A.W. Phoenix Festa for the PSVita world wide release

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

PS Vita
[FONT=&quot]A.W. Phoenix Festa coming to Europe via PSN on July 26[/FONT]
Published 6 hours ago. 19 comments.
PS Vita game launches the same day in the Americas.

AW-Phoenix-Festa-EU-July-26.jpg

A.W. Phoenix Festa
will launch for PS Vita via PlayStation Network in Europe, the Middle-East, Africa, and Australasia on July 26 alongside the previously announced American release, Bandai Namco announced.

The Asterisk War: The Academy City of the Water Houka Kenran
, its upcoming PS Vita game

is based on the Asterisk War light novel, which is set in a post-apocalyptic 20th century where Integrated Enterprise Foundation is formed to recover from devastation and cities are reorganized. One city, called Rikka and also known as Asterisk, sees six academies hold tournaments called “Festas” that pit its students against each other.
Read more about the game below, via Bandai Namco:
A.W. Phoenix Festa combines dating sim mechanics and combat in one game and features its own original storyline dug out the light novel series. The game will let fans experience a challenging adventure with numerous endings and multiple outcomes. Players will start the game as main character Ayato or will create their Original Characters and goes about daily school life by making friends and competing in the Phoenix Festa tournament. They will have to train themselves in order to increase their fight abilities as they prepare their participation in the Phoenix Festa tournament.
action game based on The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water light novel, manga, and anime series.

In the 20th century, the Inertia destroyed many of Earth’s cities. A.W.: Phoenix Festa is set in Rikka, also known as Asterisk, a city with six academies. Students at these schools who possess Genestella, a sort of superpower, can compete in tournaments called Festas. Players follow Seidoukan Academy’s Ayato Amagiri or an original character they create. They’re able to train for the Phoenix Festa, make friends with NPCs, and perhaps even find love.

Asterisk-War-PSV-Main-Visual_11-13-15-280x401.jpg

heroine battle gameplay
showcasing characters Julis-Alexia, Claudia, Saya, and Kirin.

[YT]sTTGen-LNgw[/YT]

[YT]bOF6tw6PAK4[/YT]
Read More

PS Vita, A.W. Phoenix Festa, Bandai Namco, Europe, Japan Expo 2016, Release Dates

A.W. Phoenix Festa Will Receive A Simultaneous Worldwide Release. July 11, 2016 . 11:00am

A.W.: Phoenix Festa will arrive in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and other regions on July 26, 2016.

37 comments Read >

People wanting to participate in The Asterisk War won’t have long to wait. While the initial A.W.: Phoenix Festa release announcement only confirmed a July 26, 2016 release for the Americas, it will be coming to PlayStation Vitas worldwide. Bandai Namco has announced the game will be available in Africa, Australasia, Europe, and the Middle East on July 26, 2016 as well.

However, there will be no physical editions. A.W.: Phoenix Festa will be a PlayStation Store exclusive outside of Japan.

A.W. Phoenix Festa was originally released on the PlayStation Vita in Japan on January 28, 2016.

Read more stories about PlayStation Vita & A.W.: Phoenix Festa on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu & Siliconera

[FONT=&quot]
AW-Phoenix-3.jpg

A.W. : Phoenix Festa
has launched on PSN today for the PlayStation Vita console. This game is based off the popular Japanese light novel The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water.

