How this movies events could destroy the earth.

GeoMFilms

Civilian
Reaction score
....So after watching 'Into Darkness' it got me thinking about 'The Voyage Home.' In that movie when Earth was attached my that device that was seeking out the whales on Earth, the crew of the enterprise was not on Earth, but they were on Vulcan (which is not even around anymore) and they were heading to Earth.

The reason they were not on Earth was because of what happen during the events of Wrath of Khan. Spock died. Then Kirk went back to Genesis to find Spock (the search for Spock). From there they went to Vulcan when they found Spock (The voyage home)

So since Into Darkness showed the Khan is kept in his pod on Earth instead of being on a planet the kirk put him on in the original show, doesn't that mean the events of Wrath of Khan wont happen the way they happened?

So when that whale seeking device shows up in this alt universe kirk and crew might not be able to save the Earth like they did the last time.

Any thoughts on that?

In order for the Voyage Home scenario to occur again, the following has to occur:

- Spock and Kirk both have to be away from Earth at the time

- Spock and Kirk have to be out of the way of the probe's path before it begins to send signals into Earth's oceans

- Spock and Kirk have to possess some kind of time travel capability; if it is as simple as slingshotting a small, fast ship around a sun (which I never really liked how comparatively easy that was) then that shouldn't be a problem

All of the above is more than likely to happen, regardless of whether Spock is re-genesised or not, so I think Earth is in good hands.

I REALLY don't think they're gonna use that same plot for future movies. New timeline = different outcomes. Those events will probably never happen.

I REALLY don't think they're gonna use that same plot for future movies. New timeline = different outcomes. Those events will probably never happen.

That's I said about this movie, [BLACKOUT]Khan[/BLACKOUT] and the tease of [BLACKOUT]the reactor scene[/BLACKOUT] in trailer 1. If Kurtzman, Orci, and Lindelof don't become the scapegoats for STID's underperformance, I wouldn't put it past them to sink so low.

Using logic and reasoning to predict this Trek series is a bad idea. :oldrazz:

After Into Darkness, I don't think they'd hesitate to prehash anything that was popular before. JJ thinks he can do it better.

I'm not saying I want previous movie or tv show events to be the main focus of the next movie. I'm just saying it would be nice if they mention or even show in a montage some of the events they have already encounted before Star Trek 3 starts.

Maybe he can. :cwink:

J.J.'s new Star Wars trilogy should also be a remake of the original trilogy. I mean with new technology and all of J.J.'s skills, I 'm sure he could do a better job than they did the first time with that as well. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"