5th Grade Boys Plan to Kill Classmates Thwarted

When my dad was teaching a second grade class in the 1960's a little girl named Amanda came to school wearing a jacket on a warm day. Before class, Amanda saw Sheila on the playground and she pulled out a butcher knife from underneath her jacket with intent to kill Sheila. A fellow teacher saw Amanda and from behind grabbed both her hands. She said to my father calmly," Grab the knife out of Amanda's hand."

Last edited:
"To me, 10- and 11-year-olds do bad things," he said. "They throw rocks through windows. They shoot BB guns at people's cars. They hit people with sticks, they set a cat on fire. Those are things that children do. But this was a plot to kill."

Is setting cats on fire really normal for 10 and 11 years olds? :huh:

This kid is definitely going to bed without dinner.

Another asked whether authorities would entertain the possibility of providing teachers with guns in the classroom. Cashion said he responded that the option was under consideration by the Legislature..

Really? Really?!

Good luck with decreasing your death by gun ratio, America.

Last edited:
To be fair, you have to wonder how annoying she was.

Melee and long range. Those video games have given them a plethora of options. :o

My cousin shoved scissors up a dog's ass, pulled the legs of a frog...

He's doing well in prison these days :up:

Cats? no. Insects are fair game

Criminals will access weapons and use weapons. That doesn't mean it should necessarily be so easy or that their shouldn't be a charge associated with it.

The current pro-gun argument is this: criminals ignore laws. If you outlaw guns, criminals will still obtain guns. Therefore, you should not outlaw guns.

I have some further, slightly more radical assertions to make using this argument:

Thieves ignore laws. If you outlaw thievery, thieves will still steal. Therefore, you should not outlaw thievery.

Murderers ignore laws. If you outlaw murder, murderers will still murder. Therefore, you should not outlaw murder.

Rapists ignore laws. If you outlaw rape, rapists will still rape. Therefore you should not outlaw rape.

Clearly this is an entirely logical and unassailable position.

Wait, wait. REDUCTION in these activities may be linked to the laws regarding them? You say if guns were outlawed, the amount of criminals with guns may be REDUCED?

Hogwash. We are not interested in reduction. Every law must be 100% effective 100% of the time in preventing every crime it is based on, or they shouldn't exist.

Some of you may think is is a radical position. Well, clearly you are radical for not holding it!

Well guns should be applied with the ol saying now

¨KEEP OUT THE REACH OF CHILDREN¨

Jesus, pains me to say this but for two 11 year olds that whole scheme was very well thought out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"