The game itself is a dating sim / fighting game hybrid with multiple endings based on which character you have a relationship with. These relationships can be enhanced through conversation and battles with NPCs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There is also a launch trailer for your viewing pleasure.[/FONT]
[YT]PywBKR_T-Uk[/YT]
[FONT=&quot]The game retails for $39.99 and is a digital only release on PSN. You can check out the full press release below for more information.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC. RELEASES[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.W. : PHOENIX FESTA FOR THE PLAYSTATION VITA[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dueling, Tournaments, and Dating…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Just an Ordinary Day for Students in A.W. : Phoenix Festa[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SANTA CLARA, Calif., (July 26, 2016) — BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., the premier publisher of anime videogames today released a new entry in the Simulation Action genre with A.W. : Phoenix Festa™; available exclusively for the PlayStation®Vita handheld system via PlayStation®Network.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.W. : Phoenix Festa is based on a popular Japanese light novel — The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water, where in the 20th century a catastrophic event known as the Invertia leads to the destruction of many large cities on Earth. In order to recover from the devastation, the Integrated Enterprise Foundation is formed and cities are reorganized including one city called Rikka, also known as Asterisk. Within Asterisk, six academies hold tournaments called “Festas” pitting students from each academy against each other.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.W. : Phoenix Festa combines dating sim mechanics and combat in one game and features its own original storyline carved from the light novel series. The game will let fans experience a true love adventure with numerous endings. A.W. : Phoenix Festa will also offer players various options to enhance relationships between their favorite characters which can be influenced through battles and conversations with non-playable characters (NPCs). Players may start the game as main character Ayato or an original character and go about daily school life by making friends and competing in the “Phoenix Festa” tournament. Players also train themselves in order to increase their combat abilities as they prepare to participate in the “Phoenix Festa” tournament with their favorite characters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A.W. : PHOENIX FESTA is now available in the Americas exclusively for the PlayStation® Vita handheld system via PlayStation®Network. For more information about A.W. : Phoenix Festa or BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s other products go to: http://www.bandainamcoent.com/home.htmlor follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS or on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/bandainamcous. An A.W. : Phoenix Festa trailer can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywBKR_T-Uk.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]###[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive entertainment for all major video game consoles, iOS, Android, and online platforms. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises including PAC-MAN®, GALAGA®,TEKKEN®, SOULCALIBUR®, and ACE COMBAT®. BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is the premier publisher in the Western hemisphere for anime based video games including NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, DRAGON BALL Z®, and ONE PIECE®. More information about the company and its products can be found at http://www.bandainamcoent.com orwww.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]©2016 Yuu Miyazaki, PUBLISHED BY KADOKAWA CORPORATION / Asterisk Project[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]©2016 BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press Release © 2016 BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.[/FONT]

source: Operation Rainfall

A.W. Phoenix Festa’s Two Heroes Each Have Their Own Merits. August 2, 2016 . 12:00pm

A.W. Phoenix Festa lets you go through the story as Ayato,
the series’ hero, or an original student.
Each character’s route has its perks and failings.
22 comments Read >

A.W. Phoenix Festa is a PlayStation Vita game based on a light novel, manga, and anime series. Naturally, this means you could be following the plot of the story as you play. You either go through it as Ayato Amagiri, the hero, or an original hero you create. Interestingly enough, your decision greatly influences how you play.

I went with Ayato, because it felt like the natural way to play A.W. Phoenix Festa. Going through this route has tons of benefits. Your character starts out incredibly strong, with 255 attack, defense, insight, and speed stats all around. You end up being given the Ser-Veresta Lux a few days after joining Seidoukan Academy, an immediately powerful sword. Your proficiency level with it is high, so you can immediately use Meteor Arts. It almost feels like you’re getting to play the game on easy mode. The key word here is almost.

In addition to being a battling game with dating sim elements, A.W. Phoenix Festa is a life simulator. You manage your character’s day-to-day life and schedule. You decide what sort of training he undergoes, if he takes on part-time jobs for money to buy new Luxes, Lux modifications, and gifts for potential partners, when he makes date and duel appointments, and appropriate times to rest to restore life and demeanor. When you pick Ayato as your main character, it gives you less time to get a partner for the Phoenix Festa. You’re strong and capable, but you’re also on a much tighter deadline.

This means it can be very easy to falter on your first playthrough. Character appearances are random and the very first question you answer when you begin A.W. Phoenix Festa determines which character you’re going to have as a partner. The game doesn’t tell you this, so you only learn through trial and error. In order, the first answer puts you on Julis’ route, the second on Saya’s, the third on Claudia’s, and the last on Kirin’s. You’ll still be able to gain affection points with the other girls, but it will be pretty much impossible to get them as your partner. In addition, the events that can result in them showing up for date and gift-giving opportunities are random.

My first, failed playthrough offered a number of chances to check in with characters, perhaps because I wasn’t doing well. Saya and Claudia both repeatedly rejected my attempts to work with them, with the former saying she wasn’t entering the Phoenix Festa and the latter saying she was preparing for the Gryps Festa. I ended up without a partner after those two weeks, which meant my game was over. My second run, I ended up seeing fewer scenes and ending up on a date with Kirin. Time is of the essence.

