DVD Disk Tray Prob.

Matrixo

Sidekick
Reaction score
Alright. Some of you guys know I've been trying to burn a movie onto a blank DVD-R/RW. So I FINALLY tried it out and I noticed my computer isnt reading the blank disc, or should I say identifies, since the disc is blank. I downloaded Nero and several Avi to VOB converters. Now I used nero to burn the info onto the disc but when I put the DVD into a Xbox 360 or my DVD player nothing happens.

I've been doing this all day and I'm a little frustrated now so can someone help me.

And BTW does anyone know a good AVI to VOB converter? I have one but it tells me it will place a watermark in the middle of it and I dont want that.

Thanks.

yeah there are alot of avi to vob converters. Which one would you be interested in?

Ill tell you if it works, thanks alot man.

Alright it seems to be working. But Im still wondering if my disk tray is working.

I converted the Dark Knight Trailer just for kicks to put on the disk, but when I put it in my DVD player and my Xbox nothing came up, so idk.

But its working man thanks. Gonna take about 50 minutes.

Well I think I know what your issue is here. The format your using isn't DVD-V which means DVD video format. You have to let the program convert the video into that format for you and let a burning program burn the video file using the DVD burning option.

alright man, thanks for the help. the avi files are converting now so ill update you if i need help.

Well I think I know what your issue is here. The format your using isn't DVD-V which means DVD video format. You have to let the program convert the video into that format for you and let a burning program burn the video file using the DVD burning option.

Alright the "Conversion" is done and the vid is now VOB. But both ConvertX and Nero dont recongnize that I have a blank disc in my tray.

I made sure it was working by putting some movies of mine into the computer and they work fine. :huh:

Hmmm. Check the DVD to make sure it isn't scratched or damaged. If the DVD is damaged then nothing can read the DVD and you will have to buy another blank DVD.

IMG_0001-2.jpg

There both DVD Rs and RWs

Ok here's what to do. Go to My Computer and right click on the drive that is giving this problem. After doing that then click properties. Next click the recording tab and check Enable CD Recording on this drive. See if you get this problem again.

Ok here's what to do. Go to My Computer and right click on the drive that is giving this problem. After doing that then click properties. Next click the recording tab and check Enable CD Recording on this drive. See if you get this problem again.

IDK which one?

untitled.jpg

Right click the DVD drive. It is the one that marks DVD on it.

Oh fck you're screwed. The same thing happened to me already. What exactly are you trying to burn?

Thats great :csad:

Thanks for the help tho man :up:

No there is a solution to it actually. The reason that happened to me in the past was because of nero. If you uninstall nero your problem will be solved.

Uninstall Nero and restart your computer. And do what I told you from before.

Restart your system and do what I told you from before.

So I delted nero and restarted my computer ANNNNND!!!!!!!!!!!!

untitled-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"