Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg in THAT'S MY BOY.

The reviews are not that bad to be honest. Basically saying it's kind of a return to form, to his 90s stuff. Which we all watched, don't even lie.

The reviews are not that bad to be honest. Basically saying it's kind of a return to form, to his 90s stuff. Which we all watched, don't even lie.

His 90s stuff was great. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore.

"You're going to die clown!!!"

So, does this movie have camoes from David Spade and Rob Schneider. You can't have an Adam Sandler movie without those two.

The only thing good about the preview was the women. This movie looks like the lowest tier of crap I have ever seen. Well, by Sandler's standards I guess it looks alright next to Jack and Jill. Still, it doesn't look to be one of his better films. His "comedy" is bankrupt.

This wouldve looked better in Adam Sandler wasnt doing such a stupid voice

That's what people pay to see. Him doing stupid voices.

My friend saw this tonight. He said it was better than the garbage movies Jack and Jill and Bucky Larson. He said that there was some real laughs here so he said it worth seeing at like a matine or when it hits redbox. I am planning on seeing it at a matinee Sunday.

Last edited:
I saw the last 10-15 minutes. I'm not going to lie, this is worse than Jack and Jill. And as bad as the latter was, it was sporadically funny. This movie... not funny at all.

This is not a return to 1990s Sandler fare... as crude as those were, they were laugh-out-loud funny. Whoever said that TMB was a return to form deserves some b**ch slapping.

I'll have a video review tomorrow but actually really enjoyed myself here.

Yeah, it was a terrible stupid dumb...thing. But I laughed my ass off quite a few times and there was some channeling to the good old 90s Sandler. The only thing is that the movie was rated R and all of his classics are PG-13.

Perhaps the R rating was lazy in some cases because while there were a couple clever jokes...most of it was pure ridiculousness just for the sake of gross out humor.

This is a step in the right direction though, believe it or not. Now Sandler has to find a way to maintain his classic humor but was a more friendly audience. And then maybe, we'll witness the next Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison or Waterboy!

How that guy keeps getting work in Hollywood is beyond me. He ought to be doing sitcoms by now.

Friend of mine is a HUGE Adam Sandler fan still, we made a pact to see as many films this summer since 2012 is gonna be huge and we went to the midnight showing.

I've been starting to write reviews of films for my own blog and I posted
this as soon as I got home. Please read and let me know what you think!

It was Kurt Cobain that once said it was “better to burn out, than to fade away”. Of course he didn’t actually say this more so he was quoting a famous Neil Young song in a suicide note before he would take his life in 1994, but I completely understand where he’s coming from in quoting this. When you reach a certain point and you feel you have nothing left to give or say artistically, at what point do you become a shadow of your former self and continue to tarnish your legacy. Is it because some are so used to that little glimmer of spotlight that even at your lowest point when you have nothing genuine to give, you risk everything that came before just to capture on the audience’s attention? When you’re burnt out and are sleep walking through performances or just don’t have the same get up and go, why continue? Why risk fading away?

Kurt Cobain wrote that quote in a note before he blew his head off. At about a half hour into watching That’s My Boy, the new comedy from Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, I wanted to pull a Kurt Cobain.

Many people have mentioned that Adam Sandler’s career has become like the posters in the wall of Funny People, he’s almost a parody of what he used to be back in his late 90s heyday. The man hasn’t made a worthy comedy since the start of the new millennium and his track record shows that it’s not looking like it’s about to change. This was one of the worst movie experiences I have ever gone through and it’s actually making me question whether or not this is damaging his previous films to me. I grew up enjoying Billy Madison, Little Nicky & the Waterboy but even looking back now, Adam Sandler movies did have a tendency to be redundant….but that usually didn’t matter because of how funny the films were with the good character moments you got. Those moments are all but gone now and even when they do try to squeeze it down your throat (this is an Adam Sandler comedy after all) it feels too stereotypical and extremely forced.

It’s a shame that Andy Samberg has to be a part of such a terrible film as the man is creative and Hot Rod is easily one of the funniest cult comedies of our generation, but he plays straight man to an Adam Sandler character that wouldn’t even be funny in a ten minute Saturday Night Live skit and that’s just sad. The man is easily regarded as making SNL relavent again with his digital shorts but it’s so depressing to see how he is handled in this movie. The movie is rated R and there’s no reasoning behind this besides cruder, unfunny sex jokes…more swearing….and….I can’t even think of what else. There’s nothing new in this film you couldn’t find in any previous PG-13 Adam Sandler film of the past couple of years besides being an uglier film all around.

