Affordable Care Act: Real Reform or More Bureaucracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he said, "You college students are going to reap what you sowed" but they are the ones benefiting, so...?

I'm surprised you've chosen not to have health insurance if you could afford it. I never could afford it, so it wasn't really a choice with me.

Also how is it saving the state money if they turn down federal funding? The law still requires their state to have a comparable healthcare system that covers the same people, except it will have to be funded out of the state budget now instead of the federal. The federal budget was going to pay 100% for three years, and then 95% and then 90% in the future. So instead these governors are saying, "No, we want to pay 100% forever". It's just playing politics to garner votes and ultimately costing many of the citizens in these particular states more money in state taxes to cover the state healthcare system they come up with.

It'd be one thing if it was, say, California, rejecting the federal to create a state system, but you are seeing this mostly in states where a huge swathe of the population are the ones the law was created to cover! So now the few rich citizens of those states will foot the bill instead of the rich citizens of other states where there are more rich people. It's just playing politics at the cost of their own state citizens.

Many college students choose not to have health care, if they are healthy, and benefit from the low cost campus clinics provide, then why not? My money was able to go to other things, and it kept my mother from being burdened with the cost of a full health care plan for me.

I am not one that was against major health care reform. But, the way this one was passed, no debate on the floor of the house or senate, backroom deals, blue dog democrats thrown under the bus, and HUGE SWEEPING LEGISLATION, that could have actually been done in steps and would not have made such huge waves that we are now seeing...IMO, this could have been done much differently. In order to take care of 15% of the US population, we did not need to change the direction of the other 85% and their health care. Just did not need to happen in order to help that group of people....

The thing is Kelly, for anyone with common sense who actually reads into things, unlike a lot of the blind Obama supporters, it was clear as day that this is what was going to happen, that this was part of the Obamacare plan. That you would get billed(heh, I consider it a fine or punishment from the government) if you don't have health care either from a job, or a program like Cobra insurance for those who don't have a job(even though Cobra is quite expensive and if you have no money...you can't really pay for it.)

What polls are you talking about exactly? As far as I'm concerned it was blind Obama supporters who lack intelligence that didn't think about Obamacare all the way through and what it would lead to.

All they heard was "HEALTH CARE FOR EVERYONE!" and they flocked to it like lemmings without reading into it more.
What was Romney's proposed health care reform plan, again?

What was Romney's proposed health care reform plan, again?

Doesn't change the fact that many people blindly voted for Obama and didn't read up on anything.

I voted for Gary Johnson by the way, I also didn't care for Romney.

But what job are they going to have where this health insurance isn't partially paid for by their employer? It's a very specific income "donut hole" you are talking about. They have to be working less than 30 hours a week for their employer and yet making more than 138% of the federal poverty line. Like I said, it's probably going to mostly be affecting some business owners (those with 50 or more employees, and those employees working 30 or more hours a week) or self-employed people like contractors.

If the employer pays 50% of a $100 per paycheck insurance plan, the employee pays $50. If the premium jumps to $200 per, then the employee has $50 less in his pocketbook.

That's assuming, of course, that the company doesn't decide to pay the penalty for not providing insurance rather than footing the bill. Then those workers, who may very well not qualify for subsidies, will be thrown onto the exchange and get to pay the higher premiums in their entirety.

A good rule of thumb: If a politician tries to sell you a plan saying it won't cost you anything or will "bend the cost curve downward," it's going to cost you. And whatever a politician says it will cost . . . it will cost more.

Many college students choose not to have health care, if they are healthy, and benefit from the low cost campus clinics provide, then why not? My money was able to go to other things, and it kept my mother from being burdened with the cost of a full health care plan for me.

I am not one that was against major health care reform. But, the way this one was passed, no debate on the floor of the house or senate, backroom deals, blue dog democrats thrown under the bus, and HUGE SWEEPING LEGISLATION, that could have actually been done in steps and would not have made such huge waves that we are now seeing...IMO, this could have been done much differently. In order to take care of 15% of the US population, we did not need to change the direction of the other 85% and their health care. Just did not need to happen in order to help that group of people....

