A scene explaining Thor's parentage?

Joeyjojo72

Superhero
Reaction score
Im probably in the minority here, but I would love a scene where Frigga mentions to Jane that shes Thor's stepmother and that Gaea is his true mother. A brief, but poingnant "breather" scene, that could expand the mythos (within the MCU anyway) while providing a bonding moment for Jane and the Asgardians. Plus, it helps to explain Thor's devotion to the earth and humanity - not to mention his power levels - while adding another layer of mystery. My two cents.

Im probably in the minority here, but I would love a scene where Frigga mentions to Jane that shes Thor's stepmother and that Gaea is his true mother. A brief, but poingnant "breather" scene, that could expand the mythos (within the MCU anyway) while providing a bonding moment for Jane and the Asgardians. Plus, it helps to explain Thor's devotion to the earth and humanity - not to mention his power levels - while adding another layer of mystery. My two cents.

While it would be an interesting scene and explain Thor's devotion and powers, I'm not clear on how it would prove to be a bonding moment for Jane and the Asgardians.

I am sure they could change it, but I believe in the MCU that they are going with Frigga being Thor's actual mother.

Yeah thats probably the case. Not a biggie, just something on my wish list.

Yeah I'd like to see something like that too, but with all that's supposed to happen, I'm not sure they'd include it in the theatrical release.

I am sure they could change it, but I believe in the MCU that they are going with Frigga being Thor's actual mother.

I'm certainly hoping for this. It really seems pointless and excessively baroque to add in an ancestry issue that only scarcely has relevance in the comic. Unless the plot is actually improve more than its muddied by making Thor half elder god, I see no reason for it.

I would agree. Plus I think that movieverse Thor's devotion to Earth and humanity is pretty clearly, directly because of Jane, her companions, and his experiences as a mortal in the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"