A Genetic/Physiological Basis for...Racism??

With the genome project they have found behavioral differences. Some ethnicity are found to be violent than others for an example (recall it was some obscure group in New Zealand). Certain action raises the intelligence for certain races while not the case for others, such as breast feeding. Too bad it is too politically incorrect of a topic to warrant further investigation.

I agree. I also don't think sex addiction is a disease. Tiger Woods was apologizing, etc but for what? Because he was horny all the time? Isn't that healthy?

:up:

It's stupidity like this that makes me want to live on an island away from the majority of people in our society who eat that spoonfed garbage from the media.

Sex addiction, really?? He was a red blooded male...ie; he's a horny mother ****er. To say that he has a sex addiction is to say a lot if not most men have a sex addiction. Hell, I know a number of women who are almost at that level like a guy when it comes to that constant state of arousal.

Very interesting article.

I can't fully agree with this quite yet. It's definitely interesting and thought provoking but I still believe racism is from good old fashioned ignorance as well as arrogance.

The problem with me not agreeing with this is because I don't and probably never will agree with the excuse that alcoholism is a disease. That's another excuse in our society were people are getting lazier and dumber and don't want to take responsility for their actions/screw ups. It's called addiction and it tends to be caused by doing too much of something, just like people who get addicted to food or smoking.

I'm not necessarily saying this study is a full on cop out and excuse for people that are racist to keep being racist but it's a stretch in my eyes. As far as i'm concerned racism started all that time ago simply due to people being afraid of others with different colored skin or other differences and because of that fear they overcompensated with arrogance thinking they were superior to that other race.
I think you're looking at this the wrong way. The only thing this study is meant to illustrate is the physiological (and evolutionary) basis for such a discriminatory behavior (it's a goddamn survival mechanism, nothing sinister), not to provide an excuse (an explanation is not necessarily the same thing as an excuse). They even say as much in the article itself.

With the exception of those who have this particular disorder (yes, everyone, this IS a disorder...being able to distinguish dangerous from non-threatening situations is kind of an important life-skill), the implication is that we ALL have this predisposition to some degree. They may in fact find that this particular trait is expressed more strongly in some individuals than in others, but ultimately our choices DO matter, and the article says nothing different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"