90's kids unite!

Johnny Drama

Sex Panther
Reaction score
Though I was born in the mid 80's, most of my concious childhood took place in the 90's. That's right, the decade that brought us acid washed jeans, pogs, SNICK, In Living Color, flat top fades, Lisa Loeb, The Macarena, Dawson's Creek, Friends, The Ninja Turtles movies (the toons were late 80's) Nirvana, SEGA GENESIS, Party Of Five Marvel cartoons on saturday morning and...the mullet! Please, list anything else that just screams 90's.

Stick your Macarena and your Titanic up your keister.

Gerard Way said:
True, but not everyone here grew up in the 80's...

I know, but I watched the Breakfast Club last night. That movie alone makes up for all the mistakes made in the 80's.

80's all the way

I'd take voltron over your power rangers any day :mad:

Raiders and Empire.

Even Raiders alone > Any 90's movie.

if I had my way I would have been born in the 70's so I could have enjoyed th 80's. Please don't hate me for being concieved during the 80's, lol...

Those cheesey Batman movies,
Clueless,
Snap on bracelets,
Boy meets World,
Step By Step...
PAULEY SHORE!

Gerard Way said:
if I had my way I would have been born in the 70's so I could have enjoyed th 80's. Please don't hate me for being concieved during the 80's, lol...

HAHA. Now, I was born in 80, but my fondest memories are from that time period. All my favorite Saturday morning and afternoon cartoons came on then. The 80's gave us Transformers, He-Man, and a multitude of other. It was a time when you had no worries except what you were gonna play with that day. Finally, it's the time period I remember my family all being together and connected. You simply see things different as a child. That's why that time period is so amazing to me, but I'm sure everyone is like that.

Gerard Way said:

You should have been born in the Early 80's like in 80-84

I was born in 79

So I remember both decades pretty well.

The 90's really stunk compared to the 80's.

The 90's had a few Gems though

Losing My Religion Video, Nirvana

The Matrix

The Devils winning the Stanley Cup

Batman the Animated Series

But other than that it was a very meh decade.

Gerard Way said:
Those cheesey Batman movies,
Clueless,
Snap on bracelets,
Boy meets World,
Step By Step...
PAULEY SHORE!

Now, technically, we own the original Burton Batman. :D

Oh yeah Yankees having the latest Dynasty. :up:

Another good thing about the 90's.

guitarsingerguy said:
HAHA. Now, I was born in 80, but my fondest memories are from that time period. All my favorite Saturday morning and afternoon cartoons came on then. The 80's gave us Transformers, He-Man, and a multitude of other. It was a time when you had no worries except what you were gonna play with that day. Finally, it's the time period I remember my family all being together and connected. You simply see things different as a child. That's why that time period is so amazing to me, but I'm sure everyone is like that.

Haha, yeah, those are all my reasons for likeing the 90's. I was born in 84, so I was 6 by the time the decade had ended. 89 is probably my favorite year for me...

Erzengel said:
Oh yeah Yankees having the latest Dynasty. :up:

Another good thing about the 90's.

Actually the Yankees ruining baseball is actually another indictment on that decade.

Look at the teams that won Yankees & Cowboys yechhh:down

It was also during the blasted 90's when parents got nutty and made toys safer. Ugh.

Remember the Megatron gun? Geesh, ain't no way that thing would last today.

90's were good for NY teams.

Giants, Rangers, and Yankees.

Best Hip Hop (90-98) and NBA Basketball, the WWF (early 90's, Bret era introduction of the Attitude era, the legitamte WCW vs. WWF war), MTV was likeable etc

Eh, i don't remember much of the trends or popular culture things.
I always kind of stayed away from popular culture as a child.
I think growing up in an isolated small town as a child was partly why.
Small farming town...everything's always kind of been the same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"