dazzling

rogerebert: Netflix Launches Ambitious, Engaging Adaptation of 3 Body Problem.

vulture: The creators have made several wise edits to make this track for television, though they’ve also expunged a lot of the novels’ most compelling cultural context and are hampered by a cast of young stars who, let’s say, do not elevate the material.

deadline: Intergalactic Drama From ‘Game Of Thrones’ Creators Proves More Pedestrian Than Epic, & That’s A Real Problem

thewrap: Netflix’s Lofty Sci-Fi Series From ‘Game of Thrones’ Showrunners Gets Off to a Lukewarm Start

inverse: Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Flattens a Singular Sci-Fi Saga. Liu Cixin's acclaimed sci-fi epic gets the event TV treatment, for better and for worse.

indiewire: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss’ Netflix Debut Is a Brutal Dud

Time: Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Transforms a Dense Sci-Fi Novel Into a Smart, Gripping Thriller

IGN Video: 3 Body Problem reworks Cixin Liu’s mammoth book trilogy for a wider audience to great success, though it may annoy some viewers with its far-out sci-fi and speed-of-light plot machinations.

slashfilm: One Of The Greatest Sci-Fi Novels Gets The Brazenly Nerdy Adaptation It Deserves

telegraph (contains spoilers): David Benioff and DB Weiss's sci-fi smash is an ambitious mess

RadioTimes: A bold swing and a big win for Netflix. A flawlessly executed high production sci-fi, with all the heart, mystery and thrill you could ever want.

pastemagazine: Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Is a Grandiose, Compelling Sci-Fi Yarn You Don’t Want to Miss

slantmagazine: A Concentrated Mass of Brainy Concepts and Characters. Despite some clunky characterization, the series is an ambitious and inventive piece of science fiction.

Decider: Netflix’s ‘3 Body Problem’ is Better Than It Ought to Be

businessinsider: If this were a spaceship, Netflix has succeeded in getting it into orbit — now all that remains is to see how it will hopefully be able to stick the reentry.

gamespot: Netflix's series adaptation of the story, 3 Body Problem, succeeds because it takes care to tighten the scope of that vast narrative, focusing on the human element of its mystery and the people caught up in its weird events.

polygan: 3 Body Problem is the kind of TV epic we need. Everyone wanted a Game of Thrones clone except the Game of Thrones showrunners, who did us one better.

tvguide: This Ambitious Sci-Fi Drama Doesn't Always Make Sense — But It's Undeniably Good TV. Adopts the complex novel into an entertaining Netflix series.

gamesradar: A solid sci-fi premise is weighed down by a clunky script

Looper: Existential Dread Never Looked This Good

themarysue: ‘3-Body Problem’ Puts a New Spin on a Renowned Book Series

thestreamr: '3 Body Problem' pushes the boundaries of the science fiction genre.

disappointmentmedia: Epic Sci-Fi Series Is Flawed but Impressively Ambitious

awardswatch : While remaining a visual splendor throughout with the visual effects, 3 Body Problem’s biggest issues are its narrative structure and how little attention was placed on the ending of the season.

consequence: Netflix’s 3 Body Problem Shoots for the Stars But Stays Depressingly Earthbound. loses its humanity amid all its sci-fi calculations

scmp: While not a slavishly faithful adaptation, the show captures the spirit of Liu’s writing, while setting in motion the unfeasibly grandiose space epic that is still to come.

tomsguide: Netflix's '3 Body Problem' is the best show of 2024 so far

toisto: 3 Body Problem is a grand and humane sci-fi epic that was worth the wait

geekvibesnation: Spectacular World Building. 3 Body Problem is worth watching because it engages the viewer through its storytelling on individual, group, and institutional levels.

moviepilot: Even if the tricky plot seems a bit aimless at times and sometimes forgets plot threads and characters, 3 Body Problem knows how to entertain as a thrilling sci-fi story that raises exciting questions of ethics and morality.

fictionhorizon: A Divisive Adaptation Strays from Its Roots

juannews: ‘3 Body Problem’ Has the Potential To Be Netflix’s New Flagship Series. Benioff, Weiss, and Woo prove that adapting the unadaptable is possible and you can improve on the original with 3 Body Problem.

Kind of getting Westworld vibes from the intro

I just watched the pilot and am still unsure if I want to watch the rest. It started strong but lost steam along the way. There are lots of MacGuffins and vaguely defined threats so far. Guess I'll give it some time and see if I feel like going back to it.

Probably in the minority, but I enjoyed it (granted I've only just read the 1st book recently, and it's not meant to be a 1 for 1 copy of the books) I thought it picked up quite a bit from episodes 5 onwards (Loved the Will storyline).

I haven't read the books, but I'm liking the show. Finished the fifth episode last night... brutal!

Just binged the entire season, and really enjoyed it. I havent read the books. Each episode definitely hooked me for the next so I could find out what was going to happen.
My biggest qualm is that I did not like the actress who played Auggie. She reminded me a bit of Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHIELD where its just obvious that she is acting...I am never able to accept her character as being real.

Finished the season. I really enjoyed it, especially the last few episodes that let the characters breathe. Fingers crossed for Season 2.

Finished the season. I really enjoyed it, especially the last few episodes that let the characters breathe. Fingers crossed for Season 2.
Pretty much how I felt, it felt like the later episodes is what D&D wanted to show what this show will be about.

Good stuff.
Btw, there is also a Chinese TV show done 2023 with more episodes.

Haven't read the books, just started watching, first few eps. definitely intrigued. I like the cast, concept, pace and every ep leaves me wanting to know more.
I'll be in it to the end.

Last edited:
somewhat more hopeful, about S2, but then again it is Netflix

Haven't read the books. Enjoyed the show. Here's hoping netflix gives it more seasons.

Just feels like Netflix are reluctant to renew it,

Just feels like Netflix are reluctant to renew it,
Maybe the people at Netflix were hoping for more hype, like Game of Thrones or even Wednesday. I guess it’s the number one show, but I'm not really seeing that on social media.

Is season 2 confirmed for this?

I like the look of this but am reluctant to start new Netflix shows these days as they cancel so many of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"