ahh the FCC protects us all

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Federal Communications Commission on Friday said it plans to fine the Walt Disney Co's ABC network $1.4 million for airing an episode of "NYPD Blue" in 2003 that showed a woman's nude buttocks.

The company said it opposes the fine and plans to appeal.

In a notice filed on Friday, the agency said 52 television ABC stations in the Central and Mountain time zones had aired the scene at 9 p.m. in violation of federal restrictions against broadcasting "obscene material" between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

The agency said it received "numerous complaints" about the scene, in which a young boy walks in on a nude woman about to take a shower.

Stations in the Eastern and Pacific time zones were exempt because they broadcast the February 25, 2003, episode at 10 p.m. local time.

ABC said in a statement that it had broadcast the episode and others from the cop drama, which ran from 1993 to 2005, with appropriate parental warnings and with V-chip enabled program ratings when they were available.

The network added that the show had been on the air for nearly a decade when the episode in question aired "and the realistic nature of its storylines was well known to the viewing public."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080126/media_nm/fcc_abc_dc

dear god no not buttocks wont someone think of the children

its been like around 5 years, they need to get a grip...:dry:

The FCC clearly has some sort of stick up its own ass. Or a bug. Or a bug holding a stick, which seems more likely.

Unclench, FCC. Unclench the cheeks.

an ass??? who gives a damn...ASS is nothin. they have it EVERYWHERE. Simpsons Family Guy etc. Bare ass is better than a boob etc.

Ever since Bush put Kevin Martin in charge of the FCC, that entire organization has just gone to hell trying to function as some sort of bizarre morality enforcement watchdog group. :down

jag

Thank god the FCC can't touch cable.

Thank god the FCC can't touch cable.

Ahhh, but Martin has been trying like hell to stick his fingers into cable and satellite television and into satellite radio.

jag

what, no fine for Zach Morris' man-butt?:huh:

Ahhh, but Martin has been trying like hell to stick his fingers into cable and satellite television and into satellite radio.

jag
Let him try and fail! :cmad:

The agency rejected the network's argument that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ."

Possible the best quote AOL has written in awhile.

The agency rejected the network's argument that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ."

Possible the best quote AOL has written in awhile.

fom what i can judge from that comment is members of the FCC like anal:huh:

Maybe they just didn't like Charlotte Ross's ass and felt obligated to fine ABC for it.

Um, I'm pretty sure I see ass shots all the time on network tv. Simpsons, Futurama and Family guy are all cartoons, sure, but I've seen it on Star Trek, NYPD Blue (15 years ago, no less), The Drew Carey Show, and I'm sure there have been dozens of others.

Did anyone catch the episode on er where they broke open and old black woman's shirt.....BOOBS?! :eek: Flat boobs. :dry:
The next time they aired that episode she was covered. :o :p

WTF?
You can show full frontal nudity at 9pm in Britain.

What? Wasn't that years ago? :huh:

yep,it was included on a reel of clips that showed what some organization thought were terrible,most of them were from nip tuck and other clearly adult shows.

Is the FCC that bored that they're looking at old TV shows to fine?

Well, the government has to pay for the 150 billion dollars it is just giving away in its "stimulus" plan some how. Next target - ABC for Leave It To Beaver...Mrs. Cleaver showed a bit too much leg for that time period. :cmad:

Well, the government has to pay for the 150 billion dollars it is just giving away in its "stimulus" plan some how. Next target - ABC for Leave It To Beaver...Mrs. Cleaver showed a bit too much leg for that time period. :cmad:
Don't forget the indecency all over I Love Lucy. A man and woman sharing a bed? Good lord!

^^They had separate beds. The Brady's were the indecent ones.:o

^^They had separate beds. The Brady's were the indecent ones.:o
Lucy and Ricky had separate beds in the first season or two, but they were sharing a king or queen bed by the time Little Ricky was conceived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"