Sequels Age of Apocalypse vs. Days of Future Past

A mix between the two because they both would be great to see on screen.

you can't mix age of apacolypse and days of future past, two different universes

days of future past is one of the altime great story archs in xmen

For movie purposes? Days of Future Past all the way. It strikes me as more realistic-- I'm not sure Apocalypse would translate well to the silver screen.

If X3 includes Sentinels, then I would go for Age of Apocalypse but have it take elements of Days of Future Past...

impossible to make age of apacolypse right now...

for one there are two many characters that are assumed you know who they are in real life, to show the stark difference in the alternate universe that the movies havent even adressed yet, like havok gambit and sinsiter and omega red, and obviously apacolypse

2..to make that moive, realisticly your talking a minimum of 250 million budget, if spiderman 3 is being made for 250 AoA is looking at 300 which would make it the most expensive movie ever, and the x franchise has not proven worthy of that kind of budget they have dominated the mid-big budget of 100 million doubling up both movies, but they havent grossed 300 nor 250 yet so it would be tough to justify it

and third, to go from the real world setting that bryan singer sacrifced the truencies of the comic book to do so, and dive right in to the not able to explain in a movie world of the age of apacolypse, i just don't think this movie is possible

besides days of future past kicks ash so much more then AoA does, Cable, Bishop, to of the coolest outlaws ever

What is the Days of Future past storyline?

I've heard of it but never really read to much into it. I heard it was good. I'd take what everI heard about it and I'd say I rather see that made into a movie then AoA. Maybe Marvel can put AoA into an animated movie like they did The Avengers.

yeah an AoA TAS could be really cool, or yeah like a movie too

I wouldn't like to see either. The X-men are complicated enough without throwing time travel/alternate realities into the movies as it is, which will inevitably become a movie about time travel, not the X-men. It'll just be Back to the Future with leather.

I wouldnt mind seeing Apocalypse but no AoA.

Both would translate poorly to the big screen.

I'd think Fall of the Mutants would be a more ideal choice for the big screen in place of AOA.

The movie wouldn't follow the storylines exactly. It would just take aspects from either/or.

If I had to choose between the 2, I'd choose Days of Future Past without the time travel. It would be a futuristic end to this particular saga.

You'd want to end a superhero franchise on such a downer note?

wait a second thoug, the time travel was the best part about days of future past, there is no futures past without time travel...its one of the coolest stories xmen has made

L0ngsh0t said:
wait a second thoug, the time travel was the best part about days of future past, there is no futures past without time travel...its one of the coolest stories xmen has made

For the purpose of a single movie, movie goers would never go for time travel in any form.

OOohhh, Days of future past.......

Coolest storyline ever!

Age of apocalypse, look at X-Men Legends II it's pretty decent

Days of Future past is too confusing.

You'd want to end a superhero franchise on such a downer note?

It would definitely be non-formulaic and could work in many ways.
So, yes, I'd be open to the possibility.

psylockolussus said:
Age of apocalypse, look at X-Men Legends II it's pretty decent

Days of Future past is too confusing.

Xmen legends 2 isn't AoA.....AoA is set in a parralell universe, for the people who don't think time travel would work for DOFP then that movie wouldn't work ether, cause like i said before the whole story behind days of future past, is time travel, what is the story with out it....plus you can bring cable and bishop in with time travel two of the coolest characters ever

Even though I love Age of Apocalypse I would prefer Days of Future Past cause then we get to see Rachel Summers one of my favorite X-charaters

If DoFP is made it will have to be about time travel, not the X-men. Which kills the point of making it an X-men movie.

The main idea of any X-men movie has to be mutants and their place first and foremost. DoFP is about mutancy but on the big screen time travel will easily overshadow it.

Anyways I dont think realistically we'd ever get a DoFP story on the big screen. The Danger Room scene (according to Premiere) is supposed to be a nod to DoFP and I think thats the closest we'll get.

Oh and Sen. Kelly is dead.

I think apocalypse would be kick @$$ if done right. Take out all the egyptian background and bs and make him a regular mutant though. I know that is a big part of his background but for story purposes it just wouldnt fit. Make him look like he does in X-Men Legends II though cause I like that look, kind of darker. I cant stand time travel stuff cause no one knows what the bad place is goin' on, ya know.

Back%20to%20the%20Future%20-%20Doc%20and%20Marty%20(300w).jpg

"Marty! You've got to come with me!"
"Aww, Doc, what is it now?"
"Sentinels have conquered the world and are destroying all of mutantkind!"
"But Doc, we destroyed the Delorean and..."
"Your kids, Marty! Your kids are the ones who design the Sentinels! We've got to stop them before it's too late!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"