Would Governor Schwarzenegger Make A Good President?

i'd love to see him as president, more intersting then bush :woot:

hasnt proven himself yet..not at all.. im canadian so my vote wouldnt matter..yea...he's the terminator..he gets point for that alone...but he needs more that a few years behind the political crap

KingOfDreams said:
If he remained a Republican I couldn't make myself vote for him no matter what he stood for.

And that's why this country is going to hell :o

Make Arnie your president. I don't care whether he'd be any good or not but I'd enjoy my life a lot more.

Blech, a foreigner as president? NEVER!!!!:cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

He would be an awesome president. Instead of the Governator, he would be the Presinator! The Terminator is.................. The President of the US.

USMC said:
Blech, a foreigner as president? NEVER!!!!:cmad: :cmad: :cmad:

Isn't wonderful when people put their politics in the right place...birth over beliefs all the way. :whatever:

I would vote for him. Anytime a guy can call a bunch of people "Girly Men" and get away with it would be great!!

Yeahm I like Schwarzenegger and he is good governator, but i doubt he would be good president.

LeninaHuxley: I have, in fact, perused some newsreels in the Schwartzenegger Library, and the time that you took that car...
JohnSpartan: Hold it. The Schwartzenegger Library?
LeninaHuxley: Yes. The Schwartzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor when you...
JohnSpartan: Stop! He was President?
LeninaHuxley: Yes! Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment which states...
JohnSpartan: I don't wanna know. President.

Mr. Smash'n Bash said:
I love how this nation was founded by foreigners but **** if we let them run for office even though they've been here for about 40 years.
Good point, :up:

Reporter: Mr. President, how can we stop the growing escalation in the Middle East?
Swarzenegger: If it bleeds? We can kill it.

If everytime he had a speech he'd appear like in the Terminator or T2, buck naked in a sphere of space time continuum energy, asking someone to give him some clothes I'd vote for him. :up:

He'd be entertaining.

Seriously, I like Arnold, mostly because no matter what he is a hard worker and doesn't want to settle for second best. I have no doubt if he continues politics he will work harder and will get better at it. However he does come from a position of inexperience.

I see him as a progressive, someone who is not content to stay the same. He definitely has some Machiavellian qualities. But, as I say, lacks experience and maybe might be in over his head sometimes. I have no doubt that, unlike Bush, he would work hard and TRY to do the right thing.

Jean Cloude Van Demme would be better president than Schwarzenegger

Man-Thing said:
No, but I do like the fact that he's Pro-Global warming. I too, much desire global warming.:up:
LOL! You know what I meant...

NOFX said:
Just for arugument sake, they amended the constiution so he would eligible to run for president for 2012.. He's done a good job rebuilding California after the disaster of our last governor. He's worked well with both Democrats and Republicans. He's a moderate! Here's some info about him:
-Pro Choice
-Pro Capital Punishment(but have given clemency to death row inmates more than our last governor who was a democrat)
-Pro Global Warming
-Pro Stem Cell Research
-Increased the Minimum wage
Economy:
The Governor Has Taken California From The Brink of Bankruptcy To Economic Vitality. Before Governor Schwarzenegger was elected, the state budget deficit was out of control, companies and jobs were fleeing the state, and California's credit rating was worse than Croatia's. Now, jobs are being created, unemployment is down, and the state's business environment is glowing again.

Education:
Governor Schwarzenegger Has Invested More Money In Education Than Any Other Governor In California History. Education is a priority for Californians and for The Governor. Public schools receive more state money than any other time in California's history. The Governor is investing in California's students - our leaders of tomorrow.

Environment:
Governor Schwarzenegger's Commitment to the Environment Shows in his Historic Environmental Initiatives. The Governor has shown leadership on important environmental topics, from global warming to gross-polluting vehicles to cruise- and cargo-ship pollution. The Governor believes there is prevailing link between a strong economy and a clean environment.

State Budget:
The Governor Helped Shrink California's Structural Deficit By 85%. From a projected $16.5 when the Governor was elected in 2003, down to $2.5 billion this year. The Governor continues to push for reforms to help California's economy grow, improve the state's credit rating, and accelerate California's job growth. The State's Rainy Day Fund Is The Largest Since 1978. The Governor established a reserve fund of $2.2 billion – up from the $618 million he proposed in January. This fund would pad the budget for lawsuits against the state that are currently in the court system.