Meanwhile, the create-a-character option allows you an original character. This person is generic, without the same sort of background as Ayato. A.W. Phoenix Festa doesn’t give you the chance to explore much of a backstory with him. It also keeps you from pursuing romance with one of the heroines. Instead, the original character is locked into more generic friendships with them. This character is also much weaker with low starting stats and can choose from a variety of weapons to use. The story is much weaker as well.

However, going with an original character in A.W. Phoenix Festa has its perks. Instead of two weeks, you get three months to prepare for the Phoenix Festa and find a partner. You aren’t “locked” into one weapon, so you can choose what you want. You have a greater opportunity to customize the character’s build. That means there’s also more of a chance to get more skills and max out each training option. In general, a run with this character will take longer and offers the added bonus of importing this new hero into the battle mode.

Sadly, there is one downside to this otherwise interesting mean of allowing people to explore A.W. Phoenix Festa’s story. You only get one save file. That means when you start a campaign, you have to complete it to pursue another story. Part of that is designed to make your decisions matter, but it can be quite frustrating when you start down one route, find that you’d rather go into the other, and have to wait to play it. Still, it’s an interesting mechanic that offers a reason to go through both stories. I recommend going through Ayato’s story first, to get a feel for the game, then move onto your own hero once you have an idea of what sort of build you’d like to explore.

A.W. Phoenix Festa is immediately available for the PlayStation Vita.

Read more stories about A.W.: Phoenix Festa & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

A.W. Phoenix Festa’s Battle Mode Is Good Practice. August 4, 2016 . 12:00pm

A.W. Phoenix Festa’s Battle mode isn’t terribly robust or challenging,
but it can help you learn how to use different characters and experiment with unexpected partners.
8 comments Read >

A.W. Phoenix Festa is an odd sort of game. It’s primarily a life simulator, where players follow Asterisk Wars’ Ayato or an original character through their school life as they train and prepare for the Phoenix Festa. Dating simulation elements are tossed in, since you can bond with your chosen partner as you attempt to climb the duelist ranks and prove yourself in battles. But, it’s also a fighting game that relies on beat’em up battles against one or two opponents to see who’s best. While this is an important part of the game, it often doesn’t feel as though it comes to the forefront. In fact, the game’s Battle mode feels more like a means of training for fights during the Story.

The Battle mode in A.W. Phoenix Festa is incredibly straightforward. You can engage in a battle versus the computer, an ad-hoc fight against another player, or try to survive through 100 battles in Survival mode. Three difficulty levels are available, allowing you to go from Normal to Strong or Tenacious. You determine everything, ranging from opponents, partners, arenas, and even background music. The only thing hidden away are additional characters, which open up as you go through the campaign.

It works well as a means of experimenting with the controls, testing characters, and seeing what you can accomplish within the game. While there are moments and matches in A.W. Phoenix Festa’s Story that allow you to decide which person you’ll use in a fight, it’s safer and more practical to try them out in a more controlled environment. Ayato and the original character tend to be more direct fighters, and the Battle mode lets you work with ranged characters like Saya and RM-C to get a better feel for their capabilities. It has a definite merit and purpose.

But, it doesn’t have the other incentives to encourage play outside of these experimental sessions. There is no arcade option in the Battle mode. There are no specific challenges to complete or goals to accomplish, as there are in Story’s jobs or missions. You set up a specific match and beat it. That’s it. It’s far more rudimentary, which is good for learning, but bad for longevity.

This is compounded by a battle system that isn’t exactly complicated. You have two standard sorts of attacks, triggered by the square and triangle buttons. Each character has a Meteo Art that can be used by pressing the left trigger and square at the same time. It’s also possible to use a Hyper Meteo Art if your health falls below 25%, but in the over 15 hours I’ve spent playing A.W. Phoenix Festa, I’ve never really had cause to use it. It plays like a more basic Dynasty Warriors game in terms of controls and fights, only against one opponent instead of many, and with a nearly-brainless targeting system that practically guarantees you hits as long as you lock-on with the circle button.

This all means Battle’s Survival option is one of the least challenging parts of A.W. Phoenix Festa. You can’t select difficulty here, as you do in the battles versus the computer. Instead, you choose one fighter and go through matches one after another, hoping you’ll succeed in the end. Each of the early matches can be over in a matter of seconds, especially if you use a Meteo Art, and a set amount of health is restored after every win. I went through 30 matches in Survival without seeing my health drop below half. The only reason I quit was the loading screen that appeared between each of these matches occasionally felt as long as the match itself.

