5 things you didn't know...

MissMarvelous

Alienated
Reaction score
5 things you didn't know about: COFFEE

1. The part of the plant that is roasted and ground to make your morning (or afternoon, or evening, or snacktime) cup is actually a seed. It is the pit of a red fruit called a coffee cherry.
  2. Early African tribes would mix the coffee fruit and seeds with animal fat to make a sort of energy snack.
  3. The world’s most expensive coffee is a type called kopi luwak. Which is harvested after being digested and excreted by the Asian palm civet, a small catlike mammal.
  4. The world’s first webcam was created to keep tabs on a pot of coffee.
  5. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on Earth. So what’s the first? Oil.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee

The part of the plant that is roasted and ground to make your morning (or afternoon, or evening, or snacktime) cup is actually a seed. It is the pit of a red fruit called a coffee cherry.
I always thought it was made with coffee beans.

I always thought it was made with coffee beans.

You are welcome!

5 things you didn't know 5 minutes ago:

1. When a male bee climaxes, their testicles explode then they die.
  2. Cleopatra lived closer in time to the first Moon landing than to the building of the Great Pyramid.
  3. Blue whales heart is the size of a VW Beetle and that you could swim through some of its arteries.
  4. Half of all humans who have ever lived, died from malaria.
  5. You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.

I don't know how I'm going to come up with 5 things you didn't know
Yo, I give you a clue: you can Google that u.U

I know I did!!! C'mon, either of should be able to win jeopardy and become a wealthy mofo.

5 things you didn't know about Coca-Cola:

1. What’s in a Name? 1886 original recipe included leaves from the coca plant, which is used to produce cocaine. However, the beverage had only 9 milligrams of cocaine per serving.

2. Not an Enduring Legacy
Coca-Cola®’s originator didn’t experience much success with his creation. Not long after Pemberton’s business started, he began selling it off to fund his addiction to morphine. (Apparently, coca leaves didn’t work for him.)

3. Good for What Ails Youactually advertised it as a brain tonic. Supposedly, it could treat a variety of disorders, including exhaustion, headache, neuralgia, hysteria, and melancholy.

4. Crack Open a Bottle
They patented the classic curved shape of a Coke bottle was in 1915. Before that, bottlers used ordinary straight-sided glass containers.
5. A Word is Worth a Thousand Pictures
The emblematic calligraphy for Coca-Cola® wasn’t the brainchild of an advertising executive. It was hand-drawn by John Pemberton’s partner and bookkeeper, Frank Robertson.

True. The assumption being that the 5 things that you know that someone else doesn't know are inherit knowledge gleaned from your own experiences...?

That rule sucks!

How am I going to know FOR A FACT 5 things with that much accuracy?

Ah you win, use teh googs.

5 Things You Didn't Know about Mozart

1. He wrote his first composition at just 4 years old.
2. Mozart had an ... interesting sense of humor.
3. His grave is unknown to this day.
4. He was a Freemason
5. His full name was “Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart.”

5 things you didn't know about Julius Caesar

1. He wasn’t born by caesarean section.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s unlikely he was born by caesarean section. According to some sources, the origin of the Caesar name is attributable to one of Caesar’s forebears who was “caesus,” (Latin for “cut”) from his mother’s womb. Other origins of the name have been suggested, including the possibility that the founding member of Caesar’s family branch might have had “caesaries,” or long, flowing hair.

2. He was kidnapped by pirates.
Along the way to Rhodes, Caesar’s ship was hijacked by pirates off the southwestern coast of Asia Minor. When his captors named a ransom price for his release, Caesar thought the number was insultingly low and insisted a greater sum be demanded. .

3. His love life was complicated.
Caesar married his first wife, Cornelia, in 84 B.C., when he was a teenager. Within several years, a general named Lucius Cornelius Sulla became dictator of the Roman republic and ordered the execution of anyone he considered an enemy of the state. Caesar’s father-in-law, Lucius Cornelius Cinna (d. 84 B.C.), had been a rival of Sulla. As a result, Sulla ordered Caesar to divorce Cornelia, but Caesar refused. Knowing such defiance could cost him his life, Caesar fled Rome and became a fugitive. During his time on the run, he contracted malaria and later was caught by one of Sulla’s men, who forced Caesar to pay him a huge bribe, almost all of his money, in order to remain free. Eventually, some of Caesar’s influential friends and relatives persuaded Sulla to let Caesar return to Rome, where he was reunited with Cornelia. The couple had a daughter, Julia Caesaris, in 76 B.C.

4. He had a son with Cleopatra.
Caesar and Cleopatra, who was half the Roman general’s age, became romantically involved, and around 47 B.C., she gave birth to a boy, Ptolemy Caesar, who was believed to be Caesar’s child. The Egyptians referred to him as Caesarion, meaning little Caesar.