Health Care:
I signed the landmark Healthy Schools Now Act, which bans junk food and sugar-laden drinks in public schools. Our budget also included $18 million to replace that junk food with fresh fruits and vegetables so we can start promoting healthy living choices for our children. On the question of access, I've made children's coverage a priority, resulting in nearly a quarter million additional children covered by our Medi-Cal and Healthy Families programs.
And on the question of affordability, I reached agreement with the Legislature to provide discounts on prescription drugs of up to 60 percent for our neediest citizens. But we're not stopping there. I convened a California Health Care Summit in July that for the first time brought together experts on all sides of this issue. At the table with us were representatives from academia, government, business, health care and labor. From that summit and follow-up meetings, there emerged a strong sense of how to proceed on health care reform. Affordability is the key to making our system work for everyone, and affordability is exactly what we are dedicating ourselves to.
By implementing a statewide plan advancing health information technology that I called for in a recent executive order, we can shave billions of dollars off health care costs in California. By creating the 500 elementary school-based health centers I called for in our Health Summit, medical treatment will be more accessible to our children who need it most and they can avoid costly emergency care.

Illegal and legal Immigration:
Now that they are here, what do we do? Amnesty is not the answer. Congress granted amnesty in 1986 and promised it would end the problem. It didn't. Amnesty only made it worse. You don't reward people for breaking the law. And you don't grant someone the rights of citizenship simply by virtue of how long they have been in this country illegally — that makes a mockery of the law and penalizes those who waited years and followed the rules. But it is not realistic either to round up 12 million people and send them home. Many have families here now, children and grandchildren who are citizens. Splitting them up would be inhumane. Some say it would cost as much as $250 billion to even try. Who would pay for that? It is simply not realistic.
The answer, as I have repeatedly said, is, first, to secure the border to stop the problem from getting worse. Second, we must create a temporary-worker program so people can come here legally to work. We should also lift the cap on work visas for industries such as technology, engineering and agriculture so immigrants can be hired when there are not enough U.S. workers. And we must create a path to legal status for those living in the shadows illegally. They must pay a fine for breaking our laws. They must learn English and become part of our culture. They must pay back taxes and pay for healthcare and education rather than expect American taxpayers to pay extra when some cannot even afford healthcare or college for their own children. Unfortunately, we must wait for Congress to return next year to take up the critical issue of comprehensive immigration reform. Meanwhile, we must do all we can to stop the problem from getting worse and to maintain a civil debate about illegal immigration.

Minimum Wage:
"With our economy booming and nearly 600,000 new jobs since I took office, the time is right to raise the minimum wage for working families. I promised in January that I would sign legislation increasing the minimum wage if it was not indexed to inflation. And that's exactly what I will do when this bill hits my desk. I am especially pleased because this is another great example of what we can accomplish for the people of this state when we work together to move California forward." Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Minimum Wage Will Increase By $1.25 In Two Phases. The wage will go up 75 cents in January 2007, then up another 50 cents – to $8 per hour – in January 2008.

arnold_governator.jpg

Even at his age, i'm sure he could win the war on terror alone, in a week and if he needs help he could always call on his buddies Sly and Bruce.

:ninja:

- Whirly

Yes but especially so if he made Keifer Sutherland Secretary of Defense.

arnold_governator.jpg

"Vote for me if you want to live."
:woot:

And when he goes up for re election he has the PERFECT campaign slogan: "Ill be back."
:word:

arnold_governator.jpg

"I promise to destroy terrorism and other things of dis nature. Don't forget to pick up my holiday classic JINGLE ALL THE WAY!"

Dave McFly said:
arnold_governator.jpg

"Vote for me if you want to live."
:woot:

And when he goes up for re election he has the PERFECT campaign slogan: "Ill be back."
:word:

:woot: Thats hilarious! But hey, I wouldn't mind him as president, you can't get much worse than Bush, unless you have like... Hitler.....Or Sadam Whosinsane......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"