A Quiet Place + Fantastic Four Nods

Stark Bauer

Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk
Reaction score
IF the Krasinskis get the roles, I am wondering if we see some call backs to A Quiet Place. They seem to hint to an actor's previous roles in subtle and not so subtle ways. I see them as winks to the audience/ See themes such as Shang Chi star who played a car rental salesman in Kim's Convenience and then a car valet in Shang Chi. There are many more i am sure if you do the research...

This is a silly question to ask when there is no actual reason to think they will be cast for the role.

I don't think this needs to be a separate thread at this point since the Krasinskis are not cast at all, and nods about any fan favourite actor could be speculated upon without them having their own thread.

I’ll ignore the fact that the very premise of this thread relies on a hypothetical popular fan casting that has been often rumored but not confirmed and may not even ever happen, and entertain this silly thread by saying that I could see some unintentional nods, but I don’t think most people would care to notice. Both F4 and Quiet Place are about family, sure, but the tone, spirit, and overall identity is so different between them that I don’t really see where a F4 film would make a overt connection. And this is assuming Krasinski even gets the role which isn’t a guarantee.

But yeah…this thread shouldn’t exist and should probably be merged with the existing Mr. Fantastic thread but it certainly tells me that hype for John Krasinski in the role is so high to the point a lot of fans are assuming his casting is a forgone conclusion. Which makes me rather curious to see the level of fan disappointment when/if Jon Krasinski isn’t cast in the role. Though…I have to imagine the level disappointment wouldn’t be too toxic as long as Jon Watts, Sarah Finn, and Kevin Feige cast another white dude in the role instead of a POC.

Last edited:
i dont think there will be a backlash if they arent cast. i do think you will have a larger box office and hype will be through the roof and sustained up until the release date

I’d be okay with Krasinsky but not excited by him, and Blunt does nothing for me..

So I’d be more disappointed if we do get the two of them than I would be if we don’t.

I’d be okay with Krasinsky but not excited by him, and Blunt does nothing for me.
I like Emily Blunt, and I could see her in the role. But I'm a little concerned that it sounds like she is not at all familiar with the source material. I think Krasinski at least has said it would be cool to play Reed Richards.

I’d be okay with Krasinsky but not excited by him, and Blunt does nothing for me..

So I’d be more disappointed if we do get the two of them than I would be if we don’t.

with all due respect, you need to keep in mind the casual, non-die hard Marvel fans. Would they appeal to the masses? The Box Office results and ratings from A Quiet Place seem to agree. Disney is a corporation and will most likely do what is in its best interests to maximize profits. However, Feige is known to think outside of the box, so he can go with unknowns as was recently rumored.

I can’t speak to box office draw, but in terms of “fan disappointment”, I’ve been waiting for over 50 years for this, and I’ll be pleased, rather than disappointed if it’s not Krasinsky and Blunt.

But that’s just me, and other fans can speak for themselves.

For me, on a scale of 1-10, Krasinsky’s around a 7 and Blunt is a 4 or 5. Considering other casting we’ve seen from Marvel, I think they can do better.

Last edited:
I can’t speak to box office draw, but in terms of “fan disappointment”, I’ve been waiting for over 50 years for this, and I’ll be pleased, rather than disappointed if it’s not Krasinsky and Blunt.

But that’s just me, and other fans can speak for themselves.

For me, on a scale of 1-10, Krasinsky’s around a 7 and Blunt is a 4 or 5. Considering other casting we’ve seen from Marvel, I think they can do better.
i respect your opinion, if they do end up being cast/ or one of them, then perhaps a good trailer and story would convince you otherwise. I was not sold on Tom Holland after the casting announcement, but I admit he has nailed the role and it is hard to envision anyone else as Parker.

I think Blunt is a really fine actor who would do well in the role. Krasinsky would also fit well. I think it comes down to what kind of Reed/Sue you would like to see.

I think Blunt is a really fine actor who would do well in the role. Krasinsky would also fit well. I think it comes down to what kind of Reed/Sue you would like to see.

thats a good point. i suppose the type of reed and sue i want to see is maybe not as comic book accurate. if i did, i would go for margot robbie as sue and someone like the guy from the conjuring - patrick wilson as reed i think he is the most like reed based on acting and personality.

the krasinskis seem more like what kind of actors feige has been picking- left field but popular and have a pedigree in similar projects

thats a good point. i suppose the type of reed and sue i want to see is maybe not as comic book accurate. if i did, i would go for margot robbie as sue and someone like the guy from the conjuring - patrick wilson as reed i think he is the most like reed based on acting and personality.
Honestly, I get more of a Reed and Sue vibe from Krasinsk/Blunt than I do from Robbie/Wilson. It's Reed and Sue at their most mature, but I see it. I'd be happy if they got the spot, but I don't need it. If they went with unknowns, I suppose there would be more room in the budget for other things.

I think FF needs a big budget, or it suffers. I thought there should have been more money on the screen in all of the previous FF adaptations.

Honestly, I get more of a Reed and Sue vibe from Krasinsk/Blunt than I do from Robbie/Wilson. It's Reed and Sue at their most mature, but I see it. I'd be happy if they got the spot, but I don't need it. If they went with unknowns, I suppose there would be more room in the budget for other things.

I think FF needs a big budget, or it suffers. I thought there should have been more money on the screen in all of the previous FF adaptations.

imagine a FF with an Avengers-esque budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"