• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Actual age vs. physical age

Emma Frost seemed to be in her 30s when she first appeared. But apparently she's 28 now.:huh:

Emma Frost seemed to be in her 30s when she first appeared. But apparently she's 28 now.:huh:

See, she knows about the botox.:up:

I mean, really, i would lie about my age to get a hottie like scottie.:eek:

That was horrible, im sorry:csad:

Well I've calculated what a lot of characters Should be based on the fact that it's been 13 years since the Fantastic Four had their accident. Some of it is conjecture, but here's how I do it.

Doctor Doom was 18 at Empire State University. After being expelled, I always figured it 10 years seemed like a believable amount of time between his college accident and his first appearance in FF vol 1 #5.

So 18+10= Doom was 28 in his first appearance, which was 12-14 years ago in Marvel continuity.

Doctor Doom is about 41 with a possible deviation of two years either way....I have a whole list of approximated ages...but I'm not sure anyone wants to hear them.

forgiven.:o

It'd be more interesting if they'd kept her at about 34. Not sure how old Scott's supposed to be, but imagine it's younger.

forgiven.:o

It'd be more interesting if they'd kept her at about 34. Not sure how old Scott's supposed to be, but imagine it's younger.

okay, you made me do it...haha.

in his first appearance, I give Cyclops the arbitrary age of 17. He's still a teenager, but he's old enough to be viewed as a leader by other teenagers.

According to one issue of the Fantastic Four published this decade, it had been 13 years since their transformation. Given the sliding time scale, X-Men would've formed at the same time...making Cyclops approximately 13 years older than he was in his first appearance.

Which would make Scott 30.

Yeah, I'm waiting for them to address this apparent retcon myself...she is definitely being written a lot younger...now she's a peer to Scott and Jean. Maybe they'll reveal Emma was mind controlling everyone's perception of her in the 80's. She was power hungry back then and she's been portrayed as someone who always wanted status and power...maybe she was making everyone think she was 10 years older so they'd respect her more...?

They've completely Retconned Reed and Ben in WW2, and even nam. The current implied ages for Reed and Ben are early 40s, Sue in her early-mid 30s, Johnny in his late 20's-early 30s.

At one point Ben said that it was a ridiculous rumor or something, denying that he was old enough to fight in either war.

really?
I thought that trip to the skrull empire because of an aging ray that reed needed to reverse put him, ben, and sue them back to Johnny's age???:dry:

Professor X's current body is a clone of his original. While they did not specifically say so, I assume that Sikorsky stopped the aging of the clone at his physical prime since it was the most sensible thing to do.

When Jean died the first time one story had a picture of her tombstone. The birth year on the tombstone was 1956.

really?
I thought that trip to the skrull empire because of an aging ray that reed needed to reverse put him, ben, and sue them back to Johnny's age???:dry:
I assumed it was a timeline shift, like how Reed originally built the space shuttle to beat the Commies in the space race, but it later changed to Reed building the shuttle For SCIENCE! :ff:

Professor X's current body is a clone of his original. While they did not specifically say so, I assume that Sikorsky stopped the aging of the clone at his physical prime since it was the most sensible thing to do.

When Jean died the first time one story had a picture of her tombstone. The birth year on the tombstone was 1956.

Death year was 1980. You'd think she'd be well into her 30s then, if she aged a year every two years, like she did in the first 17 years of the comic.

But hey, it took Spider-Man 7 years to turn 22, and an additional 38 to turn 29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"