Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

IIRC, Frank Thomas was the only player willing to talk to the investigators.

And he did this while playing for Texas.

Him, Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Ruben Sierra, Rafael Palmeiro.

Cant wait to see all the "A-roid" signs when he comes to Fenway this year.

Yeah, there's going to be a time in which the idea of having an affair with Madonna would be considered the "good ole days".:grin:

Yeah, there's going to be a time in which the idea of having an affair with Madonna would be considered the "good ole days".:grin:

I dunno, I never gave a damn about his personal life. Athletes cheat on their wives. Whatever.

I've been reading around the internet about this, and a lot of people think David Ortiz is on that list. Another that wouldn't surprise me is Andrew Jones.

I find it hard to believe these guys won't get into the HOF despite this... now that appears almost everyone was doing it. I mean maybe not those second tier guys like Maguire and Sosa and Palmeiro... but A-Rod, Clemens, Barroid.

Thank god we didnt him for Manny in 2003 :hehe:

I find it hard to believe these guys won't get into the HOF despite this... now that appears almost everyone was doing it. I mean maybe not those second tier guys like Maguire and Sosa and Palmeiro... but A-Rod, Clemens, Barroid.

I don't think Bonds and Clemens will get in. With A-Rod, who knows. This report wasn't supposed to be leaked so that might factor into it.

so for those of you who don't care about steroids...how would you feel if you walked into your 13 or 14 year olds room and saw him or her shooting up steroids so he or she could get size for football or some other sport he or she wanted to play??

I don't have a kid.

But if I saw this happen, I'd laugh at them, give him one of his mother's bras for when he gets ***** **** or give her one of my razors and shaving cream for when she gets facial hair, and tell the coach that they should perform drug tests for their players and prospective players including testing for steroid usage.

I would also let them know that as long they do drugs, that they are no longer allowed to live under our roof, and send an ad to the paper that we have a room for rent, and I would start to move their stuff to the curb.

Bottom line is Steroids saved baseball after the last strike. HR's exploded and fans came back. We are suckers for not thinking something was wrong then and hypocrites for complaining now.

Let me clear up one thing. I don't think steroids have any place in any sport. But it was right there for every to see. And we didn't complain then.

Agreed. Clean it up and move on.

Exactly. I am completely burned out on steroids now. I'm more concerned with the fact that someone within the federal government leaked this info to the press and only leaked A-Rod's name when there were 103 other players on that list. Sounds like someone had an agenda here. That drug testing was supposed to be confidential and wiped out. I understand what A-Rod did was wrong, but there's a part of me who feels his rights to privacy have been violated and now his image is tarnished forever.

Exactly. I am completely burned out on steroids now. I'm more concerned with the fact that someone within the federal government leaked this info to the press and only leaked A-Rod's name when there were 103 other players on that list. Sounds like someone had an agenda here. That drug testing was supposed to be confidential and wiped out. I understand what A-Rod did was wrong, but there's a part of me who feels his rights to privacy have been violated and now his image is tarnished forever.

then he shouldn't have done what he did....I have no sympathy and hopefully no one else does either

If you're going to leak 1 name, why wouldn't you leak the biggest one?

If you're going to leak 1 name, why wouldn't you leak the biggest one?

As far as I'm concerned, people who leak this kind of confidential information are no better than the guys who did the steroids themselves and that person needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

....and the truth shall set you free.....nice move getting Peter Gammons to do the interview

Like I've said before, I didn't care for A-Rod before this and I still don't, but you have to respect him for coming out with the truth. He isn't going to go through what Bond and Clemens did. IMO, I think this helps get him into the HoF unlike what McGwire has gone through.

He's only admitting it because he got outed.

The best he can hope for is a WS ring because the Hall is out

Does anyone else want to know the names of the other 103 players? I mean that's about 3 players per team. I'll always question a milestone or a record being broken if the names aren't brought out into the open. On the other hand, I hope they aren't leaked because of the damage it could do to baseball. What's everyone elses thoughts on this?

I do....get em all out....there is no getting past this unless all the cards are out on the table

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"