5. He’s considered the father of leap year.
After consulting with the astronomer Sosigenes, Caesar implemented a new system, the Julian calendar, which went into effect in 45 B.C. and was made up of 365 days in a year. The calendar was intended to be in sync with the solar cycle; however, because the actual solar year is 365 ¼ days long, Caesar also added an extra day, called a leap day, every four years to make up the difference.

Five things you didn’t know about celestial stuff..

1) If you place each planet in our solar system directly next to each other, they’d fit within the distance that’s between Earth and our Moon.

2) The stars you see in the night sky aren’t live. You’re seeing them as they once were, and not as they are now. It’s all so so with the speed that light travels.

3) Expanding on the above, when you’re looking at those stars in the sky, you’re actually looking back in time.

4) There are more stars in our galaxy alone than there are grains of sand here on Earth; that’s not accounting for other galaxies out there in the universe.

5) There is theorised to be a large black hole at the very Center of our galaxy, which is one of the reasons it spirals like it does.

5 random things you didn't know 5 seconds ago

1. Psychology is the brain trying to comprehend itself.
  2. A pencil has the potential to draw a line 38 miles long.
  3. Penguins will give their mate a pebble as a way of proposing.
  4. Goats have rectangular pupils.
  5. Once Charlie Chaplin entered a contest for "Charlie Chaplin look-alikes" and he came in third.

Last edited:
5 Things You Didn't Know about Albert Einstein

1. When Albert Einstein was born, his misshapen head terrified the room.
2. As a child, Einstein was the king of throwing temper tantrums.
3. Einstein loved sailing (and was absolutely terrible at it).
4. Einstein had a habit of mindlessly gorging on food.
5. A letter Einstein signed helped spark the Manhattan Project.

5 random things you didn't know before...

1. Flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not the knee
  2. Sloths can hold their breath longer than dolphins can
  3. It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose
  4. Most wasabi paste isn’t real wasabi
  5. Fire has no shadow
You must be probably trying #3 and later on # 5

Five things previously unknown about ... me
  1. I used to eat cereal with tomato ketchup
  2. I’ve never been ‘stood up’ on a date.
  3. I am 9 teeth short of a full set (yet you’d not think so to look at me).
  4. I own a lava lamp.
  5. I probably drive less than 1000miles during any given year; I prefer to walk and/or cycle places given the circumstances.
3. It’s impossible to hum while holding your nose./QUOTE]I tried it before I finished reading your message, and it’s true, it can’t be done!

Ok... 5 things you didn't know about me

1. I have 9 tattoos and they all have a meaning for me.
  2. I ACCIDENTALLY killed a few pets.
  3. I greet dogs whenever I see one and ask them how they are doing.
  4. I smoke weed from time to time (3 times per year, top). But only with 3 specific people.
  5. I hate going to the hairdresser so I cut/die my hair, myself.

Last edited:
5 Top Secret Things About Me That Most People Don't Know, or Wish They Didn't...

1. I'm a little bit of a secret eater, while I will go out to eat I don't always enjoy it and prefer to consume my sustenance in private.
2. Supposedly I was baptized in the Adventist church but I tend to shun organized religion.
3. I get self destructive when I get too bored.
4. I've had my appendix out, gangrene had set in and it was either get rid of it or get rid of me.
5. I'm really good at waiting in line for something, I space out and time travel.

5 things you may not know about Jean-Luc Picard..
  1. His first command was the USS Stargazer.
  2. He’s bald.
  3. He has an artificial heart following an attack by an alien (Nausicaan) during his academy years.
  4. He likes earl grey tea, hot.
  5. He secretly fancies the pants off of Beverly Crusher.

5 OMG facts you didn't know before reading my post:

1. You Are Drinking Million-Year-Old Water: Because the cycle of evaporation, condensation, and precipitation is closed, the same water that existed on the earth millions of years ago is still on Earth today.
  2. The Bowler Hat Was Invented as a Safety Measure: it began as a purely practical item—a riding helmet meant to protect riders from branches and other obstacles.
  3. Frogs can freeze without dying: According to Kenneth Storey, a professor at Carleton University, in Ottawa, Canada, frogs undergo freeze-thaw cycles all the time.
  4. A "moonbow" is a rainbow that happens at night.
  5. Bumblebees can fly higher than Mount Everest.

Five things you probably didn't know about SAUSAGES;
  1. The largest sausage ever weighed in at 1,740 kg and was in Turkey. The sausage was 35mm round and ran for 1,530 metres. It took 250 people to cook it.
  2. Stefan Paladin (New Zealand) holds the record for the most sausages eaten in one minute. He ate eight whole sausages measuring 10cm by 2cm in width on 22 July 2001.
  3. Traditional sausage is encased in the submucosa, the collagen layer of animal intestines. For mortadella, that means cow bladders; for liverwurst, pig bungs.
  4. In 320 AD, because of their association with pagan festivals, Roman Emperor Constantinus I and the Catholic Church made sausage eating a sin and their consumption was banned! This led to sausages going underground until the ban was lifted.
  5. The record for longest sausage ever made was 36.75 miles long and is held by an English man named J.J. Tranfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"