ABC's Fresh off the Boat

I was undecided at first but I'm going to keep on watching it I think. It's definitely getting better.

I'm sure Sawyer would be happy to see Parker Young guest starring tonight.

The mother makes the show.

Yeah, I don't get what he thinks he's going to accomplish. It was sold to be developed into a family sitcom on friggin ABC. What did he expect? If he wanted "gritty", he should have gone for HBO or something. He has no room to complain and looks more like he's doing it to try and get publicity for himself.

Well I love the show so its a win/win for me.

Yeah, I don't get what he thinks he's going to accomplish. It was sold to be developed into a family sitcom on friggin ABC. What did he expect? If he wanted "gritty", he should have gone for HBO or something. He has no room to complain and looks more like he's doing it to try and get publicity for himself.

Exactly.

Huang seems like he just wants controversy for attention. Im guessing he wont do the narration in season 2, presuming there will be one

Last edited:
I've been steadily watching this since it premiered. Unlike Black-ish, it doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to do stand out as "we're not white people!" and instead it just shows an asian family being a family. There is no forced contemplation in it. Clearly they are asian and have asian attributes but they feel natural and normal.

I've been steadily watching this since it premiered. Unlike Black-ish, it doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to do stand out as "we're not white people!" and instead it just shows an asian family being a family. There is no forced contemplation in it. Clearly they are asian and have asian attributes but they feel natural and normal.

Agreed.

Even though Black-ish makes me laugh, The funniest episodes to me are the ones that don't necessarily have to do with race.
Like the episode when Dre caught his son with his "alone time" or the episode last week.

9/10.

almost every character was as funny as it gets. i wonder if they planned to make the mom so funny or were they suprised with Wu?

I've been watching this On Demand, but got off track right from the start when the 2nd episode was gone from the menu before I watched the first. I want to watch them in order, so I've been watching them as they pop up in reruns. The problem is, they've been airing the reruns in completely the wrong order. For instance, I've watched the first 8 eps and am waiting for ep #9. However, they've already rerun eps #10, 12 & 13. So I'm hoping they'll rerun #9 before the other 3 expire from the menu. So far I've been lucky. I've even had an episode I was waiting for air the same day the next episode was expiring, so I had to watch it live and then watch the next episode before it expired at midnight. Anyway, I'm liking the show! (explains why I'd jump through all these hoops lol)

8rZDKWQ.gif
jVoiUUk.gif

hSCZQte.gif

shn5Qax.gif

8kkgWcH.gif

jjvF5yg.gif

Last edited:
I tried watching this show a couple of times and I guess I'm the only person that doesn't like the mom.

the mom grows on you. Really love this show though. It's like Malcolm but with an asian family, and it's great.

the mom grows on you. Really love this show though. It's like Malcolm but with an asian family, and it's great.

I look forward to Randall Park's Emmy-winning future career playing a meth dealer in a gritty and moving cable drama.

Since he's asian I suspect instead of meth they might make it heroin.

^There's an inside joke there someone I just didn't catch.

Glad to see that. I think Dr Ken is going to get canceled leaving this as the only asian family series on the air.

I kinda stopped watching for a while but got back on board this season, and I seriously think it's one of the more underrated comedies on tv. Jessica basically stole the main character shtick from Eddie though.

After the real Eddie Huang basically **** all over it I'm not surprised they shifted the focus on it. Though Constance Wu is awesome and so is Randall Park. They have a good chemistry together. She plays the straight woman to his more relaxed personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"