A montage of their missions

GeoMFilms

Civilian
Reaction score
I think it would be nice that maybe at the start of Star Trek 3 if there is a montage of the voyages/missions kirk and the crew have been on. I liked when you watched the 2nd Superman movie, the intro of the movie showed you highlights of superman 1.

But with the way Star Trek Into Darkness ended.............

It said they were going to go on their 5 year adventure into space. Now I never really watched the original show but i'm assuming that the 5 year thing they are talking about is what happened during the old tv shows period.

So maybe when star trek 3 starts their montage could be showing the new actors re doing some of the scenes from the old tv show. Like when Kirk vs that lizard thing. Or when the whole ship was filled with those furry things, and so forth. So even though the movie can't obviously show the new crew doing all these missions, we could know through the montage that they too experienced some of the same things the original timeline crew faced.

Depending how many years in the future the next movie takes place maybe one of the montage footage could just show scotty in front of the big tank filled with water and the whale. this way we would know they faced that adventure too.

Just something I was thinking about.

I thought the point of doing this alternate timeline thing was so that they could do new stuff?

Eh, whatever. They already rehashed Space Seed and Wrath of Khan. Why stop now?

Last edited:
It would be fun to have some oblique dialogue references to old adventures, like with Balok and the First Federation, Tribbles and/or the Tholian Web, and the like. Just to show that the crew has had some adventures offscreen and that a lot of things happened between STID and the next movie.

Yeah that would be really nice. Would be fun. Now they did have one of those Tribbles in the movie. In the TV show was the first time they ever encountered those Tribbles suppose to be in that episode? So the fact that there is one in the movie show that the events in Tribble already took place?

Yeah that would be really nice. Would be fun. Now they did have one of those Tribbles in the movie. In the TV show was the first time they ever encountered those Tribbles suppose to be in that episode? So the fact that there is one in the movie show that the events in Tribble already took place?

Technically, I believe Tribbles were already known to Federation science by TOS timeline (Phlox had one on the NX-01, as I recall). Possibly the original NC-1701 crew didn't know about it because they were considered insignificant creatures, but maybe something happened to make them better known in the Abramsverse timeline. Like perhaps the absence of so many Vulcan scientists meant that there were fewer ethical concerns raised about using easily replaceable lab animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"