ABC's Art House.

ABC,
Keep up the good work, anatomy is a tought nut to crack without practice and reference... for someone who is 13, you are doing great!

Your coloring is getting much better, keep at...

Word

Excelsior - thanks for giving the kid a gee up too

ABC You keep at it son - dont give up and if someone gives you flack and abuse - seriously try to ignore them

God knows I find it hard to do that - but you just get plain sarcastic people

A really good artist - will at least try and help you out

I'm learning to redraw after being blind and its a very tough struggle

Try and use Action figures from The MArvel Legends line for their poseability and try and draw from them to begin with

Use photos as reference - get a few good drawing guides like the "How to draw the marvel way" or the wizard edition

Both can really help you - a few young artists here have Pmed me asking advice and such and i help them out when i can

I'm glad to really say that Spiderfan08 is one of my best students - his manip work is superb these days

Makes me look crap :) LOL

Keep your chin up kid and remember for every guy that wants to knock you down theres also guys like Excelsior the moderator....

And me a Humble deadeye knight

deDIKnight said:
Word

Excelsior - thanks for giving the kid a gee up too

ABC You keep at it son - dont give up and if someone gives you flack and abuse - seriously try to ignore them

God knows I find it hard to do that - but you just get plain sarcastic people

A really good artist - will at least try and help you out

I'm learning to redraw after being blind and its a very tough struggle

Try and use Action figures from The MArvel Legends line for their poseability and try and draw from them to begin with

Use photos as reference - get a few good drawing guides like the "How to draw the marvel way" or the wizard edition

Both can really help you - a few young artists here have Pmed me asking advice and such and i help them out when i can

I'm glad to really say that Spiderfan08 is one of my best students - his manip work is superb these days

Makes me look crap :) LOL

Keep your chin up kid and remember for every guy that wants to knock you down theres also guys like Excelsior the moderator....

And me a Humble deadeye knight

I know it would be hard to draw after being blind for a decade, but I'm curious, what's the hard part, no practice? And did you draw for DarkHorse? Valorman said so. Anyways, do you have any pieces of art before you got blind that we could see?

Anyways, just stick with the new programs and learn the pen tool buddy! Also, I thought you were 12??

Djsupes

I know it would be hard to draw after being blind for a decade, but I'm curious, what's the hard part, no practice? And did you draw for DarkHorse? Valorman said so. Anyways, do you have any pieces of art before you got blind that we could see?

I cant make up my mind if you are being sarcastic or not DJ - but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt this once

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION DJSUPES

I would have told you about this in PM - but Excelsior has told me never to try and contact you by PM again, as you seem to keep misunderstanding me and that both of us should cool out

So Hope this satisfies your curiosity

I was going to work for Darkhorse as a starwars artist, but my sight gave - a birth defect caught up with me - now, that I'm 40 - I have my sight back nearly ten years later

I'm trying very hard to pick up where I left off

Why is it hard you ask?
Because after nearly a decade of darkness, hand eye co-ordination and visual memory goes

The mojo, if you will, has to be found again

I havent got much in the way of my oldwork - I had to sell my comicbook artwork, comics and Vinyl record collections off to collectors to raise cash for private medical care to try and restore my sight

(My car, old PC, Cameras and sculptures were sold off too)

The ops were only partly successful - I only have sight in one eye and thats reduced - I cant focus for long while looking down -only straight ahead

So I cant read, write or draw without a PC

I only have a few sketch books and a half completed Vader strip left - maybe a few more things but I'll have to look for them and I've moved so many times because of racism I suffer that the old stuff maybe gone for good

But surely my Work that I do these days is much more important?
Drawing with a physical handicap?

I'm doing decent artwork coming back from a disability and continuing on and improving with each piece i do

I may or may not get back to the standard I was

But my mission in life - if i cant make it - is to try and help out any struggling would be Comic artist or writer - be it direct practical help, a kind word or constructive criticism

And ABC needs as much encouragement as possible and help with anatomy

I saw you asking him for commissions

Again I thought that was a tad sarcastic of you - but I could be wrong

I, on the otherhand do undertake commissioned work - some are on these art threads

I may not be the fastest or the best - but i do good work and am well paid for it

And did you think I was really 12?

LOL - thats funny man - I'm very young at heart I guess

when you get to my age and infirmnity thru disability - you want to turn back the clock anyway you can

I teach my daughters and sons art when i'm not being a workaholic writing and drawing on PC

And I draw everything with Jasc Paintshop pro and a half-knackered mouse (no Wacom tablet yet) - I'm new to PC art

WOW. :eek: Thanks for all the comments guys!

Youre welcome ABC buddy

Anytime you want any tuition - and I aint too busy

Hit me up for some advice:)

Being still disabled, I'm always inside mostly

No, ABC 12, not you haha. Commissions was sarcastic, I thought he would know that, but I think the outlines of Nightwing and what not are great for 12 (if you wern't looking at anything).

What are you DJsupes, 15 yearsold?

And can you draw?

If so, I'd like to see some please

I really admire guys like ABC - cos it takes balls of adamantium to post stuff that is in its beginning stages

Stuff that unfortunately is open to attack and sarcasm by others

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

So never engage in a battle of wits when you are low on ammunition

Actually, I am 15. And I'll post some drawings I pencilled and inked out when I was 12 within this next couple of days.

I should have up by Friday, I don't feel like scanning so I'll just take pics when my digicam comes in *which should be friday*.