It’s a simple story, kid has an affair with his teacher…the teacher has a kid…the kid who made a kid becomes famous, neglects his son and wants to reconnect with him after all these years. The stuff that goes on in between all of this makes little to no sense at times but it doesn’t necessarily matter because your brain should be turned off when you see a movie like this; yet even with a nonsensical plot….you have to wonder (as a friend told me) does he even watch his movies when they’re all done? Does he realize how horribly unfunny they are?

It’s one thing if it’s a bad movie and it works. The popular opinion is Bucky Larson is a horrible film and while I can agree it’s no Caddyshack, the movie makes no apologies for what it is and runs with it…and ends up being somewhere on the dot of being oddly watchable. I think this has a lot to do with Nick Swardson’s performance and it’s a performance in a bad film that makes it enjoyable. That’s My Boy has some of the most unlikeable characters that could have never have saved such an awful story and the cameos in the film are the stuff of b-movie acting.
I don’t why films like these get made; I have no idea why Jack & Jill even got made. Why is Adam Sandler doing this? Does he enjoy taking your money with his crap ideas? Regardless of his reasoning, he’s laughing all the way to bank with my money and shame on me for thinking anything too highly of the man these days

1 / 10

So glad this bombed. $13 mil opening weekend with a bloated turd budget of $70 mil. Go away Adam Sandler please.

I saw the last 10-15 minutes. I'm not going to lie, this is worse than Jack and Jill. And as bad as the latter was, it was sporadically funny. This movie... not funny at all.

This is not a return to 1990s Sandler fare... as crude as those were, they were laugh-out-loud funny. Whoever said that TMB was a return to form deserves some b**ch slapping.
Watching 10-15 minutes doesn't give you the right to say this is worse than Jack & Jill. That's My Boy may not be a great Sandler flick, but its miles ahead of Jack & Jill.

I saw about 2/3rds of it does that give me the right to say its just as bad because it was.

In no way shape or form is this as bad as Jack & Jill. I couldn't finish that movie, you can at least sit through this, and there are some funny gags in here, unlike Jack & Jill.

There's nothing funny in this movie. Sambergs character is completely unlikeable. We are suppose to like Sandlers character even though he is the lowest of lows of people, he's scum. And his voice, goodness gracious his voice is so irritating. I wasn't the only person to walk out of the theater during this movie.

There's nothing funny in this movie. Sambergs character is completely unlikeable. We are suppose to like Sandlers character even though he is the lowest of lows of people, he's scum. And his voice, goodness gracious his voice is so irritating. I wasn't the only person to walk out of the theater during this movie.
Literally almost every Sandler character is a scumbag in some way. That's kind of his thing. Complaining about the voices? Sounds like your problem isn't with the movie, but Sandler himself.

I never saw Jack and Jill and don't ever plan too see it ( thank God), but I didn't hate That's My Boy. Sure it's no where near as funny as Sandlers 90's comedies like Waterboy but there are some chuckles and lol moments here and there in this. It's a okay/ so so movie IMO like a 6.5 out 10.

If you guys knew you where going to hate this going in why bother even seeing it? So many Sandler haters here it's crazy.

Last edited:
I saw this a few days ago. It wasn't great, but it certainly isn't Sandlers worst. My biggest gripe was Sandler seemed to be playing his character as if he had sever brain damage. Dead beat dad is one thing, but that dumb ass voice just bugged the crap out of me the whole film. Sandler needs to stop taking every project he comes across.

Watching 10-15 minutes doesn't give you the right to say this is worse than Jack & Jill.

If 10-15 minutes is repellant enough for a walkout, it is. I did say I saw a bit more today, and I chuckled briefly at a few lines. But that
incest scene in the hotel room and Sandler's character is losing his lunch
is cringe-inducing. What the hell is up with his slurry accent? Sandler's character is repulsive. But those scenes with Susan Sarandon and real-life daughter Eva Amurri had me wolf-whistling in the auditorium.

I feel bad for the rest of the actors here-- Andy Samberg in particular. He deserves a better post-SNL film than this.

I dont know, I expected R rated 90s Sandler and thats what the film is. Felt very similar to his comedy cds. Thought it was funnier then most his other productions the past decade.

Billy Madison and HAppy Gilmore didnt exactly get high praise. This flick was nothing new for Sandler. If you dont enjoy Sandlers raunchy humor or his humor in general then you will hate this flick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"