Oh, I can agree on this. The way it should have been done was single-payer instead of this quasi-privatized Frankenstein's monster we ended up with.

Has the thread gone over the matter of accountability on the part of the health care providers being funded by this? I have a couple of questions, if it's not too redundant.

Doesn't change the fact that many people blindly voted for Obama and didn't read up on anything.

I voted for Gary Johnson by the way, I also didn't care for Romney.

:highfive:

With ya, Johnson-bro.

I can't wait until humanity evolves out of making arrogant, assuming retorts like that.

It's such a waste of time having to explain over and over again the simple concept that just because you disagree with what Obama's doing, you aren't automatically for Bush or Romney.

Research tends to lead one away from the bank-funded wolves.

Has the thread gone over the matter of accountability on the part of the health care providers being funded by this? I have a couple of questions, if it's not too redundant.

:highfive:

With ya, Johnson-bro.

I can't wait until humanity evolves out of making arrogant, assuming retorts like that.

It's such a waste of time having to explain over and over again the simple concept that just because you disagree with what Obama's doing, you aren't automatically for Bush or Romney.

Research tends to lead one away from the bank-funded wolves.

That just goes with the territory, it happens on every political forum I have ever posted on...

Why Your Boss is Dumping Your Wife

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-your-boss-is-dumping-your-wife-2013-02-22

By denying coverage to spouses, employers not only save the annual premiums, but also the new fees that went into effect as part of the Affordable Care Act. This year, companies have to pay $1 or $2 “per life” covered on their plans, a sum that jumps to $65 in 2014 . . . experts say more firms are likely to drop spouses altogether, whether they work or not—especially when the new federal health-care exchanges open in 2014, providing an alternative for spouses left out in the cold. “When there’s a place for people to go, employers won’t feel as beholden or compelled to cover the spouse,” says Joan Smyth, an employee benefits consultant with Mercer.
Obamacare is just a gift that keeps on giving, isn't it? A new $65 per covered "life" on the plan? That's bending the cost curve downward, baby! :awesome:

Just remember, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan." That's what Obama said!! :lmao:

Can Medical Tourism Save Us From Obamacare?

[YT]fLxLnEZOMWk&list=UU0uVZd8N7FfIZnPu0y7o95A[/YT]

I have some dental work I need done, I'm seriously considering a trip to Thailand or India for it.

Obama lied. He said people would not get penalized or fined for this. And yet, if you don't do this, you get penalized. The law states if you don't buy in you are penalized.

I know people about driving and ****, but you can live your entire life without owning a car or driving or having a driver's license. You don't have to drive or own a car.

Why should you be fined if you don't want to buy into health insurance? IMHO that's un-American.

Obama lied. He said people would not get penalized or fined for this. And yet, if you don't do this, you get penalized. The law states if you don't buy in you are penalized.

I know people about driving and ****, but you can live your entire life without owning a car or driving or having a driver's license. You don't have to drive or own a car.

Why should you be fined if you don't want to buy into health insurance? IMHO that's un-American.

Pfft, I dare the damn Democrats to come after me.

Pfft, I dare the damn Democrats to come after me.

It won't be ther Democrats that come after you, it will be the IRS. You don't want the IRS coming after you....

It won't be ther Democrats that come after you, it will be the IRS. You don't want the IRS coming after you....

-_-....well...I do not like the IRS. Most Americans I think don't. They use fear don't they? Oh, you gotta pay taxes cause it's the right thing to do, if not, you get audited and may go to jail.

Hopefully I find a more honest job, even if it's retail or food service, instead of these couple paper routes I have. Probably still gonna get fined. If it's cheaper for me to pay a fine or penalty, I may just pay it. Talking in terms of the ACA aka Obamacare. Isn't the fine like $800 bucks? I dunno. I worry about it next year or whenever it takes effect.

jFjt6373QUL7O_e.jpg

Glorious news comrades.

Less coverage is better

Why your boss is dumping your wife
Companies are dropping health coverage for spouses to cut costs

-_-....well...I do not like the IRS. Most Americans I think don't. They use fear don't they? Oh, you gotta pay taxes cause it's the right thing to do, if not, you get audited and may go to jail.