I will say that we probably don't need an Anatomy for Beginners thread of any kind--it would get cluttered, and there really are so many good books on the subject. If you hit your local bookshop, you can find many a book on anatomy for the artist, at which point it's just a question of skimming them quickly to see which one speaks to you most. I find it most helpful to use anatomy books that illustrate in line art without a lot of shading--comic art is quite stripped down, and studying anotomy reduced to linework was more helpful to me than some full-on greyscale/color rendering by a medical artist.

I agree with deadEYE about using action figures for reference---I like spider-man figures--for some reason, Spidey figures seem to get the most articulation (I have one with 48 points of articulation, including each freaking finger) so are the most poseable, and spidey's got such a clean look as a character that he's easy to use as a reference to build other clothing or costumes on.

ABC, keep working at it---what I would try to give as constructive criticism it to look at some art books and concentrate on lessons of visualizing 3d forms, first--to me, right now it looks like you're making the classic error of thinking in terms of contour and line, instead of form and volume.

And don't worry about that, because every artist on this board made that mistake at some point. I did, I'm sure deadEYE did, Bane did--all of us... Thinking in terms of line instead of form is the single most common beginner error---and if you look at art thru the ages, you'll see that pretty much every artist ever thought in terms of line up until the Renaissance--so it took us as a species a few thousand years to devolop perspective, lighting and form in paintings and drawings--so there's no shame in thinking that way at the tender age of 13.

And, *Ahem* there are artists making a carreer---dare I say it, who were considered to be a "Hot" artist who have terrible anatomy issues--I will cite Rob Liefield and Todd McFarlane as examples.

(I suppose one day I'll scan in some of the stuff I did at 12 to 16 or so and post it in my thread sometime--I still have a few folders of them lying around.)

Keep it up and ignore the sarcastic--they won't help you, so why let them hurt you?

I just scanned a zillion pictures. They are more recent.

I will say that we probably don't need an Anatomy for Beginners thread of any kind--it would get cluttered, and there really are so many good books on the subject. If you hit your local bookshop, you can find many a book on anatomy for the artist, at which point it's just a question of skimming them quickly to see which one speaks to you most. I find it most helpful to use anatomy books that illustrate in line art without a lot of shading--comic art is quite stripped down, and studying anotomy reduced to linework was more helpful to me than some full-on greyscale/color rendering by a medical artist.

I agree with deadEYE about using action figures for reference---I like spider-man figures--for some reason, Spidey figures seem to get the most articulation (I have one with 48 points of articulation, including each freaking finger) so are the most poseable, and spidey's got such a clean look as a character that he's easy to use as a reference to build other clothing or costumes on.

ABC, keep working at it---what I would try to give as constructive criticism it to look at some art books and concentrate on lessons of visualizing 3d forms, first--to me, right now it looks like you're making the classic error of thinking in terms of contour and line, instead of form and volume.

And don't worry about that, because every artist on this board made that mistake at some point. I did, I'm sure deadEYE did, Bane did--all of us... Thinking in terms of line instead of form is the single most common beginner error---and if you look at art thru the ages, you'll see that pretty much every artist ever thought in terms of line up until the Renaissance--so it took us as a species a few thousand years to devolop perspective, lighting and form in paintings and drawings--so there's no shame in thinking that way at the tender age of 13.

And, *Ahem* there are artists making a carreer---dare I say it, who were considered to be a "Hot" artist who have terrible anatomy issues--I will cite Rob Liefield and Todd McFarlane as examples.

(I suppose one day I'll scan in some of the stuff I did at 12 to 16 or so and post it in my thread sometime--I still have a few folders of them lying around.)

Keep it up and ignore the sarcastic--they won't help you, so why let them hurt you?

SOLID advice - way to go Triem bro

Triem - I liked you as an artist and colorist

I like you even more as a person now

Thanks for giving ABC the respect and encouragement he needs

And I agree with Triem - that 48-52 point articulation spiderman 15"- is one of the better drawing aids

To change him into other superheroes of the Tights and Trunks Brigade model some plasticine on his mask in to facial features and not over the whole figure where light and shadow hit

Even use an angle poise table lamp to changed light direction and shadow ad learn how to use that shadow to give your character more depth and 3D quality

Or Volume as Triem said

ABC - keep your chin up and your pencil down kiddo:) :up:

i thought about getting that 15' spiderman toy myself. really good reference. any pose you want. keep at it ABC.

oooh... a 15" Spidey? I'm thinking too small--the two that I've got are 6" figures, and one of them lives in my car. (One of them used to have magnets in his feet and Insurgo and I used to posr that sucker since he'd stick to my car's ashtray...but I digress)

I must go toy shopping, soon, tho.

Thank you deadEYE, I try--I just don't like to see anyone taking abuse... especially on message boards. I mean what is the point in being a jerk to someone you don't know?

ABC, what software do you use to color?

Yup

15" spidey - its got all articulated fingers

all ball and pivot joints - and a working web shooter

Great value for annoying your pet and for drawing from:cool: :up:

djsupes said:
Do you do commissions? I'd love to have some of your work for my personal collection, I think that Nightwing would look GREAT next to Jim Lee's Nightwing drawing. Thanks!

Kyle

you're not funny, so **** and stop wasting server space.

Ok, finally got the pics to work!

I drew all of these. I will color them later, you are free to color them also(I recommend it)

Spiderman Rediseign (it's on notebook paper, cuz i did it in science class)

spideyrede7gg.png

Dark Claw, yes his nose is f**ked up.

dclaw2ep.png

battle1280X1024.jpg

It's that girl on the right.

girl4qi.png

B to the U to the M to the P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"