Kat Dennings joins the cast

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
Natalie Portman has a lot to look forward to in Kenneth Branaugh's "Thor" film, which she's scheduled to begin production on soon as Jane Foster. Anthony Hopkins, Idris Elba and Chris Hemsworth are all confirmed to be starring at her side, but Portman dropped a potential casting bombshell this weekend while promoting her new film "Brothers." "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" star Kat Dennings may have a role in "Thor" as well.

"Well I'm really excited," Portman told MTV News. "Kat Dennings is going to be in it with me and she's a good friend and an amazing actress, so I'm looking forward to that."

The "Thor" cast is already full of big names, and most of the obvious characters from the comics have already been cast, but Kat Dennings' arrival would still be huge news -- though it raises a sizable question mark over who she might be playing.

Portman seemed enthusiastic about her own part and the world of Asgard that Branagh will be adapting to film.

"Well, I was really excited when they told me Kenneth Branagh is directing it because it seemed like such a smart choice but such an unexpected choice, that it was like 'This is really weird. I have to try this,'" Portman said.

Arriving in the Marvel Universe's rendition of Norse mythology has required a lot of education, but she's currently hard at work figuring out how it's put together. "Yeah I've been learning more about it now," she explained. "I was really unschooled about the world of Thor before."

Dennings previously said that she'd like a shot at Tim Seeley's "Hack/Slash," but she made no mention of "Thor." There aren't many big female parts left in Asgard, but Dennings definitely has the moxie to pick up the part of Enchantress if she happens to be in the script. That's just a hunch, mind you, but the floodgates of speculation are now unofficially open.
SOURCE

Perhaps she will be playing that Marcy role that they were casting? Or maybe Karnilla?

Good actress. I liked her in Nick and Norah.

Although I don't think she fits Enchantress for those who inevitably suggest it.

Isn't there some teenager role they were casting recently?

She is probably going to appear as a Midgardian (mortal) alongside Jane Foster. I would definitely not cast her as Karnilla, who should be older and more imposing.

Kat Dennings = :heart:

[A];17755952 said:

Beat me to it. :up: I stopped paying attention to her face once she walked into "The 40 Year Old Virgin".

I'd see anything this girl was in.

I'm thinking Karnilla myself. IF they keep parts of the first draft, Karnilla was a younger student if I recall right, which was how Loki took advantage of Karnilla

Aaah I can see that then. A semi-major role without being a god.

If Portman knows she's cast and mentioned it I'd say she's an employee at the hospital or a friend of her's.

I was thinking the Marcy role

[MARCY LEWIS]
(20) Is a college student. Aloof, jaded beyond her years, she thought her internship with scientist Kate Spelling would be an easy 6 college credits. However, she’s been stuck for months in this small New Mexico town and relegated to a wide range of unglamorous activities. Kate has been particularly hard on Marcy, making it her personal project to see that Marcy lives up to her potential. Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass.

...Well I think that just about confirmed it (if you've seen any movie with Kat Dennings in it).

[A];17755952 said:

Beat me to it. :up: I stopped paying attention to her face once she walked into "The 40 Year Old Virgin".

15gfsm1.jpg

Is this even relevant to the topic at hand?

Last edited:
I was thinking the Marcy role

[MARCY LEWIS]
(20) Is a college student. Aloof, jaded beyond her years, she thought her internship with scientist Kate Spelling would be an easy 6 college credits. However, she’s been stuck for months in this small New Mexico town and relegated to a wide range of unglamorous activities. Kate has been particularly hard on Marcy, making it her personal project to see that Marcy lives up to her potential. Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass.

That sounds about right. Who is Kate?

She could be up for Hela perhaps? She certainly has the required
boobies.gif
for the role!
hitit.gif

At this point, she could very well be up for any female role, but I find it hard to read the casting call for the Marcy character and think Dennings is possibly up for a different role.

The Hollywood Reporter confirms the casting and says her character will work for Portman's Jane Foster. Sounds a lot like that Marcy character

Kat Dennings has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ “Thor.”

Marvel is keeping a closed lid on Dennings’ role in the Kenneth Branagh-directed project centering on the Norse god of thunder, though sources say she will be working for the character played by Natalie Portman.

Portman plays Jane Foster, who in the early comic book lore was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The character is being updated for the feature adaptation, with Foster being a doctor-scientist type.

Portman accidentally broke the news during an interview with MTV News earlier today.

Chris Hemsworth is starring as Thor with a cast that includes Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard, Stuart Townsend and Idris Elba.

Shooting is due to begin in mid-January in Manhattan Beach, Calif.

Dennings, repped by CAA and Management 360, is best known for starring opposite Michael Cera in “Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist.” Other credits include “The 40-Year Old Virgin,” “The House Bunny” and the upcoming Woody Harrelson starrer “Defendor.”
SOURCE

interesting news from the day, I dont know kate dennings work myself. I dont think i seen much of what she has done. But yea now its looking like she will probably end up being just a normal mortal human role. Though i dont have a problem if she wasnt any of the female asgards that are likely in the film who hasnt been cast besides sif(jaime alexender).

at least this casting choice isnt pissing off folks like the elba casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"