Hopefully I find a more honest job, even if it's retail or food service, instead of these couple paper routes I have. Probably still gonna get fined. If it's cheaper for me to pay a fine or penalty, I may just pay it. Talking in terms of the ACA aka Obamacare. Isn't the fine like $800 bucks? I dunno. I worry about it next year or whenever it takes effect.

No, its called.....if they think you are supposed to pay, and you don't....they will just take the money out of your check. So, you are now OUT the money, and on the IRS' list for the rest of your life, and you have screwed your ability to get a loan for anything, pretty much for the rest of your life. So yeah, you might want to pay up....

No, its called.....if they think you are supposed to pay, and you don't....they will just take the money out of your check. So, you are now OUT the money, and on the IRS' list for the rest of your life, and you have screwed your ability to get a loan for anything, pretty much for the rest of your life. So yeah, you might want to pay up....

I really feel like running for congress as a Libertarian now...and I've given it some thought for months, I just don't think I would be a good enough person to run.

Plain and simple, just Big Govt. :dry: and I don't like the Two parties, D.C., and the IRS telling me what to do.

Ah dammit, now I got that song in my head. You Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party. That songs makes me feel old at 25...

I really feel like running for congress as a Libertarian now...and I've given it some thought for months, I just don't think I would be a good enough person to run.

Plain and simple, just Big Govt. :dry: and I don't like the Two parties, D.C., and the IRS telling me what to do.

Ah dammit, now I got that song in my head. You Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party. That songs makes me feel old at 25...

Well, a few things you can begin doing right now....

#1. PAY YOUR DAMN BILLS AND TAXES..... ; )
#2. Vote in EVERY ELECTION, they do check, and it can come to bite you in the ass later.
#3. Work some campaigns, get your foot in the door, and your name out there.
#4. Goes back to #1, stay out of debt...
#5. Choose wisely in whom you date...and later marry.

Well, a few things you can begin doing right now....

#1. PAY YOUR DAMN BILLS AND TAXES..... ; )
#2. Vote in EVERY ELECTION, they do check, and it can come to bite you in the ass later.
#3. Work some campaigns, get your foot in the door, and your name out there.
#4. Goes back to #1, stay out of debt...
#5. Choose wisely in whom you date...and later marry.

1. I pay my own cell phone bill.

2. I general only vote in the Presidential election.

3. I did what I could for Gary Johnson. I know a guy in the LPNC. I run a very small (11 likes) facebook page for my county's Libertarian Party. Which to be fair, doesn't exist yet. Only the page does. I did put in for a bigger gig. Libertarian Party of NC ''Social Media Coordinator''. Their FB page has 4,100+ likes and 700 followers on twitter.

4. I...me no like debt -_-.

5. Ya know what...I just want a honest job and material things and for my cats to live a very long life. To hell with dating :dry: my heart will never get broken again. :palps: never...ever.

Only voting in the presidential election is half of why congress is so messed up right now...

A majority voted Obama in. Now everyone has to pay for those consequences....it's just how it is.

A majority voted Obama in. Now everyone has to pay for those consequences....it's just how it is.

exactly. like I told my wife who voted for him both times yesterday "I hope you're happy."

her response: "You voted for him the FIRST TIME!"

emphasis mine on first time. yeah I did. then I learned my lesson and was smart enough to realize he was a mistake.

exactly. like I told my wife who voted for him both times yesterday "I hope you're happy."

her response: "You voted for him the FIRST TIME!"

emphasis mine on first time. yeah I did. then I learned my lesson and was smart enough to realize he was a mistake.

:o on the bright side, we get 4 more years of Key and Peele skits.

I voted for Obama in 2008. In 2012, I saw the light and became Libertarian and Voted for Gary 'Come at me bro' Johnson.

I'm just glad we live in a country that allows us to make our own choices and doesn't remove our rights and force us to do what they say.

Oh wait....

I'm just glad we live in a country that allows us to make our own choices and doesn't remove our rights and force us to do what they say.

Oh wait....
They just try to guilt you into submission by insinuating you're racist or a knuckledragger for not supporting the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"