A Portal movie

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
At the moment I'm playing Portal 2 and I think it has to be one of my favourite games of all time. The humour, the cleverness of the tests, the design and voice acting are all flawless.

So, video game movie adaptions curse be damned, would you ever be willing to see a movie based on Portal?

I would if Darren Aronofsky directed it. As for cast I would want J.K Simmons, Steve Merchant and Ellen Mclain to reprise their roles.

As for Chell, I could see why studios would want a well known actress so how about Kat Dennings. She's tough and cool and she's funny which would be important for a movie based on Portal. Chell should be able to have comic timing and not just be a bimbo.

scaled.php
scaled.php

theres no way this can be translated without pissing off every fan...
..and the first thing they'd do is probably add more human characters

I agree with xwolverine2. There's no way they can make a Portal movie without pissing a lot of people off. Leave it alone, I say.

Portal 2 is also one of my favorite games but I really don't see how a game about puzzle solving could be effectively turned into a movie.

Amazing game. Terrible idea for a movie.

Good special effects, ****** story. Just get M Night Shaymylan to do it, that's his department

okay then, never mind about wether there should be a portal movie, let's just say what would the cast be for a Portal movie you would be interested in?

Just cast the characters we've met in the game if that would make you feel more comfortable :yay:

Any way, Half-Life deserves more to be a movie and Portal is also set in the HL universe so.....

How couldn't it work? They were able to make a good movie out of Super Mar.....oh wait.

Seems like somebody made a Portal mini movie
[YT]4drucg1A6Xk[/YT]
I could say more about the guy that made this and how he directed comercials but i'm to sleepy right now

Dan Trachtenberg, its fun watching him and the other 2 on TRS show but I just wish Dan would slow it down. It seems whenever he's trying to give his opinion he goes off into about ten different tangents until he finally settles on one.

Dan Trachtenberg, its fun watching him and the other 2 on TRS show but I just wish Dan would slow it down. It seems whenever he's trying to give his opinion he goes off into about ten different tangents until he finally settles on one.
If you're talking about his interviews about the movies it's true, and from what i caught he seems like a big geek like most of us :woot:

I'm talking about the Totally Rad Show, whenever they have to review something movie or game his thoughts are all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"