Byung Hun Lee To Start Filming G.I. JOE 2 In December

Shadow-Guardian

Sidekick
Reaction score
A few articles online say that Byung Hun Lee is going to start filming G.I. JOE 2 in december, reprising his role as the lethal Storm Shadow.

http://pandahunnie.wordpress.com/2009/09/17/bh-in-hollywood-storm-d-day/

It was from BH Entertainment’s latest release that Byunghun will start filming the sequel of Storm Shadow in GI Joe 2.. as early as end of the year going for the first 6 months of 2010. Because of the successful outing of ‘GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra’ with US$288 million revenue worldwide, the production is wasting no time to start with the sequel. Lee Byung Hun’s management team is coordinating with the Hollywood production to really plan on Byunghun’s filming schedule for the coming year. He had also signed on for the 3rd movie.

Maybe BH and his management team is coordinating with GI Joe’s production for something to work out considering that he’s starting the filming for the Storm Shadow sequel.. like almost immediately without wasting much time at all. Who knows.. he might be taking this offer already.. well, maybe and hopefully. And BH Entertainment is not actually silent on the whole proposal either plus the popular notion that he’ll be in Hollywood for the most of next year.

For fans disappointed with the supposed "death" of Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra, this is music to your ears! Will he take on Snake Eyes once more, or actually join him this time around in G.I. Joe 2?

Also, it said that G.I. JOE 2 will be released within the first 6 months of 2010.

so they will start filming in 2009 for 2010?

why insult our intelligence?

Oh wow. Revenge of the Storm Shadow

I'm not insulting anybody. I'm just posting what I saw online. If you think it's fake or you don't like it, take it up with the article, not with me.

There is no way this sequel is coming out in 2010 if they havent started production yet, either this is fake or that have made a huge mistake.

It sounds like grammatical malarkey to me. What could make sense is if filming starts in 2010 with a summer 2011 release date. Right now they don't even have a script for GI Joe 2 yet, so it makes no sense that they'd be planning to start filming before the end of 2009. It's not like there's a strike on the immediate horizon or something, so I see no reason that they would rush it into production before everything is in place.

For all we know, they could have written the script for 2 before ROC was even released. We don't know anything, so don't be so quick to judge. No offence.

I'm not insulting anybody. I'm just posting what I saw online. If you think it's fake or you don't like it, take it up with the article, not with me.
which i was. i dont know where you got the idea that i was talking about you.

For all we know, they could have written the script for 2 before ROC was even released. We don't know anything, so don't be so quick to judge. No offence.

Even if a script was written, this movie WONT be out in 2010, I can guarantee it.

Also, it said that G.I. JOE 2 will be released within the first 6 months of 2010.

Actually, I think the article simply stated that movie production was being scheduled for the first half of 2010, and not that the movie was going to be released in 2010. :doh:

Yeah. This is the Dragonball movie forums all over again.

Some other forums still think a dragon ball sequel is still in the works.

Oh boy, here we go again with the "there's not going to be a GI Joe 2" crap. :o

Ok, this article may be false, but I just read that Paramount has OFFICIALLY announced there WILL be a G.I. Joe 2. They said it made enough money to go forth with a sequel. SO let the speculation begin. :D

Dennis Quaid recently said that he's excited about a GI Joe sequel and will be ready to go when Paramount is.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=15149&count=0

"GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra" cost $175 million to make, but has already earned nearly $300 million in worldwide ticket sales. So a sequel will likely happen and Dennis Quaid cannot be any happier about it.

"I'm definitely on board if they do another one," he told Sci-Fi Wire. "I don't know if they have a script yet, but I'm definitely interested."

Quaid did have one request if he were to appear in the sequel. "I want to get out of the pit," he said. "I want to ride a horse and shoot a gun. I want a horse with an accelerator suit."

Director Stephen Sommers previously revealed that the cast is already locked in to return for "GI Joe 2" and that the second installment could come as early as "next summer."

He really fancies himself some John Wayne movies, I take it. :D

lol I can just picture him riding a horse with an accelerator suit shooting a gun. Would be a perfect "WTF?" pic.

Yeah I've lost count of how many actors are excited about sequels that never get made. The LXG actors were excited about the sequel after that movie came out too.

*Professer voice* Good news everyone! Byung Hun Lee is officially signed on for G.I. JOE 3! (Sorry, just got done watching Futurama again)

And it looks like he IS filming this year. But the 2010 release may be false. But what is confirmed is that he's filming this year!

It's possible that SS will not be in GI Joe 2 for the most part, and he'll return at the end as sort of a "now the good guys are screwed!" type thing. If that were the case I could see him having a fairly short shooting schedule, in which case it might make sense to get it out of the way early. I'm also expecting that if Baroness returns in GI Joe 2 it will be late in the movie, so in GI Joe 3 we'll probably be getting a lot of Baroness and Storm Shadow action (assuming GI Joe 2 is successful enough to warrant a third movie).

I'm still not sure 2 is happening, but i'm glad to hear Quaid and Lee would be coming back if they do.

Just watched this a week ago and it was pretty obvious to me Storm Shadow would be back for the sequel which I believe will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"