Granted, the Battle mode doesn’t have to be substantial. It feels more like a supplement to aid the overall experience, and it does do that. This option gives you a chance to test out other characters in the game, especially ones you wouldn’t normally get to use throughout the course of A.W. Phoenix Festa. It’s more like a reward, in the same way the Gallery is. You don’t have to use it. It’s there to enjoy outside of the more meaty portion of the adventure.

All told, A.W. Phoenix Festa’s Battle mode is something I’d suggest testing, even with its flaws. Especially if you’re going with an original character. This gives you a chance to see what is possible with other partners, without having to completely restart the game. You can experiment with new experiences, seeing how other people might play. It certainly isn’t too daunting or challenging, but it’s a diversion that isn’t entirely without merit.

Also with

A.W. Phoenix Festa Encourages Replays. August 8, 2016 . 12:00pm

There’s quite a bit to unlock in A.W. Phoenix Festa,
but the game does its best to make each playthrough shorter than the last.

9 comments Read >

A.W. Phoenix Festa is a fairly large game. There are multiple heroines to pursue with not only the default hero from the Asterisk War series, Ayato, but also with an original character you create. There are characters to unlock in battle mode, with extra skills and nicknames to earn. It’s substantial. Fortunately, it works in such a way that you feel like it’s easy to go through multiple times to earn everything.

To start, A.W. Phoenix Festa is honestly rather short. At least, if you play as Ayato it is. You can finish one of his storylines in ten hours or less. Honestly, I found subsequent playthroughs went much more quickly, once I knew quiz answers and found a fighting groove. (Listen for the audio trigger with two beeps to determine if you’ve picked the correct response, for the former!) You get an idea of what schedule works, which makes the process more streamlined.

It also has skills, which carry over from one A.W. Phoenix Festa playthrough to the next. Once you’ve completed a run in which you earn an ability that can boost your experience in training or rewards from job, you have it forever. It’s going to show up for that character each time. For example, I’ve been going through the Ayato routes to unlock everything for him first. Because I kept doing jobs with him, since his skills are high enough to ensure he’ll win most battles without much trouble, I ended up getting Superstar Employee. It boosts the rewards I earn from each job and has reached level two due to the number of times I’ve forced Ayato to work. I did quite a bit of shopping in the gift shop, so Lester gave me a skill that offers me a permanent discount. Again, this makes each replay proceed much more swiftly.

The only downside to A.W. Phoenix Festa’s replayability is its randomness. You never know if or when certain events will happen, and some skills are tied to these random events. Take the skills that improve your friendship with a heroine. I’ve only unlocked Kirin’s, which doesn’t help much since she was the easiest character to win over in my playthroughs. You only maybe get this skill after finishing a job they ask you to do. This means you aren’t guaranteed traits that will make your current and future playthroughs easier and better.

But then, even this randomness helps. Every A.W. Phoenix Festa run is going to be different. You may not see the same events or encounter the same sorts of duels. It helps keep things fresh, even if you are on your fourth or fifth run through the game. This can result in some frustrations, especially when you’re trying to fill up the gallery with images. But on the whole, it’s easy to see why it was handled the way that it was. The goal is to make things more unexpected, to prevent the game from being stale. You want to see new things.

Which can mean going through the same route more than once. When playing as Ayato, your first choice in A.W. Phoenix Festa basically chooses your partner. If you come back to that decision point after earning some skills and gaining some experience, you can take that opportunity to try and go for another character while on a certain partner’s route. This leads to new images, which can result in 100% gallery completion.

But really, you’ll definitely want to play A.W. Phoenix Festa at least five times. There’s a hidden character lurking within the game, and the only way to meet and work with her is by first teaming up with Julis, Claudia, Saya, and Kirin. You can get a glimpse of her in the Battle mode, as she’s immediately unlocked there. But the only way to learn absolutely everything there is to know about Sylvia is to first befriend every other option available.

Efficient is a good word for A.W. Phoenix Festa. It’s set up in such a way that people will have to play multiple times to accomplish everything, but the game works to make each playthrough shorter than the last. If you’re doing your best and investigating each area, taking on jobs from partners and properly training, there’s a good chance you’ll stumble upon the right requirements to unlock skills that will allow you to level up more quickly, befriend partners with less effort, and get better deals on items and equipment improvements. There is a random element to everything, but it can be overcome with enough patience.

source: Siliconera

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"