Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg in THAT'S MY BOY.

protocida

Avenger
Reaction score
Donnys-Boy-Andy-Samberg-Adam-Sandler-16jan2012.jpg

That's My Boy (formerly I Hate You, Dad and Donny's Boy) is an upcoming movie directed by Sean Anders and John Morris, and written by David Caspe, Ken Marino and David Wain.

Adam Sandler plays Donny, a troublemaker who had a son with his school teacher when he was 12. The boy, Todd, played by Andy Samberg, parts ways from his father and soon becomes engaged to a wealthy young woman, Christina, played by Leighton Meester. Meanwhile, Donny finds out he has to pay missing taxes to the IRS in a matter of days or be sent to prison. Hoping to win over his son in order for Todd to lend him some money, Donny moves in with him and him and Christina, wreaking havoc in their mild-mannered life.

The cast also includes Susan Sarandon as Donny's teacher and baby mother; James Caan as Leighton Meester's character's father; Ciara as Donny's stripper friend; Milo Ventimiglia; and Vanilla Ice.

The movie is rated "R" and will be released June 15, 2012. Here's the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
this actually looks really funny. nice to see Sandler going back to doing this type of comedy. i've lost hope for him with his most recent family/children friendly films.

Hahaha I think I might see a new Sandler movie. Never thought Id say that again.

That looked funny, but this already had my money back when I heard that Sandler and Samberg were playing father and son.

I didn't think it was funny, but credit to Sandler for resurrecting Rob Van Winkle's film career.

I wish Sandler played the Dad with his normal voice.

Yeah , the voice was kind of annoying but this should be funnier than anything he's done since Happy Gilmore.

Just hard for me to buy into Sandler playing the father of Samberg. Samberg is in his 30's and looks the part.

Are they going to say Sandler's character had him at like 16? I know he's in his 40's now but onscreen he doesn't look that old.

Just hard for me to buy into Sandler playing the father of Samberg. Samberg is in his 30's and looks the part.

Are they going to say Sandler's character had him at like 16? I know he's in his 40's now but onscreen he d

oesn't look that old.

I could buy Andy being in his late 20's. He still looks young; serious I thought he was still in his 20s not 33.

Last edited:
Sandler's character is supposed to have fathered Samberg's character at age 12.

This might be a terrible movie, but the concept and casting is brilliant, considering that Samberg is often seen as the spiritual comedic successor to Sandler.

Samberg is a lot more talented than Sandler, and I like Sandler to a certain degree. I'm just disappointed that Sandler would aim at the lowest common denominator as of late, when we all know he can do better.

Sandler's character is supposed to have fathered Samberg's character at age 12.
Gross. I mean the thing is, Sandler's character doesn't look that old and Samberg looks like he's in his 30's.

Sandler's character had Samberg's character when he was 12 years old with his teacher, who is played by Susan Sarandon. Funny thing is that on 30 Rock, she plays another character who was a teacher who had a relationship with her student. :oldrazz:

Sandler's character had Samberg's character when he was 12 years old with his teacher, who is played by Susan Sarandon. Funny thing is that on 30 Rock, she plays another character who was a teacher who had a relationship with her student. :oldrazz:

Between this, 30 Rock and the Motherlover video, Susan's basically spent the last year acting out the fantasy of every man who watched Rocky Horror as a child.

Trailer was decent, not great.

However, after the year Sandler's had and the turds he's had a hand in making, this might as well be Citizen Kane.

Looks pretty mediocre. Watching the trailer you never actually get the vibe that sandler is actually sambergs father aside from them repeating it to you. They look more like buddies or brothers.

Have to say I actually enjoyed this compared to his more recent efforts. Jack and Jill, Funny People, Just Go With It, Grown Ups among others were forgettable at best I thought. Really enjoyed Reign Over Me though. Definitely one of his best if I may say so myself. I just wish he would do more dramatic roles as he's more than capable of the task.

That's My Boy I thought was a welcome return to form.

It looks bad !

Sandler's stock "joke around voice" just annoys me at this point.

I hope it bombs!

2nd movie this year that I walked out of. Not once did I laugh and Sandler's voice my God its so damn irritating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"