300: Rise of an Empire

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Gabe99, Dec 15, 2009.

?

Rate the Movie

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

Just not sure about this movie at all, its an obvious cash-in, and the story doesnt even sound that interesting or that it has much to do with the 300 at Thermopylae, will have to see a trailer first but dont think I will be watching this in the cinema.

2. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

This seems to be set around another battle between the Persians and the Spartans after the Battle of Thermopylae.

3. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

Looks awful. The sky is overly exposed / bright. Makes the whole thing looked washed out.

4. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

This movie probably should have come out four years ago.

5. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

I'm actually more surprised WB is releasing it in August. I thought they'd keep with tradition by making it an early March release, since the first film did so well in that period.

I'm a bit sad Eva Green is wearing that many clothes in this film. You'd figure with her playing Xerxes' second-in-command, that she'd be similarly attired. :cwink:

6. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

stapleton look so damn generic compared to butler and looks extremely out of shape for a greek general

7. Drizzle

Drizzle I got my cake.

While the first film was really popular, I think if it was released in early March, it wouldn't have stood a chance against Oz.

8. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

I have a BAD feeling about this movie. Really bad.

9. eddy

eddy Make Mine Marvel

Out of the 4 "too late to care" CBM sequels(this, kick-ass 2, sin city 2, and red 2)being released this year,this will probably be the worst.

10. mclay18

I was talking about March 2014...

11. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

To be fair, Kick-Ass 2 and Red 2 are being released in an appropriate window of time. My reservations on Kick-Ass 2 however, is that possibly that the new director didn't 'get' the first film's emotional core and just wants to throw a bunch of action scenes into the flick.

That being said,yes this 300 sequel took way too long to get released. It's not even by Synder, 300 was a bit of a 'fad' movie so going back to that type of style now is almost archaic.

Where as with Sin City 2, at least the same team (for the most part) and Robert are back. This new director Noam whatever..is a huge question mark.

12. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

I have this fear that the director, who seems competent in commercial work or indie movies, is way over his head with this one.

13. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

Trailer reactions:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  14. mclay18

How is Red 2 "too late to care"? It comes in the regular timeframe folks expect for sequels (2-3 years apart), not after. The first film hit October 2010, the sequel is hitting July 2013. That's close to three years.

And it's funny, seeing how Eva Green will be in two of those "too late to care" sequels. She's playing the villain in not only 300: Rise of an Empire but also in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. She'll definitely be a highlight in both... she always adds class, her A-game, and her smoldering Gallic beauty to every role. :woot:

15. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

Eva Greene crazy sex?

and why is everyone acting like they showed footage 1 year before the premiere. this needs to have a trailer in may.

16. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

whats interesting is that its not even 2 times to bright. it looks like 3-4 times to bright. what are they thinking?

17. snyderrocks

snyderrocks Well-Known Member

this is going to be a great film .

18. mclay18

19. mclay18

Junkie XL has replaced Federico Jusid as composer on the film, and David Brenner (Man of Steel) is co-editing the film.

http://www.300themovie.com/characters.html#

Also, a few new character photos of Eva Green and Sullivan Stapleton are on the website too.

20. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

21. mclay18

I was looking at the website, and I didn't know David Wenham was reprising his role in the sequel until now! So that makes it three people returning for the sequel... Queen Gorgo, Xerxes, and now Dillios.

Also, WB has updated their worldwide release dates for next year... the film will open day-and-date worldwide in most territories (either a day before or on March 7th). Chile won't get it until the week after, but Japan won't get it until May 30th.

22. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

Themistocles is an Athenian leader, not Spartan. So Stapleton will not have a uber-sculpted body like Gerard Butler. He will be in shape and a badass but don't expect a repeat of Butler's Greek God physique.

And Stapleton is a good actor.

23. slumcat

slumcat Well-Known Member

I communicated with someone who has seen the film and here is some information. I have full faith that the person has seen the film.

-The film is just under 2 hours long
    -The film will be rated R
    -The primary heroes are Athenians and not the Spartans. The Athenian's are farmers, teachers and herders, so they are not a military culture like Sparta. They won't have the six pack look like the Spartans
    -The film takes place before, during and after the events of 300
    -Sullivan Stapleton in the lead role does not have the presence of Gerard Butler because he does not have that great of a body. But his performance is still strong and badass
    -The action is a lot better than the first movie (!!!!)
    -The brutality and blood is much more than the first film
    -There are so slow motion shots which made the first film famous
    -Artemisia (Eva Green) has an explicit sex scene with Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). He told me it was all out with lots of nudity from Green and biting and slapping and Themistocles absolute pounds Artemisisa as she makes him an offer to be a Persian General.

And now a spoiler laden plot rub-down
    The movie begins after the end of 300. Xerxes cuts off Leonidas' head and takes it away as a trophy. Then there is a flashback sequence where Xerxes story is recounted - how he saw Themistocles kill his father Darius at the Battle of Marathon. Themistocles tells him that the Greeks are so mighty that only the Gods can defeat them. That's when Artemisia whispers in his ear that he should become a god. And he becomes the god we see in 300.

Themistocles and the Athenians fight the Persians on ships. After the slaughter of Leonidas and the 300 (mid-way through the movie), Themistocles goes through Greece to rally support. First Ephialtes is sent by Xerxes to Themistocles to ask him to surrender but is sent back. Then Artemisia tries to seduce him, Themistocles refuses her too. The war continues. In the end, when Queen Gorgo's (Lena Headey) mourning over Leonidas is over, she leads the Spartan army to the battlefront and the Spartans and Athenians together destroy the Persian army.

24. TheIrishAvenger

TheIrishAvenger You are not special.

[​IMG]

Trailer arriving TOMMOROW at 4:30pm PT/7:30pm ET!

25. alexnyc

alexnyc Well-Known Member

I wonder if that nephilim giant xerxes is gonna be in this one or there's gonna be a bigger and powerful one?

Anyways i can't wait for this movie come out i'm holding on to my expectations that this one is gonna be good.