3 years between dc films

insideguy

Civilian
Reaction score
With batman superman pushed back to 2016 there will be three years between dc comics films. When was the last time this happened? Or is there another dc property that will be on film during this time? I dont need them to do like marvel and flood the market. But I kind of liked the once a year thing. This kind of sucks.

With batman superman pushed back to 2016 there will be three years between dc comics films. When was the last time this happened? Or is there another dc property that will be on film during this time? I dont need them to do like marvel and flood the market. But I kind of liked the once a year thing. This kind of sucks.

Well there was Nolan's Bat Trilogy: Batman Begins(2005) to The Dark Knight(2008)

Note that Superman Returns doesn't exist to some of us and we're very much in denial of the existence of that movie, much like people out there who deny the existence of the Star Wars Prequels. lol

Well there was Nolan's Bat Trilogy: Batman Begins(2005) to The Dark Knight(2008)

Note that Superman Returns doesn't exist to some of us and we're very much in denial of the existence of that movie, much like people out there who deny the existence of the Star Wars Prequels. lol

LOL yea superman returns does exist though:) And also technically stardust came out in 2007 which was a dc imprint. Stardust is pretty good by the way:)

Well it was 3 years between BB and TDK, the only DC movies I cared about at that time (which is the same thing to me as only getting those films), or 3 years between Watchmen and TDKR.

But I don't really think in terms of companies, as if a DC property being released next year would automatically make me happy. It depends which property it is.

Last edited:
The original X-men trilogy were 3 years between them.

So does Ironman 2 to Ironman 3 were 3 years apart.

Avengers 2012 to Avengers sequel 2015 are also 3 years.

3 years is a great time frame for sequels to be developed.

That is why I love Arrow. I can get my DC fix.

No doubt. I was just talking about other dc properties being done between that time.

Agreed, i think that 3 years is the best amount of time to build up hype, 4 is probably a little too much, when TDKR came out it felt like a lot of time had passed since the previous one, while Star Trek Into Darkness in a way failed because it had waited too long, and the hype generated by the reboot had already faded.

I don't know why SW is deviating from every three years. It should be 2015, 2018, and 2021, no ifs ands or buts. I think you absolutely have to wait 3 years though if they are doing two films back to back. That way, there is a better chance we get a JLA 2/3 in 2020/2021. Or if that's too expensive, they will probably proceed with spinoffs, but if we do get a JLA in 2017 and it is a hit, they will want at least one sequel down the line. Probably two films back to back.

Agreed, i think that 3 years is the best amount of time to build up hype, 4 is probably a little too much, when TDKR came out it felt like a lot of time had passed since the previous one, while Star Trek Into Darkness in a way failed because it had waited too long, and the hype generated by the reboot had already faded.

Again I think some of you might have misunderstood. I dont have a problem with 3 years between MOS and batman superman. Just making a comment about how it doesnt appear if any other film relating to DC is coming out in the meantime.

I really wish that they would do a animated adaptation of "Secret Origins" for Superman.

Good time to be a Marvel fan.

4 movies this year;
ASM 2
X: FC 2
GotG
Captain America 2

2 Movies next year;
FF reboot
Avenger 2

DC movies 2014;

DC movies 2015;

On the upside you get 3 DC animated movies a year.

DC is way too behind. Releasing one movie every three years is weak. Needs to be at least two for that amount of time.

If this isn't corrected, I will gladly sit back & watch the epic ass-whooping Marvel is gonna dish out.

It really is a drag when a property that was cultivated in a series format is spaced out like this. Given DC's track-record, it hasn't really improved the overall quality of the movies.

Look at Star Trek for instance. Four whole years in between the reboot and Into Darkness. Four years after the first episode of the original series, that show was cancelled.

People think it's a matter of fans wanting the movies to be rushed and it's not that at all. We could at least be getting two movies a year, & maybe three, but it seems like they were too busy having Goyer cram having a lot of ideas into one script.

They just need to keep working on S/B & figure out a plan in the process that is viable & doesn't revolve around releasing one project every two to four years.

No sane person denies the existance of the Star Wars prequels! :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"