Sequels 5 Things That Will Make or Break the Amazing Spider-Man Series

Why not? For all we know it could be a really good subplot. We don't know enough to say whether or not it will be interesting or not.

I just preferred not really knowing what happened to his family. Too many other interesting things going on in his life to focus on his parents

Well considering TASM has influence from Ultimate Spider-Man comic books, I'm glad they are introducing the parents storyline. It could play into the whole Venom "cancer suit" story as well.

Given that this is an entirely new universe from the Raimi Trilogy, Simmons would have to be playing a version of Jameson in the new films that is written and utilized differently in the new films, meaning that he wouldn't really be playing the same character.

No to Simmons returning. I loved him as Jonah as much as the next guy, but this is an entirely different universe. It would be sincerely out of place and would feel completely odd if he returned.

I love JK,but I have to agree. Raimi's trilogy was more campy and fun and Simmons worked in that universe. But with this new series trying to be more serious in tone,I can't see JK's Jameson really fitting in.

I think if there going with a serious take, John Slattery would be a great JJJ.

I see no reason why Simmons couldn't play a more serious version of Jameson.

^ Not really. So long as the TASM Jameson was written differently and Simmons didn't try to play the role the way he did in the Raimi Trilogy, there's no reason why he couldn't be cast.

The producers of the new V cast Jane Badler - who appeared in the original V as the character of Diana - as an identically-named character, but made it clear that the two characters were not the same despite sharing the same name and being played by the same actress, and the same thing could be done with regards to TASM and Simmons.

I'm not saying that it SHOULD be done, only that it COULD be done.

I have no doubt about Foxx being good as Electro, he will be GREAT.

What worries me about Electro is that, while visually interesting, as a character he's never been very compelling. It was also the problem with Lizard, taking Connor's family out of the equation took away a lot of what makes the character sympathic, what made you care about him. The Sandman had that problem too, he was an effect, not a character.

I think one of the big factors is, Peter needs to be much more likable. I felt that Peter for the most part was portrayed realistically but he lacked some of the genuine sincerity one should feel towards him quite a few times. The whole rebellious, badboy/outcast shctick was taken a tad too far. I think Webb, Garfield and the writers should pay closer attention to Bendis' early work on USM to really nail how Peter should be portrayed.

This is definitely needed. Peter was a dick in the first movie, he wasn't likeable and when he got his powers he just became a bully. Peter's attitude in the entire movie should only be happen two times, between him getting powers and Ben being killed and when he's under the influence of the black costume. Peter is the ultimate nice guy, the loveable loser.

I personally don't care for knowing anymore about his parents

Me too, think about the time spent on Peter's parents and devote that time instead to Dr. Connor's family, for me personally it would help the movie. To get Peter to Dr. Connor's, just have him be an intern with Gwen, like in the Spectacular Spider-man series.

Harry has been Peter’s friend since high school

1. Peter Needs To Become More Developed
When I say this, I don’t mean physically even though Garfield is a twig. He needs to get a job and start to mature behind and show more of a person behind the “geeky” teen that he was in the first one.

What do you guys think?

Uh.. No he hasn't. They originally met in college. Whoever wrote this needs to learn his stuff.

Yeah that's how Peter is supposed to be, he's supposed to be a twig. And he doesn't need to put being a geeky guy behind him, if that happens then he's hardly even Spider-Man. You can be mature while still being a geek.

Uh.. No he hasn't. They originally met in college. Whoever wrote this needs to learn his stuff.

Yeah that's how Peter is supposed to be, he's supposed to be a twig. And he doesn't need to put being a geeky guy behind him, if that happens then he's hardly even Spider-Man. You can be mature while still being a geek.
Just pointing out that those aren't my words... that's from the article that I am basing this thread on.

Just pointing out that those aren't my words... that's from the article that I am basing this thread on.

Oh I know. :) That's why I added the "Whoever wrote this needs to learn his stuff." :woot: I knew it was just a shared article.

I'm glad they are building up to the Green Goblin this time. Hope it turns out big and epic.

Same thing with Nolan's Batman, it felt like he used the Joker too quickly. Would have been cool to have him as the final villain of the trilogy.

I agree with you on how they are building up with Norman's role for the sequels, I'm excited to see how it turns out! :woot:

I have to disagree with you on how Christopher Nolan used the Joker though, I thought it was perfect placement, considering he is Batman's nemesis. It's a shame that Heath Ledger had to die, I feel that the trilogy would've been amazing if he was in the last installment.. In saying that, I have to say that Bane was a phenomenal choice to end it, by him being the physical match to Batman.

I personally don't care for knowing anymore about his parents

^^ With this statement, I'm going to my childhood days, where I grew up watching the Spiderman Animated Series, and even though it didn't really delve into the backstory of his parents, it said that they were Russian spies/Double Agents..

What I want to know is- Is Webb going to go as far as that route? Or is he going to use another way? Guess we'll have to find out!

I also had heard a rumor that since they were bringing MJ into the sequel, that they were going to kill off Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone)!! The reason for why I'm asking this is, if Electro is the new villain cast for the sequel, it won't be correct if he kills Gwen!

** -- Yes, I realize that, technically, Spiderman was the reason for Gwen dying from the whiplash breaking her neck, from when he saved her from falling with his web, but he blamed it on Green Goblin... **

In saying that, it's still a rumor and not yet confirmed, but I just feel that it would be ruined if the death of Gwen Stacy was "caused" by Electro and not Goblin.

Maybe Goblin appears at the end and kills her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"