Lounge 78

So, fortunately, my previous post about how my parents would react did not age well at all. :hehe:

Just finished having a family meeting with my brother, his wife and my sister there to support me coming out to my parents. My mom and dad were very accepting, understanding and supportive. They still don’t quite get what all of this trans stuff is and have a lot to process, but they’re taking steps in the right direction. They’ll get there eventually. :-)

So, fortunately, my previous post about how my parents would react did not age well at all. :hehe:

Just finished having a family meeting with my brother, his wife and my sister there to support me coming out to my parents. My mom and dad were very accepting, understanding and supportive. They still don’t quite get what all of this trans stuff is and have a lot to process, but they’re taking steps in the right direction. They’ll get there eventually. :-)
I'd like to think most parents love their children enough to accept even some hard things they may not like. I don't know what it would take for me to disown my daughter but it would have to be a LOT. It was this optimism that had me hoping your parents could handle what you had to say. I'm glad it worked out for you. :)

Happy Mother's Day

MjAxNC1kMjhmY2Q2MWU1ZjRiMjI4.png

This doesn't surprise me in the least. Parents can pleasantly surprise you. No matter their prejudices, they generally love their children, want them to be happy and will support them. In fact, I think you've done a great service to your parents by being honest with them. I think it quite likely they will modify their attitudes because of your courage. This is a benefit to all of us. I wish you luck and want you to know that you have the support of a lot of people who aren't in your social orbit.

I will advertise my RPG thread here in the lounge just this one time before I leave the rest to the whims of fate. The RPGs used to be really fun back when we had them here on the Hype, and could be again. I highly recommend giving it a shot if you're a creative nerdy type.

Very glad for you that it went well with your parents. A big step that you’ve taken and best of luck with everything. :up:

I know it's only Tuesday morning, but I'll post this early.......

I know it's only Tuesday morning, but I'll post this early.......

My sister was a little older than me and a huge fan so I listened to Days of Future Past a LOT....In Search of the Lost Chord also (which had VERY bizarre 60's artwork on the cover). Edge, Lodge, Pinder, Thomas, Hayward (not an original member as I recall, but a very talented guy). Actually, my favorite track was Nights in White Satin.....and it's even nighttime.... ;)

My sister was a little older than me and a huge fan so I listened to Days of Future Past a LOT....In Search of the Lost Chord also (which had VERY bizarre 60's artwork on the cover). Edge, Lodge, Pinder, Thomas, Hayward (not an original member as I recall, but a very talented guy). Actually, my favorite track was Nights in White Satin.....and it's even nighttime.... ;)

I was a big Moodies fan, even going back to when Denny Laine was singing, a very different sound than when Justin Heyward took over, but I loved both eras. :)

I listen to lots of different music....but I am particularly enamored of 60's and 70's stuff as well as stuff some consider off beat like OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW.

I just had my first job interview since the pandemic because of my anxiety of germs and no luck despite submitting my resume to many places in office environments.

It went really well actually, and they want me to start working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday next week. Really looking forward to utilizing my skills again! Will also be nice to get outside my house more often.

Bit of an unfortunate update for me. My week started off well, I loved interacting with everyone at the workplace, I took out staples, organized papers and other stuff. It felt like the first time in years where I didn’t feel useless due to my disability! Even worked proficiently today at a fast rate!

Unfortunately, I found out at the end of today that the workplace would be closing down in two years but they would start phasing out soon. They couldn’t hire me to work part-time, and eventually they’d have to tell other people who were in the program for 15-25 years.

I just felt a mix of emotions such as anger, sadness and confusion as the people who were helping me find a job found out the bad news yesterday but waited until the last minute to tell me. I couldn’t even speak or even look them in the eye.

Now, I have to keep searching for a job again. This ####### sucks as I haven’t had any luck despite submitting my resume to dozens of places.

Last edited:
Bit of an unfortunate update for me. My week started off well, I loved interacting with everyone at the workplace, I took out staples, organized papers and other stuff. It felt like the first time in years where I didn’t feel useless due to my disability! Even worked proficiently today at a fast rate!

Unfortunately, I found out at the end of today that the workplace would be closing down in two years but they would start phasing out soon. They couldn’t hire me to work part-time, and eventually they’d have to tell other people who were in the program for 15-25 years.

I just felt a mix of emotions such as anger, sadness and confusion as the people who were helping me find a job found out the bad news yesterday but waited until the last minute to tell me. I couldn’t even speak or even look them in the eye.

Now, I have to keep searching for a job again. This ####### sucks as I haven’t had any luck despite submitting my resume to dozens of places.
I don't get why they just hired you if they were going to let you go so soon. :( Kind of cruel.

I don't get why they just hired you if they were going to let you go so soon. :( Kind of cruel.

Felt like a really cruel joke was being played on me. I’m really angry right now, but at least I maintained my composure until I left the building.

Felt like a really cruel joke was being played on me. I’m really angry right now, but at least I maintained my composure until I left the building.
Hope you find something better soon. :(

I would have a heart to heart with the supervisor and ask for a letter of recommendation and any advice.

I went to the PGA Championship on Friday. I know that it is probably an incredibly unpopular opinion, but I really think that golf is the best sport to watch in person. It is very interactive. You don’t sit and watch the action, you walk around. You choose who you follow, or you get a good spot and camp out at a hole for a little while and let the action come to you. It is so much fun. And truth be told, I always find NBA or NFL players to be amazing, but I can at least relate to what they do. But the talent gap between professional golfers and someone like me is so wide it is astounding. It’s not even funny how skilled these guys are.

This was my fifth (I think) PGA tournament that I’ve attended. I’ve been to it every time it’s been at Valhalla since the mid-90’s, with the only exception being that I missed the Ryder Cup when my kids were babies.

Friday was nuts because everything was initially delayed because a worker had been killed at 5:00 am when he was hit by a bus and then Scottie Scheffler was arrested that morning by our regional disgrace- the Louisville Metro Police. I am really hoping that the PGA isn’t soured on our city as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"