7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

my god...when did Cracked change from a lame rip off of Mad Magazine into something that actually published things of real truth and value?

Ironically, it was when .com got attached and they started acting more like a blog. :o

I don't disagree with the article, I was merely observing its similarity to Grandpa Joe musing about how when he was a young person, everything was a penny, children respected their elders and families were close and loving.

Its a fine line, I think, between being cautious about losing the 'good old things' that make life worth it, and falling into technophobia and progress-phobia. Not that I'm claiming this article crosses that line, but I felt a need to point out a counterbalance.

My issue is that it places too much blame on the technology. "The 21st century is making you miserable". The author kind of hints at personal responsibility but the overall tone of the article is that big bad technology is invading our lives and stealing our happy.

:up: :up:

"Oh, **** you. What, we're not allowed to continue growing up? That's like telling cripples it's traditional to spend the rest of their lives on crutches instead of getting a neural regen package"

-- Warren Ellis, Transmetropolitan #24

so that's where my agoraphobic fear and hatred of humankind comes from. hurm...

exactly, everyone hates "everyone" and people are more and more anti-social. You go to school and work everyday with hundreds of people. But no one really knows anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"