The Official Mass Effect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I never got that, his character was fine, nothing really special about him. Typical and rather cliché military companion, he's fun but he doesn't have much depth. I would rather Thane than Vega tbh.

I wanted to travel back in time and drop Vega off with Kaiden and have 'em both get blown to hell.

I wanted to travel back in time and drop Vega off with Kaiden and have 'em both get blown to hell.

tumblr_inline_n0xank4QH11sohk3w.gif

I blew up Ashley. I found Kaiden was a lot more fun.

I could never see a logical reason to choose Ashley over Kaiden. Kaiden certainly turned a bit during the middle, but from his perspective it made sense.

Thane was my favourite of all the companions.

I could never see a logical reason to choose Ashley over Kaiden. Kaiden certainly turned a bit during the middle, but from his perspective it made sense.

Thane was my favourite of all the companions.

I saved her bc she was my love interest, even though I hated her. I really didnt care for any of the ME1 companions. ME2 was where it was at. Miranda, Jack, Mordin, Jacob, Kasumi, Zaeed, Thane were among my favorites

they're practically the same damn character.

Not really. How do you even figure? Ashley was a loud abrasive xenophobe. Kaiden was much more grounded and nowhere near as hostile as her. Personality wise, they were different, they had different character arcs and of course their abilities and role in the squad was different

Not really. How do you even figure? Ashley was a loud abrasive xenophobe. Kaiden was much more grounded and nowhere near as hostile as her. Personality wise, they were different, they had different character arcs and of course their abilities and role in the squad was different
i only mean post Me1, because I got to play that only once. their important interactions with shepard had very little differences between them.

I saved her bc she was my love interest, even though I hated her. I really didnt care for any of the ME1 companions. ME2 was where it was at. Miranda, Jack, Mordin, Jacob, Kasumi, Zaeed, Thane were among my favorites

Oh yeah, I forgot about Zaeed. I hated him at first, but really liked him later on. I also thought Samara was a really interesting character, if not quite as relatable as the others.

My reasons for killing (or rather, letting her die) Ashley every time was, Kaiden always got assigned to arm the bomb because he was more tech savvy and the stronger of the two -he could protect it better. The bomb was the mission, it had to go off. Then when everything goes to hell and the enemy are closing in, there's no guarantee they won't get to the bomb and disarm it. I had three (or so) different versions of Shepard and each time the mission was priority number one.

Ashley was annoying and tended to whine a lot. Kaiden just kind of went passive for a while and besides the biotics made for a lot of fun when fighting as opposed to Ashley just shooting everything. Lift and throw are the most fun combination when near drops.

I did get a little annoyed by Kaiden constantly yelling "Enemy is everywhere!!!". Although it was pretty funny when he'd yell that, and there was obviously no enemies around for miles.

I found he yelled that when they went flying overhead and off a cliff. He was right though, they were everywhere. :p

Mass-Effect-4-E3-2014-Galaxy-Map.jpg

does this look like a galaxy to you guys? or more like a nebula or star cluster?

Looks more like the Time Vortex from Doctor Who. :p

Ashley suffered from ME3's writing. She was fine on the first one, Kaidan was.... total bland.

Nuked.

nah, she sucked in the first one

Each to their own, I find her unbearable in ME3, with her blind suspicious and everything. I still find it funny when she accuses me of 'cheating' on her with Miranda back at the hospital.

Make sense, Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"