• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Winter Soldier Advance Screening Fan/Critic Reactions - CA:TWS - SPOILERS!!!! BEWARE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Silas Lesnick from ComingSoon.net:

Silas Lesnick ‏@silaslesnick 23m
Oh, wow is CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER a perfect film. Wow wow wow.

Another family blogger dude:

Andrew ‏@Mommys_Busy 3m
Super surprised and impressed with @AnthonyMackie as a the Falcon. He totally rocked it! #CaptainAmericaEvent

Now I'm wondering if I should skip work on the 4th of April to see this movie. :o
That's what sick days are made for. I'm thinking of hitting a late Friday showing instead of my normal afternoon viewing since I sort of want a crowd viewing it along with me.

The floodgates are somewhat open and it's just great seeing the positive reactions so far.

I like hearing things like "Best Marvel Film to Date!" :cap:

I knew this film would be awesome since day one.

My biggest challenge will be finding someone with free time to go see it with me. I hate going to the movies by myself.

My biggest challenge will be finding someone with free time to go see it with me. I hate going to the movies by myself.

I'm always seeing films by myself. My friends suck haha.

I was pretty confident about this one from day one, as well. I still remember people freaking out when the Russos were hired! Just like with the Evans haters from TFA, justice is served :oldrazz:

I go to movies by myself all the time, which is why I sort of like having a bit of a crowd in the theater, although afternoon viewings allow me to get the best possible seat and not worry about missing dialogue due to loud crowd reactions.

Also important to note: tonight is NOAH's critic and press screening in Mexico City (the implications of flying bloggers/press down on a free trip and dining to review your movie is a topic for a whole OTHER thread, so…) Which explains why a lot of familiar sites and/or names weren't here for this screening.

I'm always seeing films by myself. My friends suck haha.

I go to movies by myself all the time, which is why I sort of like having a bit of a crowd in the theater, although afternoon viewings allow me to get the best possible seat and not worry about missing dialogue due to loud crowd reactions.

I guess it isn't that unusual. Seems every time I try to organize an outing everyone else has kids or other pointless engagements. It sucks. "I didn't stay a bachelor just so I could hang out with myself you *******s". :down

Anyway lonesome or not I'll be seeing this asap.

ONE MONTH FROM NOW.:cmad:

Also Weboot has the right idea with the matinees. :up:

I'll admit I was skeptical and honestly I'm still a little bit because they said Man of Steel was amazing too. I know it'll probably be really good, but I've been let down so many times by these advance screening reactions *cough*ironman3*cough*

Writer/editor of Screencrave and Screencrush:

Damon Houx ‏@houx 2m
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER: Phase 2 is 3/3 for me. Anthony Mackie has finally found that breakthrough role.

Damon Houx ‏@houx 2m
It's also weird to be in a critics screening and have applause burst out for a corporate logo. Which may mean that Marvel is the new Pixar.

From the MovieWeb guy about how they got Cap's character in the movie:
Brian Gallagher ‏@GallagherMW 25m
@FyodorFish They do him justice, and then some. Probably Marvel's best ever.

Last edited:
John Campea from AMC Movie News

John Campea ‏@johncampea 54m
Soooo... I just saw Captain America... and that's all I can say for now. :)

Okay… with that, I am out. Gotta hit the sheets!

I hope there's a ton more gushing reviews/tweets/etc. when I wake up in the morning! This is too awesome.

I lied:

Brian Gallagher ‏@GallagherMW 5m
@omahajon Indeed. Easily their most action-oriented, and darkest, still very much Marvel tho

From AMC movie critics:

Amirose Eisenbach ‏@Amirosie 20m
Dude. #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier was fantastic. You're going to completely freak out. Like I just did. Marvel, you've done it again.

From VeryAware and ReelVixen:

Courtney Howard ‏@Lulamaybelle 28s
The best element in #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier is that it treats female characters with respect. Now bring me a Black Widow movie!

Courtney Howard ‏@Lulamaybelle 1m
.@FrankGrillo blows the roof off the joint in #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier . I'll be damned if he's not a household name by 4/5/14.

Entertainment/TV reporter:
Kevin McCarthy ‏@KevinMcCarthyTV 26m
Wow! Just saw #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier - Can't wait to share my thoughts!! Writing ?'s 4 Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson! #NerdTears

From cinephile, I think?

Danny Miller ‏@dannymmiller 37m
Holy crap, now THAT is a superhero movie! #CaptainAmericaTheWinterSoldier

And now I'm really out. Really. For reals.

Last edited:
Okay, I've got an idea who may say this in the movie and I'm already getting teary:

That just broke my heart. If a quote from a movie I haven't seen can make me cry, I'm going to be a mess when I finally do see it. :waa:

Kevin McCarthy ‏@KevinMcCarthyTV 2m
#CaptainAmerica sequel is my favorite Marvel flick since 1st #IronMan - Best action/emotion of all 9 films in MCU including #TheAvengers!

None of the trailers have really impressed me, and I was hoping the story would at least be good.

But now I'm finally stoked for this film!

Last edited:
So I guess I should post my initial thoughts, huh?

Guys. GUYS. I just came back from seeing The Winter Soldier. Short review: HOLY GOD ALMIGHTY!!! Score: A+ (I was going to give it an A, but then I realized my only complaints were that there wasn't more...which is a great thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"