"A Batman Overture"

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
Batman Forever Theme by Elliot Goldenthal.

i have to admit, I like the theme it's not Elfman but it's not bad as the movie itself.

What do you guys think?

Batman Forever Theme by Elliot Goldenthal.

i have to admit, I like the theme it's not Elfman but it's not bad as the movie itself.

What do you guys think?
I liked his score. It fit the movie very well, even if that vision isnt really the legitimate batman. I liked his stuff for Two-Face especially.

I liked his score. It fit the movie very well, even if that vision isnt really the legitimate batman. I liked his stuff for Two-Face especially.

Please tell us what the legitimate Batman is.

Its perfect for what they were going for with BF, I actually love the score. Its very interesting hearing him explain on the SE why he did things the way he did.

It reminded me of a Saturday cartoon theme. Which fit the movie.

Well, he's not over the top or or cartoony or jazzy or comical or campy, all of which the Schumaccher-Goldenthal portrayal of him were.

All of which was the version of Batman that was portrayed in the comics from 50's to mid 60's. How can any one version of a character be labeled as legitimate when the character has gone thru so many different incarnations thru a 70 year history.
I never understand this.

Well, he's not over the top or or cartoony or jazzy or comical or campy, all of which the Schumaccher-Goldenthal portrayal of him were.

Congratulations you just described a Batman that could be found in the Batman title written by Grant Morrisson every month. I liked Goldenthal's score particularly his main march and a lot of the more low key tracks that were used during the slower scenes like Bruce's flashbacks and when Bruce and Dick are talking in the batcave.

I liked Goldenthal's score as well...

I hate the fact that it was all but re-hashed for 'B&R.' It's practically the same score aside from the theme written for Mr. Freeze (which is a piece of music I'd still like to have.)

But if ANY Batman music needs to be released for the public...

It's all 85 of Shirley Walker's scores for the original FOX episodes of 'Batman: TAS.'

I believe she had said the scores WERE in fact digitally archived and thusly preserved by Warner Bros. and could potentially be distributed. I have a feeling they'd be more on that fast track if not for her unfortunate and untimely passing (she made mention of all this on the commentary track of 'Harlequinade.')

CFE

yeah, i liked the soundtrack, it fit the movie and had a very super heroic over the top cartoonish quality to it that was different from the dark creepy gothic sounds of elfman from the previous 2 films. of course, nothing goldenthal did could even attempt to top what elfman did with the pervious batman films, i mean his work was GENIOUS and it was just very well done and intricate and more well thought out, more layered and was more emotional and deep, not to mention memorable. and yes, i hated that they rehashed alot of the music from BF in B&R, pretty silly.

I hate the fact that it was all but re-hashed for 'B&R.' It's practically the same score aside from the theme written for Mr. Freeze (which is a piece of music I'd still like to have.)

It's all 85 of Shirley Walker's scores for the original FOX episodes of 'Batman: TAS.'

I believe she had said the scores WERE in fact digitally archived and thusly preserved by Warner Bros. and could potentially be distributed. I have a feeling they'd be more on that fast track if not for her unfortunate and untimely passing (she made mention of all this on the commentary track of 'Harlequinade.')

CFE

They must have her brilliant music in some form...

As they are now using it again in every 'Batman: Gotham Knight' promo they are releasing !

Whatever faults the B&R score had, Goldenthal's theme for Robin was beyond fantastic. It's better than Batman Overture and is almost equal to Elfman's theme, to me.

Agreed. I almost forgot the Robin theme...very nice piece of music.

CFE

i keep forgetting what the robin theme sounds like, can someone like post a clip or a soundbite of it? i keep hearing about it, but keep forgetting.

In the beginning of this clip, you can catch just the tail end of it. The end of the Robin Theme is the very first music you hear in the clip:

[YT]Uo8I0oDtXNM[/YT]

CFE

OOHH thank you, i totally forgot about that! dont they also play it when they have the "robin signal" in the sky? yeah, that is a cool bit of music, is it on the B&R album? did they ever release a score album for B&R and BF?

There is a score album for "Batman Forever."

They never released one for "Batman & Robin."

CFE

CFE
I could not agree more. It would be so great if her work was FINALLY released. I have her MOTP score and it is really outstanding. Here's hoping. It's sad because she was such an underrated talent, and her work is really quite great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"