A question to those who have DVD Shrink?

This is what I use and I have yet to have any problems.

I rip the dvd using dvd decrypter. I write it in ISO form to the hard drive. I then burn it using dvd decrypter at 4x speed, using wither TDK or Memorex dvd-r's. If the dvd data is to big for a regular size dvd and I don't want to waste a dual layer dvd, I then use shrink. I've used it once so far because I've been lucky enough to find stuff that fits on single layer dvd.

Using DVD decrypter, what the hell am I doing wrong?

It says that the source for the file can not be found when I try to shrink it after I have created an ISO file with Decrypter. If I try to use shrink first, it can't even read the dvd.

Help

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Using DVD decrypter, what the hell am I doing wrong?

It says that the source for the file can not be found when I try to shrink it after I have created an ISO file with Decrypter. If I try to use shrink first, it can't even read the dvd.

Help
Did you make a topic in that fourm link I gave you?

Here is the best way to backup DVD's using free software.

Download DVDFabDecrypter (DVD Decrypter is no longer updated)
Download Vobblanker
Download DVD Shrink or use Nero Recode if you have it.

Rip the DVD to your HD with Fab
Create a folder on your desktop name it something you'll remember.
Open the ripped DVD into Vobblanker, make the folder you created as the output folder.
Vobblanker should take like 10 minutes.
Then just open your folder in Shrink and burn.
It workd 99% of the time.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Hey has anyone used DVDfabdecrypter yet?
Yup! thats my 3rd option to rip dvds. I couldnt rip Memoirs of a giesha with dvd shrink or dvd dcrypter:( So I used dvdfab and it worked! :) :up:

NOFX said:
Yup! thats my 3rd option to rip dvds. I couldnt rip Memoirs of a giesha with dvd shrink or dvd dcrypter:( So I used dvdfab and it worked! :) :up:

Yeah my friend had the same problem but I haven't used FAB yet so I wasn't able to tell him how to use it. Is it pretty simple to use NOFX?

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Yeah my friend had the same problem but I haven't used FAB yet so I wasn't able to tell him how to use it. Is it pretty simple to use NOFX?
Open the program and press start:confused: :D

I'm going to have to get FAB. I tried to back up my copy of Hostel and it gets to 4% and says there is a read error.

Kable24 said:
I'm going to have to get FAB. I tried to back up my copy of Hostel and it gets to 4% and says there is a read error.
If Dvd shrink, Decrypter, and fab doenst work Than I suggest you just buy dvd. Foruntely that has yet to happen to me:D

I did buy Hostel. I was backing it up for when people want to borrow the movie, I give them the copy that way if they acidentally scratch it, it's not ruined.

Kable24 said:
I did buy Hostel. I was backing it up for when people want to borrow the movie, I give them the copy that way if they acidentally scratch it, it's not ruined.

You know DVD Skip Dr. works great for scracthes :up:

But I would be more concerned about getting the movie back period, well at least with some of my friends :down

NOFX said:
Tell me more about that?

Ummmm, they are the best thing ever for DVD/CD scratches. I mean EVER. I bought one when they first came out years ago (something like 4-5) and it was a manual CD Dr. The thing was/is amazing. It was $20 or so when I got it but let me tell you it is by far one of the best investments ever. I honestly would have to say that out of everything I have ever bought in my life. For what the specific item was/is meant to do. I would say it is one of if not the most satisfying purchase.

They are of course have been updated and changed but are phenomenal. I had cds that were so scratched they wouldn't even play. After using the Skip DR. on it BAM! Worked just fine. Of course there is a point of no return, it can not fix all scratches on CDs or DVDs, but I would say 90% or more of the scratches you have or find in discs are no trouble. :up:

They have several types, manual and motorized. I have not used the motorized one or know if it is more efficient than the manual or if it is simply automated. But I would highly reccommend investing in one :up:

I give it a 10 out of 10. 5 stars out of 5. 10 :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"