300: Rise of an Empire

Looks way better than I thought it would have been.

I was kinda meh about this movie since the begining, but the trailer was pretty good.

The movie might be good but visually it doesn't look nearly as good as 300. The new guy just can't match Snyder's super crisp visual style.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/52829242556/300-rise-of-an-empire-trailer

uhHVoCK.gif
JEiF6yt.gif

7kZnyjj.gif
7FzggoV.gif

CelkNsa.gif
uWWFzdi.gif

YrBAxom.gif
qoFfPEH.gif

7BZuFJq.gif
dJdAyTB.gif

Love that shot of Eva Green shooting that flaming arrow. So badass.

The scale is pretty impressive, loved that shot of the guy riding the chariot through the fire and then coming out of the water on the horse.

It's like a cover band. Missing that certain magic..

Exactly.

You either hate or love snyder but it's a unique style and doesn't bode well for imitation which can easily turn into self parody. I saw a few glimpses of that "300 kick" it seems they tried to reference.

rule number one in hollywood. dont copy :
-Cameron
-Spielberg
-Snyder
-Bay

try something different because you are not good enough. its a movie you need to watch on the big screen so yeah they have my ticket. but why do they think they will make a lot money? they had 3 years after 300 to realese this and break BO records.

Too many women, not enough gratuitous male near-nudity. :oldrazz:

Nice to see bigotry is still praised. (I'm not calling any of you racist - I'm calling 300 racist).

How so? This movie doesn't seem to have Mutant monsters or freakish hideous monster Persian women that Snyder had in his film.

Okay...while this film maybe long past its due but I'm interested in seeing how it picks up where 300 left off... and judging from the trailer, it looks good. I was hoping to see this in August of this year but im surprised as to why it was pushed back to next year.

Okay a few questions...

Is this more of a prequel than a sequel? Or is it both in some ways?

If it is more of a prequel than why is Gerard Butler not in this?

If it is more a sequel, it makes sense to have Lena Headey reprising her role as Queen Gorgo and David Wenham reprising as Dilios.... depending how much they're in the film, I dunno.

I think this movie is more of a sequel to how it picks up where the first one left off but I read on wikipedia that it is a prequel.

Which is it?

Okay a few questions...

Is this more of a prequel than a sequel? Or is it both in some ways?

If it is more of a prequel than why is Gerard Butler not in this?

If it is more a sequel, it makes sense to have Lena Headey reprising her role as Queen Gorgo and David Wenham reprising as Dilios.... depending how much they're in the film, I dunno.

I think this movie is more of a sequel to how it picks up where the first one left off but I read on wikipedia that it is a prequel.

Which is it?

I think it is more concurrent if you look at the history it's based on, plus the scenes from the trailer. Battle of Salamis was after the "300" Spartans. Athens had been involved all along and sent thousands of Hoplites to assist Leonidas in that battle but the graphic novel doesn't touch upon that.

Themistocles was the most instrumental player in that time frame from a military standpoint, and this interpretation is not accurate at all. He was a seasoned admiral, and was planning the defense against the Persian offensive for years. He had to get the funding to raise a massive naval fleet. His naval fleet took on the Persians shortly prior to the "300" battle, roughly the same time frame.

I think Xerxes lost a good fraction of his ships due to storms. This was briefly depicted in 300. However, given the size of his fleet, he was able to force the Athenian fleet back. Once Leonidas was defeated, the Greeks fell back to Salamis to prepare a counter defense. That battle happened a few months later, where the Persian fleet was handily defeated. I don't know what becomes of Eva Green's character or whether she turns on Xerxes at the end, but I think the trailer showed Themistocles and her having sex? Or was that some other woman?

After Salamis, the Persians mounted one last invasion, and they were defeated at Plataea, where David Wenham does his best William Wallace impression and rallies the Greeks the following year, the last scene witnessed in 300.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. M... hopefully the more trailers and videos we get, the better that this movie is a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"