ABC's Single Parents - From the Team Behind 'New Girl'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
I hesitate to create a thread for pilot season stuff, just because you never know if the network will actually pull the trigger, but the mixture of writers and actors here is just too good...

Taran Killam, Leighton Meester & Brad Garrett Cast In ‘Single Parents’ ABC Pilot
SNL alum Taran Killam, Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) and Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond) have closed deals for lead roles in ABC comedy pilot Single Parents, from New Girl creator/executive producer Liz Meriwether and former writer J.J. Philbin and 20th Century Fox TV.

Written by Philbin based on a story by her and Meriwether, and directed by Jason Winer, Single Parents revolves around a group of dysfunctional single parents who lean on one another as they raise their kids, look for love and ultimately realize survival is only possible with the help of one another.

Killam will play Will Cooper, a single dad whose daughter is his whole world – but, because of his devotion to her, he’s forgotten how to be a man. Meester will portray Angie, mom to an overly attached son whom she is doing everything she can to protect for as long as possible. She’s scrappy, strong and has had to hustle as a single mom for years to make ends meet. Garrett plays Douglas, a rich, retired, country club member who’s “not-not racist.” He has an old school mentality on both parenting and gender roles, and easily throws money at whatever problems he faces, no matter how small.
I love this.

Ordered to Series
ABC also picked comedy Single Parents to series. The project, which hails from JJ Philbin and Liz Meriweather, stars Taran Killam, Leighton Meester, Kimrie Lewis, Jake Choi, Marlow Barkley, Tyler Wladis, Devin Trey Campbell, Grace Hazelett, Sadie Hazelett and Brad Garrett.

Here’s the logline: “This ensemble comedy follows a group of single parents as they lean on each other to help raise their 7-year-old kids and maintain some kind of personal lives outside of parenthood. The series begins when the group meets Will, a 30-something guy who’s been so focused on raising his daughter that he’s lost sight of who he is as a man. When the other single parents see just how far down the rabbit hole of PTA, parenting and princesses Will has gone, they band together to get him out in the dating world and make him realize that being a great parent doesn’t mean sacrificing everything about your own identity.”

Dc8bHwRUQAAXpdM.jpg

Cast pic is as 80s-90s sitcom as it gets, but I trust the creative team.

[YT]9vujgmSPp0c[/YT]

Premieres tonight after Modern Family. Everything I've heard has been good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"