Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79225

Source: Deadline , YoJoe.com
July 1, 2011

palicki-joe-2.jpg

Adrianne Palicki is the latest name to board Paramount Pictures' upcoming Untitled G.I. Joe Sequel, says a story at Deadline. She will play a key part of Joe team, Lady Jaye.

The film, to be directed by John Chu (Step Up 3D, Never Say Never), will continue the toy-inspired world depicted in 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with a primarily new cast (except for the returning Channing Tatum as Duke, Ray Park as Snake Eyes and, likely, Byung Hun-lee as Stormshadow). Newcomers include Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Elodie Yung as Jinx, DJ Cotrona as Flint and RZA as The Blind Master.

Paliciki is best known for her role on "Friday Night Lights" and for her casting in the recent "Wonder Woman" pilot that was, ultimately, not picked up. Her character is an integral part of the Joes and a master of espionage.

Deadline's story meanwhile suggests that one key part remaining to be cast is that of Joe Colton, the original G.I. Joe. A number of actors are said to be in the running and Bruce Willis is listed among them. Colton and Jaye's action figure cardback bios are viewable below, courtesy of YoJoe.com and the collection of Corey Stinson.

G.I. Joe 2 is headed into production very soon with an eye towards a summer 2012 release.

ladyjaye.jpg

joe-colton.jpg

Having Lady Jaye in this is pretty much expected since Scarlett won't return. Good choice for the role by the way. It's interesting that they are adding Colton, if Quaid is not returning (which I think he won't) I'm guessing he'll replace Hawk's role as the commander.

Wait why isn't Scarlett returning? I can understand why Quaid and Miller who have prospects outside of this franchise are running for the exits....but is everyone else leaving? Most of them haven't been in a major Hollywood picture since, so it is odd. Did Paramount not even sign them up for optioned sequels? Is this a reboot?

I'm so confused.

I think they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. It's a sequel but i think it'll be a reboot in tone. They want everything to be different but instead of recasting everybody, the idea seems to be just to use different characters.

For me, this is good and bad. I loved Rise of Cobra, warts and all and i don't think every aspect of this movie needs to be erased.

I'm excited to have Roadblock, Flint, Lady jaye and Jinx. Those are all good, popular, essential Joes to bring in. I'm even cool with Blind Master and the people that aren't, don't know anything about the comics. Blind Master is a black dude! Do your homework! But why get rid of the others from the first film? Scarlett should DEFINITELY be back. Everybody likes that character and the actress wanted in. What about heavy duty and Breaker? They're not "popular" but they were fine in the first film and should be included, even in smaller roles. Hell, i even liked Ripcord. I know many hated him, but he's not bad and again, he can just be scaled back a bit.

The only recasting that really needs to be done is on the cobra side. Sienna Miller is good as Baroness but she doesn't want to return and i'm fine with it. Get someone else. Baroness isn't that hard to cast. Levitt was great as Cobra Commander but he and Destro can be recast with better versions and they're easier to do now that they're both in their respective masks. Even Zartan is easier to recast due to that whole president thing. He can look substantially different. I'm anxious to hear Cobra casting news.

Well they can always use this cast:

It was way better than the actual movie, anyway. I also thought Nichols was fine as Scarlett, not to mention Ray Park as Snake Eyes. The rest I'm ambivalent about. Miller, Quaid and Gordon-Levitt were good, but they are not coming back. Still, it seems arbitrary.

Well they can always use this cast:

It was way better than the actual movie, anyway. I also thought Nichols was fine as Scarlett, not to mention Ray Park as Snake Eyes. The rest I'm ambivalent about. Miller, Quaid and Gordon-Levitt were good, but they are not coming back. Still, it seems arbitrary.

That video is great. It shows the human side of G.I. Joe and Cobra. Which only makes sense since, they are only human.

Now what event causes them both(G.I. Joe and Cobra) to abandon all that and say 'to hell with it, lets end it and start World War III?'

If that is a question with only silence as an answer... we all think we know whom the silence lies with but General Joe Colton's silence in comics, cartoons, action figures and even the movie, due to him rarely appearing makes General Joe Colton's silence the greatest.

That said, we need to rationalize what Joe Colton did to set off World War III and more importantly - why he did what he did?:wall:

That may be the biggest hurdle of all, or maybe it started because someone went over his head. Maybe that's why Falcon showed up when he did.

Maybe that's why my idea of the final G.I. Joe/Cobra war was the one where damn near all die and mainly why Falcon was the one who kills both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Maybe that is how Falcon got the new assignment, the assignment that changed his code name from Falcon to Snake with a new assignment to take down something called Metal Gear.

Now I need to address WHY they need to wear their non traditional uniforms. It's because they are G.I. Joe and they are bad-ass and they'll wear what they choose or they won't do a damn thing for Gen. Colton's latest 'orders.'

A Top-secret organization should NEVER EVER wear regiment uniforms because it would cause a slow leak in the top secret organization.

Last edited:
Hmm....I like the video 'cause it's funny.

Plus with a cast that included Alan Tudyk (Navy guy), Zack Galaifanchas(sp?) (Snow guy), Julianne Moore (Scarlett), Alexis Bledel (Lady Jaye), Billy Crudup (Zartran), Olivia Wilde (The Baroness), Vinnie Jones (Destro) and more....it had more awesomeness in its cast than the actual Joe movie that came out.

Wait why isn't Scarlett returning? I can understand why Quaid and Miller who have prospects outside of this franchise are running for the exits....but is everyone else leaving? Most of them haven't been in a major Hollywood picture since, so it is odd. Did Paramount not even sign them up for optioned sequels? Is this a reboot?

I'm so confused.

The only Joes I would've wanted to return are Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Hawk. Putting them with Roadblock, Flint and Lady Jaye would be great. Add Stalker too.

She was great as Lady Jaye, I hope she returns for the next film.

Hopefully she'll have a lance weapon in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"